1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awesome AC/DC ready to rock again

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by eagle_predator, Sep 3, 2008.

1. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24200866-29277,00.html

http://au.myspace.com/acdc

New single Rock 'N Roll Train

Awesome  news AC/DC are back after eight long years.

August 18, 2008 06:16pm

[img=200x107]http://i35.tinypic.com/2agonif.jpg[/img]

AUSSIE rock heavyweights AC/DC will release their long-awaited new album Black Ice in October.

It will be the band's first full-length studio album of new material in eight years.

Black Ice contains 15 new tracks by the band famous for hits like It's a Long Way to the Top and Thunderstruck.

There are many blockbuster releases due in the next few months including new records from Metallica, U2, Kings of Leon, Miley Cyrus, New Kids on the Block, Snow Patrol, The Killers and Dido.

The first single off the new AC/DC album, Rock 'n' Roll Train, will hit radio airwaves on August 28.

Black Ice, which was produced by Brendan O'Brien at the Warehouse Studio in Vancouver, Canada, is AC/DC's first album since Stiff Upper Lip in 2000.

It will be released on October 18, before the group embarks on a world tour at the end of October.

Formed in Sydney in 1973 by brothers Angus and Malcolm Young, AC/DC is considered a pioneer of hard rock and heavy metal.

The group has sold more than 150 million albums worldwide.

2. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Is Bon Scott singing???

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Saw them again last time they were in Sydney at the entertainment centre and the lead singer was crap.  he sceamed all night long and you couldn't understand a word.

Much preferred the band when they sang at our school dance with Bon Scott as lead singer.

4. eagle_predator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wish but that's hard as he's dead

5. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    must be hard playing the guitar like Angus Young use to with Arthritis.

6. eagle_predator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    tookey what year was that ?

7. eagle_predator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dan I'm a big AC/DC fan got all their songs etc well not their bootleg stuff, I didn't know that Angus had Arthritis wow

8. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    I don't know if he has, it was just a wise crack at his age mate!

Dan I'm a big AC/DC fan got all their songs etc well not their bootleg stuff, I didn't know that Angus had Arthritis wow
    [/quote]

9. eagle_predator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I don't know if he has, it was just a wise crack at his age mate!

[/quote]
    [/quote]

Fair enough mate lol well he's still playing good.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    tookey what year was that ?
    [/quote]

Don't remember the exact year but it would have been in the seventies when I was at high school.  They did a lot of school dances when they first started out before they became big names. 

11. Canteen Worker

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I knew that Bon was dead, which is my point. Not so good since he passed away in the very early 80s if I remember correctly.

Tookey like you I went to a couple of balls in the late 70s where ironically there was one leader singer with many many tatts and another with a bald, tall and funky guy. We hated both for dancing. Later they turned up as Rose Tattoo and Midnight Oil.

12. eagle_predator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    C W that's cool mate, sorry if it sounded like I was having a crack at you.  Bon Scott was awesome he had a great voice for singing in a hard Rock/blues band that's for sure, as for Brian Johnson he's not that bad but will never be as good as Bon Scott.

I would have liked to have seen Stevie Wright get the Gig who was almost Scotts replacement at one point. Wright sounds like Scott alot it's a shame as he would of been great for and in AC/DC but at the time he was going through some problems and he was on hard times.

13. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Was too young for Bon Scott, have heard his songs obviously but I grew up with Brian Johnson so I like him as pretty much what I know.  Saw them back in 1999 or 2000, they put on a good show.

14. eagle_predator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Garts yeah they know how to put on a great show.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No doubt we both also went to the Manly Vale hotel years ago and saw the oils. INXS, chisel etc before they became well known artists. 

Rob Hirst was in my brothers year at our school and I am sure that the Farm played at one of our high school dances in the seventies.  We didn't take any notice of them at the time but the Farm is what midnight oil was known as before Garrett joined the band and they became Midnight oil.

Also went and saw Billy thorpe at the old Mosman hotel in the seventies when the cops raided the place and Thorpie was encouraging everyone to get stuck into the cops.   

16. Canteen Worker

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Those were the days. I was a country boy so didn't have the same access to the MV hotel etc though.

17. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    There is a huge line-up on Fox Max channel on 18 October for Accadacca fans. Starts off at 12 noon with 1 1/2 hrs of the Best of AC/DC live performances, then 1 1/2 hrs of all their music videos in chronological order back-to-back (or should that be back in black?) and then topped off with a recording of the boys including Bon at the London Hippodrome Theatre in '77.

18. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I'm told the new Metallica album is their best outing in two decades?

19. CliffyIsGod

CliffyIsGod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Still makes it ****e.

20. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 5
    Anyone that knows/has heard of "Rock Band" might be interested in this: If you haven't, you will be interested but you need to know Rock band is like Guitar Hero but with Guitar, Mic and drums and you play as a band:

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86939