Bellyache to get another shot at Mal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
By Margie McDonald The Australian:

Craig Bellamy is assured of a third season as NSW Origin coach when he arrives back in Australia, after a fact-finding mission to Europe for the Melbourne Storm.

During his travels to leading soccer clubs, such as AC Milan and Ajax Amsterdam, and English rugby clubs, including Leicester, Bellamy had the chance to touch base with NSWRL general manager Geoff Carr who was in Leeds for the Four Nations final.

It was an informal chat but it appears Bellamy will take on the Blues' job again in a third bid to stop the winning run of Mal Meninga's Queensland.

The Maroons won a historic fourth-straight series this year.

"We've agreed to meet fairly quickly when he gets back," Carr said.

"I can honestly say I'm fairly optimistic.

"But we still need to sit down and find out what the issues are for him this time around, and hopefully solve them."

Last year, Bellamy wanted more help from the NSWRL to look after the day-to-day non-football decisions, planning and logistics of each Blues camp, so he could concentrate on coaching.

Well Snake wont be a chance to be picked - it was only last year he left him on the bench for game 3.... I wonder if he will pick Steve Turner now he is at the Bulldogs.

I cant agree with he choice as coach - we need a coach not connected with any team..

I'm fine with him being coach.

The selectors need an overhaul though. No way has the last 2 origin series losses had alot to do with bellamy. When you take the best 17 players in the state and put them in a side together they don't need "coaching" just someone to get them fired up and bellamy seems like much like dessie in his intenseness (if that's a word).

They just need to learn to pick the right players..... maybe hodkinson will get a look in this year ;)

sucker for punishment.

Be prepared fo the NSW team to be full of storm players

That wannabe Islander Finch for half back. Willie Mason will be the blues second rower. Hoffwoman will get a run. So will Rianne Tandy, Aiden Tollwoman and Garrett Crosswoman. Steph Turner and Anthony Queen as the wingers.

5ive - Nil.

I guess that's getting closer to the 40 Nil hammering Bellyache copped last year.

Over n out ;D

2010 crystal ball time:
Once again NSW will use around 35 players in the three games, Qld will use 22. Gidley, White, Farah, & Waterhouse will be automatic Blues selections and half the team will play out of their regular position. There will be a thousand columns written on the lack of a suitable halves combination for the Blues and Finch will get in anyway. Gould will be mentioned 5 times a week by Ch 9 as the man to save NSW.
Actual result: Queensland 2-1 or 3-0.

I just had a premonition that Ox might get recalled from england to play sos. Then I realised I was dreaming.

Has there been an origin coach that has lost three consecutive series?  I'd love for Bellamy to be the first.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8