Aussies in south Africa

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Go Job the Aussies tonight. Unchanged side I believe for Round 2. Bring it on

Very different pitch this match and the next session will mean a lot in terms of the game, Aussies could easily wrap it up for under 300 and jsut as easily SA could be set for 400+

Pretty placid pitch, little bit of swing very early but not much after that. Couple of late wickets probably gave us a points victory for the day

Looks like it'll be a good pitch to bat on over the next couple of days, if we can get AB early tonight and keep them under 300 then we can get a decent first innings lead I think.

Totally green pitch 2 days out, then sud afrikka get together with the curator, pick some spinners and bake the pitch.

Pity, I always liked the tough attitude of the saffies, but the 'now legal' doctoring has been used as they're scared of aust once again.

But hey, it worked, saffies in a commanding position in the second test.

At least in aust (and prob NZ, I dunno) everyone knows what the pitch is going to do. Perth = pace, sydney = spin etc.

GE they dropped their spinner from the 1st test and picked another pace bowler so I don't think they can be accused of doctoring pitches to suit their team selections. I think they were trying to lessen the impact of johnson and it may have worked. Although Morkel got a bit out of the deck with his height.

Having said that our batting wasn't really up to scratch on a pretty good deck. South Africa should easily get a 450+ lead which will make it very difficult for us from here. The best we can hope for is some rain and play for a draw.

either way....my correct way or c and c's magic mushroom funny smoke way ( :p ) we gots a thumping!

Make for a very exciting third game (assuming pitch isn't doctored again!!!)

take that internet!

At 1-150 I thought we were home given the high chance of rain today. What a capitulation losing 9 for 70 odd. Even more impressive being a bowler down and a part time spinner only. I don't think we will recover from this. If they are smart they will produce another low slow deck to mitigate Johnson and rely on Morkels bounce and Steyn and Philanders movement.

Some poor batting in this test by us. I suspect the useless Poms made us look a bit better than we really are. Need to man up in the 3rd test. Marsh is rocks or diamonds. 15 innings for 10 scores under 20 including 6 ducks, and then 148, 141, 81, 44, and 44.

It was a great start by the openers but the other 9 batsman scored 22 combined, even the Kiwis would be a chance when batting that poorly.

A good result for the series and probably prooves that we still need some improvement but we are not too far off.

Saw some highlights on the news tonight. Dale Steyn is awesome, probably my fave bowler in the world to watch

The ball he got Smith with was a cracker and the one to Haddin was near on perfect, don't know how you could play that

He is certainly the best fast bowler since McGrath with year on year consistency. Will be up there as one of the best of all time and depending on his body holding up 500+ wickets is easily on the cards

Chip and Chase said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Has anyone ever seen him smile? Awesome fast bowler though.

I think he genuinely hates batsmen.

I saw him laugh in an interview last year, when asked the question about how it felt bowling to Jeetan Patel who was almost standing beside the square leg umpire when the ball was bowled haha

The Proteas travelled to Cape Town yesterday, shortly after Warner queried whether South Africa were acting within the limits with scuffing of the ball in their second Test victory, which was secured with devastating reverse swing bowling.

“We were actually questioning whether or not (South African wicketkeeper) AB de Villiers would get the ball in his hand and with his glove wipe the rough side every ball,’’ Warner told Sky Sports Radio.

We are in massive trouble. Just saw vision of Warnie giving advice to Watson.. Batting advice. :s

Lehman is our secret weapon. The South Africans are so stern and severe, but Lehman might have the ability to lift the team's mood so they don't dwell on the 2nd test thrashing? Our team is pretty good and is on the rise, it reminds me of when we were getting closer and closer to the champion West Indies team years ago. Possibly not quite there yet though!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8