Big League Magazine on Ebay $100k

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Question & Answer Answered On
Q: Did the 0 button get stuck when you typing in the starting price? 24-Nov-11
A: No mate!!
Q: So if it was never released, how did you get a hold of a copy? Also, you can't honestly think that someone would buy a magazine for $100 000! Seriously, come on, that's highway robbery! 24-Nov-11
A: I use to work where they printed big league magazine, and mate im actually hoping someone who is rich as and loves their footy memrobilia wants it mate im even hoping the nrl heirachy might even want to buy it back and have it in their safe keeping and even if it doesnt get sold mate i'll keep it and get darren locker to sign when he becomes an immortal
Q: g day , if they were never released how did you get one ???? dave 23-Nov-11
A: I worked in the place where we printed the magazine and decided to take a copy home as in the four years i worked their i never heard of a magazine being pulled from the stands because of its cover and it seemed like a good oppurtunity to grab a copy and keep it as changing covers or changing headlines only usually happens when someone very important dies or a world changing event happens and it cost Big league at the time a lot of money around $500,000 at the time because as those magazines where just about to be transported out thats when us printers had to re-print the covers on the same day they had to be transported out so it was a very expensive exercise for Big League that week, and i knew it had to be worth something in years to come so i grabed a copy and kept it all these years waiting for lockyer to retire.

:s So in other words, the guy is trying to sell stolen property. :dodgy:

The funny thing about his other items he has the 100 years of league magazines from the Daily Telegraph at $1,000.00. The local newagency gave my son 2 complete sets of that and not mention the set he got each day - wow im rich.....

This really doesnt have a clue.

Its these people who get lots of things signed that make it harder for kids to get players to sign.
They should pass a law you can't sell anything signed unless you have written permission from the person/people who signed it to do so.

Jethro said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Question & Answer Answered On
Q: Did the 0 button get stuck when you typing in the starting price? 24-Nov-11
A: No mate!!
Q: So if it was never released, how did you get a hold of a copy? Also, you can't honestly think that someone would buy a magazine for $100 000! Seriously, come on, that's highway robbery! 24-Nov-11
A: I use to work where they printed big league magazine, and mate im actually hoping someone who is rich as and loves their footy memrobilia wants it mate im even hoping the nrl heirachy might even want to buy it back and have it in their safe keeping and even if it doesnt get sold mate i'll keep it and get darren locker to sign when he becomes an immortal
Q: g day , if they were never released how did you get one ???? dave 23-Nov-11
A: I worked in the place where we printed the magazine and decided to take a copy home as in the four years i worked their i never heard of a magazine being pulled from the stands because of its cover and it seemed like a good oppurtunity to grab a copy and keep it as changing covers or changing headlines only usually happens when someone very important dies or a world changing event happens and it cost Big league at the time a lot of money around $500,000 at the time because as those magazines where just about to be transported out thats when us printers had to re-print the covers on the same day they had to be transported out so it was a very expensive exercise for Big League that week, and i knew it had to be worth something in years to come so i grabed a copy and kept it all these years waiting for lockyer to retire.

:s So in other words, the guy is trying to sell stolen property. :dodgy:

Lol seems that way

The NRL as the owner of Big League should contact him and demand it back as they are the legal owners of it and he did steal it from them.
Call the Police.

Also price cut bargin to be had it is only $50k now.

Earnie the Eagle said:
He will be banned from eBay for selling stolen goods!

So he sets up anew account and away he goes.

I have dobbed so many people in for bidding on their own items it's not funny. They bar the luster and the next week the same item is listed with a new seller.

bob dylan said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
He will be banned from eBay for selling stolen goods!

So he sets up anew account and away he goes.

I have dobbed so many people in for bidding on their own items it's not funny. They bar the luster and the next week the same item is listed with a new seller.

I have bid on items and found out later that the seller had another person running the price up, as you say they get banned but change their id and are back doing the same thing a week later.

Other classics, actually this type of thing annoys me.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2008-NRL-Centenary-Immortal-Signature-Arthur-Beetson-Roosters-Signed-/220907256544?pt=AU_NRL_Rugby_League_Merchandise&hash=item336f193ae0&clk_rvr_id=291731373077

This card is worth $600-$800 tops.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RUGBY-LEAGUE-FOOTY-CARDS-FULL-SETS-1974-1997-/260890943383?pt=AU_NRL_Memorabilia&hash=item3cbe4fdf97&clk_rvr_id=291732772582

I love this one, the cards are not from the years specified 1974-77 (Steve Roach and Garry Jack didnt play back then), they would be worth a maximun of $800 and he says he would loan them to a museum. I have 3 copies of two of these sets if he get $19000 its my shout

To be fair Bob he does say 74 to 97.
There are some from 70s for sure there.

I have the page from my club new letter when I made the club team of the weeks in under 10s. That must be worth 5 or 6k at least.
And if I signed it.........

There is a squashed packet of Winfield Blue on the road outside my joint, any idea what that might fetch on ebay?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
There is a squashed packet of Winfield Blue on the road outside my joint, any idea what that might fetch on ebay?

Probably a fair bit in 20yrs. Plain packaging haha!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4