1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beaver says it well

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by maxta, Sep 18, 2014.

1. maxta

maxta Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Toowoomba, Queensland
    Ratings:
    +2,369 / 57
    On a sports show this morning the other talkshow host was talking the doom & gloom of departing players, turmoil, jump off cliff scenario's & finished with a statement/question to Beaver
    Other bloke - "This really is the end of an era for Manly" "Isn't it??"
    Beaver - "I think its the start of a new era"
    As you would expect Beaver was honest in his appraisel of the chances against Dogs claiming it a was a very tall order, but never to write the Seaeagles off.
    Liked the fact Beaver was honest & not over defensive & almost excited, truth is there will be some major changes, but this new era could well end up just as dominant as the teams in the past.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,701 / 27
    Pure class.

That is exactly the right comment to make 'start of a new era', and something which I think we would expect from the great man.

I have no inside knowledge of what's going on inside the walls of the Sea Eagles, but if anyone needs a role model this is the man.

3. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,777 / 258
    I just want season 2014 to be over so the "cleansing" can begin.

Line them up against a wall, those that want to stay get in their cars and go home those that don't are shot at dawn......Lol

Seriously though, shooting aside, that's what needs to happen.

I don't care anymore, I just want to know that the 17 players who roll up for a game are doing it because they want to be there.

Oh sure they are paid well for that also BUT also because they are happy and proud to wear the Marron & White

• Like Like x 8
  4. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    i'm sick of all these pundits claiming it's the inner-club turmoil that's playing out on the field. Hello! - take a look at our pack! we were missing 3 starters against the bunnies from an already pretty weak forward lineup! That would scr*ew up any club.

• Like Like x 2
  5. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,844 / 103
    C'mon. We haven't looked ourselves since the bookies paid out on us winning the minor premiership six weeks ago.
    I hope some Manly fans pocketed this premature windfall.

6. panash

panash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 0
    Yes we can use That excuse for the other night but what about the 5-6 weeks before that ??

Glenn has been out for most of the year.the other guys at the time were playing

7. MPC75

MPC75 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 9
    Personally I think we overachieved this year, with the pack we have. I think we were punching above our weight. I couldn't believe that the bookies were paying out with a few rounds to go. We had some pretty tough games leading into the Semi's. Unfortunately, now with a couple of injuries we are getting found out.

8. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    Exactly right, we DID over-achieve with what we had at our disposal. Obviously all is not well at the club, and that would impact any on-field performance. But look at our current forwards lineup, and compare it to other teams (as I did in the 'David v Goliath' thread') - it's obviously not even near the quality of other teams. This is finally playing out on the field as we come into crunch time of the season against quality opposition that is stepping up.

9. EagleFromMay1967

EagleFromMay1967 In bed before the room got dark.

Blue Mountains these days
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 44
    We won a significant proportion of matches this year by 1 - 3 points. Quite a few seemed to be in the last few minutes of the matches, if not indeed in the last few SECONDS. These were almost flukish. Our luck has run out - probability theory.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Same as Penriff - yet they're being lauded as premiership contenders. :huh:

At least Manly won all but one game by scoring a try.
    Penriff won at least three by a field goal or penalty goal in the final minutes :cool:

Dogs win loss ratio in the last 2 months is worse than all the other Teams that are playing this week :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,137 / 289
    Honestly, I think Gutherson, Hiku, Foran, DCE, Trbojevic(s), Buhrer is what you build around, then add various pieces around that. We need to keep Ballin going as long as possible as well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    Agree - but think one more big bopper in that mix for stability.

13. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,137 / 289
    If Choc, Matai and whoever leave, surely we could get a JWH, Darcy Lussick type to return?

14. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    You would hope - I am thinking we want a player like Kite or King that we can build a pack around long term.

15. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Some people just need someone to blame, crusher. The thought we might not be quite good enough is too confronting.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Snake

Snake Doing The Eagle Rock!

Ratings:
    +2,535 / 135
    There is not enough aggression in the current line up for my liking. Moving forward, if we are without Watmough, Gifty, Matai, King, and maybe even Matai, we need to replace their aggression. It's no good having a pack of Buhrers, Starlings, and Symonds, because they are not angry enough to match it with the best packs. Ferris gets through a lot of work, and Symonds is a potential ball playing back rower to take over from Gifty, but we need to surround them with Russell Packer type monsters to stiffen the joint up!

17. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I've said this before, but geez I love Beaver!