1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asotasi rumour

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by eagles2win, Jun 15, 2012.

1. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    You know it would be piss funny if we pick him up on the cheap and do what we did to Nood and the Rig got them to there former glory or made them first graders.

Souths fans would be filthy (they already are but thats beside the point).

I seem to remember people on this site spewing we got Nood as well labelling him to old.

• Like Like x 4
  2. SeaEagle007

SeaEagle007 Well-Known Member

Eagle Vale, Campbelltown
    Ratings:
    +247 / 14
    I still think on his day he is as good as any in the Prop position. However he is a bit like T-REX on the amount of games he plays, plus he is at the end of his career.

Unless a magic transformation happens under the guidance of Manly

Look at Joe now he is still killing it

3. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    There's no reason he can't be quality for us. He's beeen there and done it plenty of times. Maybe he just needs resurrection? Joe G is a prime example of what can be done with a sea change and so is Jason Ryles.[hr]
    Ritchie Fa'aoso anyone?

4. Stiffi

Stiffi Active Member 2016 Tipping Competitor 2015 Tipping Competitor

I really like Ritchie Fa'aoso, he would be good & cheap signing

• Like Like x 1
  5. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,803 / 53
    Back in the day he was an absolute machine. If you could turn him into half the player he was he would be a gun. I'm not sure if that is achievable though.

6. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    He'd want to come cheap. Isn't this forum full of chatterers telling us that our pack is old and getting past its prime? 'Kite to England, King to retire to a law firm and Joe to go to bible classes'. Why get rid of Kite to get Roy? That doesn't make much sense. Plough money into our youngsters.

7. Top End Eagle

Top End Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942 / 40
    With Lussick and TRex now headed elsewhere our pack is looking a bit bland for next season.

I don't think we will manage a threepeat.

Wouldn't mind King or Kite moving on if they can get a two year deal in the UK, and if Ballin leaves and Buhrer/Higgins/Fulton to take his place we would have some money for a couple of decent props.

The problem is we would need to identify those players in their mid to late twenties that could blossom with some good coaching at a successful club rather than those who already have a name for themselves.

I am not sure that Tasi would be commanding that much money, I think we are a privileged few who actually realise the potentioal this bloke has.

Shackleton might be a good signing on the cheap with a point to prove, and Roy at 200k would be worth the risk (assuming Souths would top up the rest of what he is owed on their contract.

Souths have been trying to milk Asotasi for all he was worth/paid whereas I think as an interchange forward limited to forty minutes he would be a handy acquisition.

8. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    Make no sense at all.

And I aint bagging old guys, learned my lesson when we picked up Ben Kennedy.

9. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    How is t - rex injury prone?

Take away this year and it has been pretty solid

Joined in 2009 and played for the Sunshine Coast almost the whole year, 16 tries in 2010 and missed 5 games last year in total

10. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,243 / 131
    Our rehab boys are the best in the business and maybe we can do a BK and get him fully fit for a couple of years?

Personally I would prefer to sign Fui Fui for a couple of years as he has yet to re-sign with the slime

11. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    . . . and Joe. I was certainly wrong with him, and while I think Roy is way past his best, Joe (and to a lesser extent Ben), showed that Manly mentoring can teach old dogs new tricks.
    If he is good value and our recruitment team think he still has the drive then I'd back them to be right.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 37
    I really like Asotasi, shame about all his injuries

That said, i dunno if he is who we should be after. Could turn out great on the cheap or could turn out to be a shocker

13. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I wouldn't mind us picking up someone like Brenton Lawrence from the Titans. I like the way he plays and definitely more value than his other off contract team mate who seems to have picked up interest at other clubs in Matt White.

14. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    I'd rather take tony puletua or a more experienced big man from uk. maybe joe g can influence the big fella back to oz for a year or two.

15. ERNIE FOR NO7

ERNIE FOR NO7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 1
    Tough as nails - gives 100%. I'm with you I'd definitley onsider him

16. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Did anyone see Lawrences game today? I think he'd be great for us.

17. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    There is a report that Shackleton is being courted by Penrith. Of course, only about 10% of these 'signing' stories turns out to be accurate.

18. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Asotasi hasn't had a good season since 2004!!

He is a hack

Lama Tasi would be better buying

19. EagleRock40

EagleRock40 Well-Known Member

Ourimbah, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +211 / 4
    No thanks to Asotasi, we dont need another pensioner front rower. Bring back Lama Tasi or Brenton Lawrence from the Titans.

20. bennyeagle

bennyeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 8
    Forwards off contract list ?