Barrett speaks out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

OneEyedEagle

Bencher
The mind boggles - ‘dirt file’

Here we go.

I'm sure slimeberg is looking for an angle on how he can dock us 12 competition points for next year

HappilyManly

Journey Man
“I think it would be very unfair, very un-Manly, very un-rugby league to sack a guy for telling his story.

Fifi was :100:% on the money about Buzz

giphy.gif

Barrett is a tool but the club management haven't handled the situation admirably with this tit for tat bullshiet.. It's not good for the club which ever side of the fence you sit on. They are both guilty of bringing the club into disrepute and should be dismissed effective immediately.

StuBoot

Bencher

“(Barrett’s manager) Wayne Beavis came to this interview and the legal file he was carrying with all the documents that have been exchanged...you would have nearly needed a forklift to bring it into the room.

Exaggeration much?
I've got years worth of files and they still would fit in an archive box.
Beavis must be a bloody strong bloke if he could carry the legal file that Buzz so eloquently described.

How much else has he embellished in his creative ruminations?

The Who

Journey Man
What a classy club we support, eh?.
I'm now embarrassed to wear any Sea Eagles gear. I've got to spend money on a new wardrobe.
I'm considering suing the Penns for being my clothing into disrepute.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Complete opposite of our douchebag

100%. Unfortunately, the teams poor performance is being blamed, by the coach, on everything BUT the coach who is not taking responsibility for the fact that he has played the biggest part in out fall down to almost the very bottom of the ladder.

Its just excuse after excuse after excuse from Barrett lately. And not once has he come out and said that as coach he needs to take responsibility, any responsibility.

Peter C

Bencher
Max is most definitely not the only salvation. I have never said that.
People are willing to invest money which keeps getting rejected.

Max is hurting just like everyone else is and he knows it’s no easy fix.

But sometimes people need to accept help and say they aren’t doing ok!

While millions have been put in the club, millions have also been taken out with the sales of the leagues club. Any passionate person would have injected a few million of that sale back into the club and still profit.
Let's get something straight here, because I'm sick of all of this " profit from the Leagues Club" talk.
First of all the Penns did NOT inherit the Leagues Club when they took over the Sea Eagles, they purchased it with their own money, the Leagues Club was desperate for a buyer, in desperate times, no one forced them to sell, if they didn't sell to the Penns, there would have been a strong possibility that the Bank would have sold it under them, and for probably less than what the Penns paid.
Because they made a substantial profit from the sale, people are saying that the Penns shouldn't complain about losing two million a year over the past ten years, as they made a substantial profit from the Leagues Club sale, perhaps so, but what if they didn't make a profit, and what happens to those annual losses over the next 5-10 years?, there won't be another Leagues Club sale to cover those losses.

Mrs D

Reserve Grader
Let's get something straight here, because I'm sick of all of this " profit from the Leagues Club" talk.
First of all the Penns did NOT inherit the Leagues Club when they took over the Sea Eagles, they purchased it with their own money, the Leagues Club was desperate for a buyer, in desperate times, no one forced them to sell, if they didn't sell to the Penns, there would have been a strong possibility that the Bank would have sold it under them, and for probably less than what the Penns paid.
Because they made a substantial profit from the sale, people are saying that the Penns shouldn't complain about losing two million a year over the past ten years, as they made a substantial profit from the Leagues Club sale, perhaps so, but what if they didn't make a profit, and what happens to those annual losses over the next 5-10 years?, there won't be another Leagues Club sale to cover those losses.
I believe your facts and figures to be completely incorrect.

But we both have differing opinions on this and it’s a good debate.

Bencher
So, Cartwright gets a 2 year extension on Barretts recommendation.

Barrett then says he is out, and want $$$ for the balance of his contract.

Penn says, we give you jack ****, either you walk, or stay here and earn it.

Barrett says, I have a truckload of doc's to bribe you to pay up.

Penn says, you can get stuffed, you are still under contract.

Who will coach us? Cartwright. Who is assistant? Barrett.

And these are the days of our lives.... FML

Jerry1

First Grader
Load of bollocks mate.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
“(Barrett’s manager) Wayne Beavis came to this interview and the legal file he was carrying with all the documents that have been exchanged...you would have nearly needed a forklift to bring it into the room.

Question 1 - Why on earth was Wayne Beavis carrying around a legal file to the interview if the print was getting vetted by the lawyer anyway?

Question 2 - Haven’t they heard of electronic files?

These guys are bafoons. No wonder Rothfield laps it up.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Question 1 - Why on earth was Wayne Beavis carrying around a legal file to the interview if the print was getting vetted by the lawyer anyway?

Think of all the trees that were wasted on printer paper rather than demountable furniture for Baz :rofl:

Shoe1

Journey Man

Senator joe mccarthy’s briefcase.

“In this briefcase I have the names of communists.”

Can we see them?

“No. But trust me. COMMUNISTS are bad.”

Ryan

Journey Man
Gorman needs to immediately:

1. Sack Barrett immediately (but agree on a payout). Barrett will ride into the sunset happily.

2. Appoint a new coach and assistant immediately.

3. Make some of those damned appointments he's been talking about. Immediately. He's had enough damned time.

Then, at seasons finale, announce the new signing / dates for Centre of Excellence.

This fiasco is forgotten within 7 days.

It's not that hard.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14