Barrett's 10K fine

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So will Greenturd explain to us, how the referee's integrity was questioned by TB??? TB complained and justifiably so about the bunker and the breach of rules that they set about there being conclusive evidence to overturn an on-field decision in relation to Dylan Walkers no try. They broke their own rules and the so-called leader of the game tells people who mention this to grow up. Well, I hope that Manly pay the NRL in 5 cent pieces as this sanction is a farce and highlights the denial that the Greenturd NRL are and that future games will remain a lottery whole the process is flawed in relation to how the bunker is used.

The NRL today confirmed the fines imposed on the Cronulla Sutherland Sharks and the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles for comments about referees following their Finals Series matches.

The original fines ($30,000 for the Sharks and $20,000 for the Sea Eagles) will stand.

Head of Football Brian Canavan said both clubs submitted responses to the breach notices which were considered.

“However, given the seriousness of the breaches – and the need for the integrity of the game to be maintained – it was decided that the penalties should stand,” Mr Canavan said.

Seriously what a joke, the fact that Trent was fined in first place makes one question the integrity of the game.

Responses to the breach notices were considered yeah sure they were. Most probably sat on someone's desk whilst they took a week off on full pay. When they returned and without even reading it they drew a line through it and stamped it with NO

It just confirms how totally out of touch the NRL led by Greenberg really is, as far as I’m concerned there’s only one thing to consider

#SACKGREENSLIMENOW
The line in the sand is drawn. If there is the slightest bit of criticism about the bunker or the process of how decisions are made it is now an automatic fine of 20K regardless if the perpetrator is correct!!! Shocking and hypocritical leadership and I dearly hope that the grand final is marred by a bunker call that affects the result!!

You might be interested to know that (according to yesterday's SMH), the broadcasters are swinging back behind the suburban grounds.

Todd will either have to adapt or move on to something more befitting his talents, like running the Harrington Bowls Club.

I know Trent is above this but this is how I think he should answer the questions at the next presser......

Journo: How did you think the team went today?
Trent: Fine
Journo: XYZ came off early in the second half, how will he be for next week?
Trent: Fine
Journo: How do think the refs went today?
Trent: Fine!

Last edited:
I'm surprised Todd didn't save the announcement for the podium after the grand final, just before the Churchill medal is awarded. Better still he could have got mrs churchill to announce that the fines will stand.

More to the point, I wonder how Canberg and Greenavan would have reacted when they were club CEOs, if (and no doubt when) their respective 1st grade coaches publicly reacted to appalling refereeing decisions?

The NRL needs Manly and Cronulla. The NRL does not need fools like Greenberg. The only way I would be paying the fine is if Greenberg removed himself from office.

The NRL needs Manly and Cronulla. The NRL does not need fools like Greenberg. The only way I would be paying the fine is if Greenberg removed himself from office.
The clubs should all offer to pay double the fines provided the NRL remove that prick.

The NRL today confirmed the fines imposed on the Cronulla Sutherland Sharks and the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles for comments about referees following their Finals Series matches.

The original fines ($30,000 for the Sharks and $20,000 for the Sea Eagles) will stand.

Head of Football Brian Canavan said both clubs submitted responses to the breach notices which were considered.

“However, given the seriousness of the breaches – and the need for the integrity of the game to be maintained – it was decided that the penalties should stand,” Mr Canavan said.

Seriously what a joke, the fact that Trent was fined in first place makes one question the integrity of the game.
Not a surprise.

The NRL have managed to squander so much money this year that they had to borrow $30m to tide them over until the next broadcast payment next year.

So the fines have increased to help pay the millions of interest they will owe.

Great "management" from the people running our gane.

they need the money, because they're make it the gate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8