Barrett's hiding

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So we have players being criticised for staying hydrated before playing and the coach being criticised for when players are not showing urgency to dive on loose balls

At least we have another 6 months of this drivel before the season startes again

The bottom line is you train as you play. There were dropped balls as well as the stop in warm up for the drinks break.

Not acceptable in a dead rubber or a "real game".

It's not the Manly i'm used to. Maybe I have to get used to it.

I remember Watmough and Glenn Stewart were always lauded on how they said you train as you play.

Just doesn't seem to happen now and we look like we're fine with that! :(

The bottom line is you train as you play. There were dropped balls as well as the stop in warm up for the drinks break.

I remember Watmough and Glenn Stewart were always lauded on how they said you train as you play.

Said all season (and I'm not including injury in this), but our team looks extremely unfit, unmotivated and lethargic. Lewis Brown for example (who HAS been able to be selected) has never looked this poor at any other club. Nate Myles looks like he'd struggle to run 15 metres in one hit. Would be gold to see him make a line-break.

Maybe it's just lucky that Dan Ferriss regime has us looking, and placing just as his Titans were, and now that he has gone, they are looking, and being called much more healthy & challenging for the finals.

Said all season (and I'm not including injury in this), but our team looks extremely unfit, unmotivated and lethargic. Lewis Brown for example (who HAS been able to be selected) has never looked this poor at any other club. Nate Myles looks like he'd struggle to run 15 metres in one hit. Would be gold to see him make a line-break.

Maybe it's just lucky that Dan Ferriss regime has us looking, and placing just as his Titans were, and now that he has gone, they are looking, and being called much more healthy & challenging for the finals.

I can cop the transition period and the fact players need time together but you have to WANT to do the little things that make a difference.

I like Barrett and am willing to give him a go but I really doubt he has what it takes. The players rarely seem tuned it from what I could see this year, even allowing for the injuries.

2017 will be the testing material for him and our club i'd say.

And what that has to do with players having a drink? No issues with the questions about the team attitude but to associate that with a drinks break is just plain silly

Was talking to my sis today. Parra fan.
Family half them d*ckheads, half Manly and dessy ripping the door off came up.
Both agreed win or lose show the passion, the anger, the emotion.....
ANYTHING !!!!!!

And what that has to do with players having a drink? No issues with the questions about the team attitude but to associate that with a drinks break is just plain silly

I've watched the team warm up plenty of times over the years without stopping for a drink after 10 minutes. Why the hell would they need a drink then? It goes down to mindset in my opinion. I've never seen it happen before and they looked lazy during the warm up. Dropped balls and plenty of walking. Even their drills took 1 minute instead of the usual 2-3 minutes. This showed in their defence and attitude during the game.

If this is the new norm, heaven help us!

I've watched the team warm up plenty of times over the years without stopping for a drink after 10 minutes. Why the hell would they need a drink then? It goes down to mindset in my opinion. I've never seen it happen before and they looked lazy during the warm up. Dropped balls and plenty of walking. Even their drills took 1 minute instead of the usual 2-3 minutes. This showed in their defence and attitude during the game.

That's sad. Should be ready to rock.

Because there is a need to get hydrated before a game as it is next to impossible to replenish fluids during a game

Again no question over the attitude/ dropped ball stuff but having a go at the water is just silly

Because there is a need to get hydrated before a game as it is next to impossible to replenish fluids during a game

Again no question over the attitude/ dropped ball stuff but having a go at the water is just silly

I've never seen our teams do this in the past or any other side I've watched. I can see the need for hydration but surely that would be taken care of before the warm up.

I'd cop that if it was a quick drink by a few players during the warm up but they all stood around having a drink and wondering to the next drill.

Purely an attitude thing that showed in the game.

I've never seen our teams do this in the past or any other side I've watched. I can see the need for hydration but surely that would be taken care of before the warm up.

I'd cop that if it was a quick drink by a few players during the warm up but they all stood around having a drink and wondering to the next drill.

Purely an attitude thing that showed in the game.
Do you see the amount of water that is in the dressing room ? Or the fact that players stop for water numerous times in an ad hoc fashion through out the warm up ?

Or the fact that "no one does it" is not a legitimate reason. I am going tn agree to disagree on this

Do you see the amount of water that is in the dressing room ? Or the fact that players stop for water numerous times in an ad hoc fashion through out the warm up ?

Or the fact that "no one does it" is not a legitimate reason. I am going tn agree to disagree on this

Agree to disagree.

It's something I haven't seen happen before. Not to that extent anyway.

Unlike many I'm enjoying the Barrett threads, keep them coming :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4