1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ashley Taylor and possble team next year ...

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Beaver boy, May 9, 2015.

1. Beaver boy

Beaver boy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +366 / 71
    I've seen some commentary about the junior Kangaroos half, and watched him star last week against the Kiwis. Hes got great speed and a good footy brain.

He apparently has had three shoulder reconstructions.

Might be worth a punt. With Hunt and Milford on fire at the Broncos, it's very unlikely he'll stay at the Broncos.

Possible team next year;

1. Snake
    2. Tafua
    3. Matai
    4. Hiku
    5. Trbovejic
    6. Lyon
    7.Taylor
    8. Myles
    9.Ballin
    10.Trbojevic
    11. Lussick
    12. Buhrer
    13. Mateo

14. Symonds
    15. Starling
    16. Lawrence
    17. Sao/Lui

With some serious $$$$$ left in the cap.

2. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 47
    I think if we sign Myles and Lussick, DCE will stay and Taylor to play 5/8 moving Lyon back into the centre Hiku to wing and turbo drops out. Turbo will be used for injury cover.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Menzies11

Menzies11 Well-Known Member

Mackay
    Ratings:
    +322 / 7
    Have we got enough money to sign the other 3 if DCE stays? Supposed $1.2 million for DCE, $500+ for Myles, have to be around $300-350 for Lussick and probably the same for Taylor. I would assume we have also spent a bit upgrading the contacts of our youngsters aswell.

4. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,904 / 27
    I think there's a small incremental rise in the cap each year but this may already be budgeted for. All 3 plus the retention of DCE would put a smile on my face...but I realise that may not be realistic.

5. Menzies11

Menzies11 Well-Known Member

Mackay
    Ratings:
    +322 / 7
    I think it would be great if it was to happen, would be a very competitive side with a good mix of youth and experience.

• Like Like x 1
  6. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,561 / 59
    Stewart. Trobojovic. Hiku. Matia. Tafua. Lyon. DCE. Trobojovic. Ballin. Myles. Lussick. Mateo. Buhrer. Res. Starling. Hodges. Lui. Symonds. I don't think we will get Taylor and Lyon to 5/8 for his final year . Carney is apparently on tooves radar and as the great player he is I think they should wait on that one because he could cause us some damage off field .Imo. Cheers .

7. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,561 / 59
    Gutherson 5/8 maybe.

8. Andrew..

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,904 / 27
    I wish 5/8 was his natural position as it would kill two birds with one stone..maybe the club are exploring all options but Tooves did say he didn't want two rookie halves.
    Interesting times ahead !

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 257
    I watched Taylor play last night V the Panfers under 20's , only downside I can see is he's pretty small and defensively not great , he tended to drift out to the centres a bit when they were defending.

Mind you I'm not sure Under 20's defend at all, the end score was 40-28 to the Panfers.

He'd be a reasonable pick up, not as good as Elgey, but I think could develop well.

10. rifraff

rifraff Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +682 / 19
    The bloody cast of home and away is a possible team for next year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 257
    I should also add he seemed to be a good organiser, he was barking orders at his team all night.

Sadly with the the shortage of halves we are probably going to have to pay overs for him if we go down that track.

Interestingly he's still contracted to the Donkeys for 2016, they would have to agree to a release ( which they are saying up here will be possible as he's well behind Hunt/Milford), anyway just another option in the melting pot I guess.

12. rifraff

rifraff Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +682 / 19
    As other people have said, after the deadline is when we will announce our signings. Tom T, Jake T and Clinton G did not sign their contracts at the same time, we need to be patient.

13. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,532 / 32
    STONE THE FLAMIN'CROWS!
    latest.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Simonmyers11

Simonmyers11 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,033 / 97

I was thinking the same. Looks small to be thrown straight into first grade next year. Would be offset with a couple of good defensive forwards and playing along side DCE who defensively is just about the best in that position.

15. Simonmyers11

Ratings:
    +2,033 / 97
    Elgey would of been a better signing

16. Mark from Brisbane

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 257
    Very much so, but this kid isn't bad either, both I think will develop into top flight Halves within a year or two , pretty sure Joey knows who is good and bad and he has given Taylor a big wrap.

17. Simonmyers11

Ratings:
    +2,033 / 97
    If they can't manage to convince DCE to backflip pretty sure they will go after carney as an experienced half with good kicking game then sign a young half from either taylor, cornish, hastings etc

18. MightyEagles

MightyEagles Active Member

Ratings:
    +319 / 8
    I dare say Joey would but if you believe all you read, nobody is talking to him

19. Simonmyers11

Ratings:
    +2,033 / 97
    I would still be very happy to have him on board next year next to dce or carney and a couple of extra forwards. Has plenty of good footy traits about him.

20. Andrew..

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,904 / 27
    Elgey looked a little reluctant (defensively) in his first few grade games this year. I can only guess it;s a confidence thing...I loved Taylor's speed to make that cover tackle in the junior Kangaroos game last week..He may be of slight build but he still managed to bundle that Kiwi player in to touch. He's also over 6 foot so he should be pretty solid when he fills out.