1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ballin and his mate Locky

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Fluffy, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Worst half of footy he has ever played, no wonder Des was forced to hook him and put Seu Seu on instead of hiving Seu Seu a run at 5/8 which could have been the difference we needed (2nd option).

Foor Form Matt, you should be ashamed.

• Dummy Spit Dummy Spit x 1
  2. codewana

codewana Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    Don't know about that mate. Ballin's good to bad game ratio is pretty damn high.

3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,092 / 285
    Mate, it wasn't that bad, was it??? I thought the penalty against him was pretty harsh (and AGAIN, we got Cechinned in the penalty department). He was pretty solid, especially defensively.

4. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    I thought Ballin was overplaying it (probably trying to take more responsibility on cause of Foran missing). Trying too hard is all.

5. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +547 / 9
    I wouldn't accuse matty of that but he did some very un-matty like things.

I hope he was hooked & not injured. We need him at his best from now on.

6. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    He was pretty bad in the 1st half, probably the day we really needed him to step up as well

But he is usually pretty solid for us. I am encouraged to see a touch of a running game from him the past few weeks

7. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    just trying extra with keiran and glenn out! Did show he ain't a Cam Smith but still Matt does a great job.

8. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Nah, the finals are the days we really need him to step up. This game doesn't matter.

9. captainskin

captainskin Active Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0
    C'mon, lads: Seu Seu was on the bench for a reason, to give Ballin a rest, whether Ballin played bad or not... this is my opinion, of course.

10. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    I thought he was rested as each week he tops tackle count. Seus was the macho one, kicking the ball away was crazy

11. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    ballin does so much defence that has got us to top 2! He has keiran, glenn, dce doing the attack so he just picks his times.

12. silvertail

silvertail Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 6
    Ballin was superb and was always going to get an early mark as a reward for a stellar year. He is fast enough out of dummy half and his defence is superb.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    Agreed 'skin. Apart from one badly misdirected pass (threw to no-one on the right, should have gone left), Ballin was solid.

14. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    They never penalise for kicking the ball away (and for a scrum). Crap crowd pleasing reffing.

15. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4
    Des was just giving him a rest before the finals. With Seu Seu on the bench to step in at 5/8 if needed was the perfect chance.

Well deserved rest IMO.

16. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    some blind people out there today, first half of passes to no one, penalty, losing the momentum by trying to milk a penalty on the last and thats superb?

fmd!

17. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    Totally agree fluffy it wasn't one of his better games although wasn't from lack of effort. He has had great year though.

18. QldEagle01

QldEagle01 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    you seem to be a little hypocrytical in you support of some queenslanders and hate for others........

19. Spuds Bodyguard

Spuds Bodyguard Active Member

Taree, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    Pull your head in Fluffy. Ballin has been an absolute rock over the past 2 years, and by far one of our most consistent. A few mistakes and you want to a accuse him on laying down to make Locky look good.

Poor form Fluffy, you should be ashamed.

20. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Are you ****en serious? Forced to hook him? Why would Des Carry a second hooker on the bench if he didn't intend to play him?