Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
Croker isn't the answer, but with Hastings seemingly in the dog house we're going to have to get used to it because there really isn't anyone else.

So it would seem Hastings does not get along with DCE. Explains why Barrett hasn’t been playing him in the halves.

Just a thought for anyone thinking DCE may be at fault in this or not being understanding to Jacko's needs.

As the captain, playing leader and playing representative of the club and coach, it is highly probable that DCE chose to be/was chosen to be/is expected to be the one to tell Jacko to pull his head in after all "kinder"attempts failed and that's why he was involved in a spat with Jacko.
I highly doubt DCE was the one out of line in this.

High level team sports are pretty heavily structured environments, ego and testosterone driven rugby league more than most. We had a similar situation in Flegg with a kid booted because he just couldn't deal with another kid being better than him.

Last edited:
I’ll believe what a senior official told me as he has never lied to me in the past.
Here's the quote from the unnamed source
you-there-****-off-and-when-you-get-there-****-11016615.png

Just a thought for anyone thinking DCE may be at fault in this or not being understanding to Jacko's needs.

As the captain, playing leader and playing representative of the club and coach, it is highly probable that DCE chose to be/was chosen to be/is expected to be the one to tell Jacko to pull his head in after all "kinder"attempts failed and that's why he was involved in a spat with Jacko.
I highly doubt DCE was the one out of line in this.

High level team sports are pretty heavily structured environments, ego and testosterone driven rugby league more than most. We had a similar situation in Flegg with a kid booted because he just couldn't deal with another kid being better than him.
Truth is: we don't know these people. We know the image they present in public.

I remember thinking how mean the senior players were when they shunned DCE - Georgie Rose even pushed him away on the field. And I loved the players who were openly hostile to the kid.

We've all known people in life with a stellar reputation, who everybody loves and we've seen enough of the other side to know that they're complete arseholes.
So, we've got Jacko who seems like a real sweetie on social media but with a bad reputation, and DCE who has worked very hard at his shiny image but just seems to rub people in footy teams (I include QLD) up the wrong way.
We're outsiders and have no way of knowing the origin of a dispute between two blokes.

And frankly, I couldn't care less who's at fault but I'm just pissed off that it messes with my entertainment!

Chez doesn't have the temperament to bully anyone, let alone a junior player.:shake:

More likely that Jacko takes offence at directives from above.:wondering:

His demise at Easts was for this very thing. Maybe he needs to not play team sports and apply his skills in individual pursuits :cool:
If that is the case Hasting should be off the bench as well .
He either plays or doesn't . Nothing good comes from half cocked solutions .

Last edited:
Truth is: we don't know these people. We know the image they present in public.

I remember thinking how mean the senior players were when they shunned DCE - Georgie Rose even pushed him away on the field. And I loved the players who were openly hostile to the kid.

We've all known people in life with a stellar reputation, who everybody loves and we've seen enough of the other side to know that they're complete arseholes.
So, we've got Jacko who seems like a real sweetie on social media but with a bad reputation, and DCE who has worked very hard at his shiny image but just seems to rub people in footy teams (I include QLD) up the wrong way.
We're outsiders and have no way of knowing the origin of a dispute between two blokes.

And frankly, I couldn't care less who's at fault but I'm just pissed off that it messes with my entertainment!
Who knows what is going on , hopefully nothing .
All I know is We all work with people that we have differences . The most successful team managers and team members get on with the job and go home and sleep in their own bed . We don't have to be buddies with our colleagues , we should be professional enough to work as a team and get on with the job .

So DCE go's from being bullied to being a bully Barrett should be sacked it's obvious he is out of his depth. Last season was Willie Peters who was bullied (and eventually blew his lid) this season Hastings seems to be the guy and it appears he has had enough. The club is as toxic as ever.

Absolutely ridiculous if true.
Surely these 2 blokes can at least pretend to be civil with each other whilst they are "at work".
I don't care if they hate each other, get your sht together and start winning games of footy.
Well said feathered friend , If you and I can do it then so can they ;)

Bit hypocritical by dce if you ask me. Should be puttinfthe team first like choc Stewart etc did when they were playing with dce. Sounds like dce isn't a very likeable fella. Granted hastings has a history too. Surely baz can kiss and make up with both for the sake of the footy side. Ridiculous. Overpaid egotistical idiots sometimes. We all have plenty of people we don't like at work yet we just get on with it.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10