Bani 5/8 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Bani making an impact at Sea Eagles
Andrew Bryan
NRL
http://nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=50480
Winger Michael Bani might just be the answer to the Sea Eagles five-eighth riddle, but the talented Queenslander isn’t planning on rushing into the position.

Bani has been one of the most involved players in the NRL this season, making 60 runs in four games to rank 15th overall in runs made.

His eagerness to get his hands on the ball demonstrates his desire to be constantly involved in the game, but Bani is happy to keep developing his game on the wing – for now.

“Its something I love doing,” he said.

“You get the ball more when you get into dummy-half, but at this stage I prefer to stick on the wing, because the game is really quick and I’m still learning.

“Maybe in two years time, I’d like to play at fullback or five-eighth if I am good enough, but at the moment I am happy on the wing.”

Bani burst into the NRL spotlight late last year with an impressive performance against the Cowboys in the Preliminary final and experiencing the big match atmosphere has him harbouring ambitions of representing Queensland in State of Origin.

“It is a pretty big thing for me just to be picked in the starting team every week,” he said.

“It is a dream to make the NRL, so I really try to be consistent and keep improving every week, but it is also every boy’s dream who makes the NRL to play in Origin.

“I would really love to have a crack at playing for Queensland because it would mean a lot not only to me but to my family as well, being passionate Rugby League supporters, we really love the game and it means a lot to us.”

Bani will have a chance to test himself against the heart of Queensland’s attack on Friday night when he comes up against the Storm’s Cameron Smith, Greg Inglis, Billy Slater, Cooper Cronk and Michael Crocker at Olympic Park in the Grand Final rematch.

“It’s going to be another tough game,” he said.

“I’m excited about it because it should be a really good challenge for us.

“This year is a whole different ball game, the Roosters proved that the Storm can be beaten, so hopefully we can concentrate on what we need to do and we can come away with a good result.”

yeah and if we dont re sign him it will be for someone else.

But yes he is a keeper.

Yeah, He is a champion.

Who would be QLD's best wing options this year?? I guess slater if they go with Karmichael.

Who else??

Depends on who is in the centres. Hodges has one spot, but the other three centre/wing positions would have to go to Folau/Inglis/Tate I would have thought.

Or if Slater keeps his form up you could put up a case for Hunt to move to the wing as well (maybe have Inglis/Hunt on the wings, Folau in the centres and Tate in New Zealand....)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6