1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best draw this year?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by silvertail, Sep 25, 2016.

1. silvertail

silvertail Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 6
    Who had the best draw this year, in terms of most 6+ day turnarounds? Wouldn't happen to be Cronulla followed by the Storm. Just had a quick, curious look back at this years draw, given they meet in the GF, and it certainly looks like they were both given a huge leg up. The favoured ones?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Batty

Batty Active Member

Ratings:
    +391 / 51
    Pretty sure I read at the start of the season that Canberra, Storm and the Broncos did the best statistically with turnarounds, travel etc.

St George, Roosters, Cowboys and Manly statistically the worst.

There's a definite unfairness about the draw that needs addressing.

I guess this will improve next year once the Monday night games have disappeared. Further improvements again once the NRL control the scheduling of their own competition.... who would have thought.... The NRL taking control of their own schedule.

Bye bye Friday night Broncos. Manly may even get more than 1 Sunday arvo Brookie game too?....

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Ironstine Ironstine x 1
  3. DUFFMAN

DUFFMAN Active Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 5

Nothing win change, 80% of Broncos games will be on a Friday.
    Monday is gone so Manly will get 4-5 Thursday night games instead.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Batty

Batty Active Member

Ratings:
    +391 / 51
    Manly had an excellent draw in 2015. Most Friday nights and Sat games. I think we got dudded in 2016 so hopefully due for a better one in 2017.

There was a lot spoken about this year with player welfare and I'm sure it'll come up again in the offseason - I reckon the NRL will make a effort to achieve some more equality in 2017.... let's see how it pans out.

Your comment is probably spot on with the Broncos. But they do pack the crowds in so it is a business at the the of the day. It's certainly not fair but is profitable.

I reckon if Brookie was packed to the eyeballs every week - Manly would get more of a say when it comes to scheduling preferences but a lot of supporters are voting with their feet at the moment so while hat happens - id say our below avg attendance means we have very little say.

Hopefully a few wins in 2017 and we can bring the crowds back, regardless of the day.

5. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,701 / 257
    Disagree, that's a Nine game , we don't rate, we might v the Eels or Dogs but otherwise I reckon it's Saturday games mostly!!

6. silvertail

silvertail Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 6
    Cronulla 2016 turnarounds:

5 days 3 times
    6 days 2 times
    7 days 8 times
    8 days 5 times
    8+ 4 times

• Informative Informative x 2