Beaver didn't hit Gower hard enough?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Gronk

Bencher

According the SMH Gower will be back for the game this weekend:

PENRITH halfback Craig Gower may create a dilemma for NSW Origin selectors after being cleared to play this weekend in a surprise return from knee surgery. Gower, who went under the knife hours before last week's Origin I match, has been named in the Panthers team that will play Manly at CUA Stadium on Sunday.

There will have been just 11 days between the arthroscopy and his return to the paddock but Penrith officials believe Gower is moving so well that he could have played even if the match had been scheduled earlier. Gower would have to put in only a respectable performance for the Blues selectors to consider him ahead of the Origin I hero Brett Finch.

Selection news was not so rosy for Billy Slater, Tim Smith and Steve Southern yesterday. All have been pencilled in to play lower grades this weekend.

Slater has discovered he will have to fight for his spot, with Storm coach Craig Bellamy keeping Greg Inglis at fullback. Slater, back from a seven-week suspension, was named as 18th man against the Roosters but may play for feeder club Brisbane Norths.

Not so subtle was the continued exclusion of halfback Tim Smith from the Parramatta team for Friday's match against St George Illawarra. Smith has to rediscover how to take on the advantage line and add some variety to his game before new Eels coach Jason Taylor will recall him.

Dragons coach Nathan Brown waited until doctors had checked the progress of enforcer Jason Ryles before naming his side. But Ryles has been ruled out for another week. The re-signed Mark Gasnier will get his chance at five-eighth after Trent Barrett copped a six-week suspension. Star centre Matt Cooper returns from a hamstring injury and Ben Hornby has been named captain and halfback.

North Queensland coach Graham Murray couldn't find room for Southern in his new-look side to face Wests Tigers. Murray gave talkative organiser Shane Muspratt the vital five-eighth spot in place of Justin Smith, and promoted Josh Hannay and Jacob Lillyman because of injuries to Ashley Graham, Luke O'Donnell and Rod Jensen.

Meanwhile, Manly's in-form back-rower Steve Menzies, who will notch up his 300th game against Penrith this weekend, has signed with the Sea Eagles for two more years.

well it was only cartlidge damage - you can play on it you just hinder the recovery and play with pain - ive had the same injury

you can do further damage but its not as likely as a muscle or ligament and isnt anywhere near as important either.

his true recovery time would be months anyway

well it was only cartlidge damage - you can play on it you just hinder the recovery and play with pain - ive had the same injury

yeah but you are an Iron man Fluff, more able to absorb pain than normal humans :lol:

[quote author=Fluffy]

yeah but you are an Iron man Fluff, more able to absorb pain than normal humans :lol:

[/quote]

can get some serious knee injuries playing netball, how long were you sidelined for Fluffy?

I tore my ACL playing touch footy four years ago. Haven't been able to do bugger all for the last 4 years and have to stop growing before I have a knee reconstruction :\

I tore the cartlidge as well, but that fixed itself pretty quickly.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2