1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are we missing Myles?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Brooke, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Brooke

Brooke Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +664 / 9
    Is it possible we could be missing Myles more than we thought we would?
    With last nights effort so poor and some really soft tries scored it had me wondering. How much are we missing his experience in defence?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    I thi k his attack is horrible but his defence was great IMO he has copped a bit too much

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Nordburg

Nordburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +868 / 47
    No

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. ManlyArmy

ManlyArmy Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +939 / 23
    We're missing coaching lessons on how to tackle!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Harvies elbow

Harvies elbow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,702 / 20
    Probably. But we miss John O'Neill more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. TerryRandall

TerryRandall Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,076 / 38
    I miss the 2011 grand final side. How blessed we were - so many great players in their prime - snake, gift, Lyon, foz, DCE, watmough, matai, wolf man, Ballin, - and the rest. A special era. We were spoiled, which makes the current situation harder to handle, but I'm confident we will rise again built around the turbos, walker and parcell. You need the tough times too to fully appreciate the good times - it builds character.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. mjb136

mjb136 MWSE fanatic Premium Member

sydney
    Ratings:
    +1,462 / 32
    I am not missing Myles.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Harvies elbow

Ratings:
    +1,702 / 20
    Spoiled is right Terry. Once in a decade side in modern rugby league. Personally I just don't get the sacking of Tooves, yes it was political, but still a poor decision for an owner to make. Be that as it may the decision to appoint the coaching staff we have is all the more bewildering.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. TerryRandall

Ratings:
    +2,076 / 38
    I'm prepared to still give TB the benefit of the doubt. Has had quite a few distractions for a rookie coach to deal with. I don't think his two assistants are doing him any favours though. They are supposed to be the hard headed experienced ones - see little evidence of what they bring to the table. I think TB is more of a people/mentoring type coach - just needs some football nous in support. Tooves is in my top 5 all time manly favourites, but I don't think he was the long term solution. Think we were starting to stagnate under him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Ironstine Ironstine x 1
  10. Mr Manly 007

Mr Manly 007 Active Member

Ratings:
    +214 / 5
    Buhrer and the 2 halves missed 60% of the tackles missed by the team of 17 .
    More players made 100 metres plus then nearly all games played in '16.
    We didn't miss Myles .

11. Harvies elbow

Ratings:
    +1,702 / 20
    I agree to a point. For a start I didn't know Trent had TWO assistant coaches. If Cartwright is not a non event enough who is the other jub? We 'll never know what Geoff would have become, but at least he should have been given a chance to recruit some quality players. To me they bought a kid a stamp collection with Barrett. I reckon it's a strange choice, just a petulant dummy spit, to just show us all who's boss. Glad it's Penn's dough not mine. My $10 wouldn't go far.

12. damiennp90

damiennp90 Well-Known Member

Menai, NSW
    Ratings:
    +327 / 17
    Tapaw his replacement is hopeless in defence, esp in the centre.

Rushed out of the line. Doesn't have many missed tackles because he doesn't get close.

Our team is better served with myles in the forwards. And Tapaw in the back row. With Behrer and Jake.

But Green. Heaven help us.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. TerryRandall

Ratings:
    +2,076 / 38
    The other one is Seibold - the ex storm defensive guru

14. Harvies elbow

Ratings:
    +1,702 / 20
    Yeah well.... I think you and me would be defensive gurus down there with bellyache on our back. I , like you, just want the SEA EAGLES back. I don't like seeing anyone fail, but I'm too bitter about Tooves to see reason.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,776 / 58
    We've got some many injuries I'm starting to miss anyone that we have out!

• Like Like x 1
  16. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,735 / 125
    Seibold did his assistant coaching running the water last night.

Minister of Defence they hyped him up as in the pre-season......should be Missing in Defence because that is what we do a lot of right now, go missing in defence.

We actually made more metres in attack last night than the Tits did (1576-1471) and Starling with 52 was the only starting Manly forward not to run over 100 (Jake with 160 and Kapow with 153 both broke 150). But despite us actually having more runs (76-70), we only had 47% possession and when we did have it we only completed 27 of 37 sets (73%).

Offloads were about even (15-14 Tits) and we only made 12 more tackles (349-337). However, we missed 26 tackles to 16 and our kick metres without DCE were horrible, 350 to the Tits 471. Errors were just about even (9-8 Manly) and they won the penalties 10-6.

Godinet, Koroisau and Buhrer with 4 each contributed almost half of our missed tackles. Even Darcy Lussick who is prone to miss a few only missed 1 while making 28.

Did we miss Myles? Stats wise probably not. Myles makes metres and makes plenty of tackles, but he does miss more than a few tackles as well. But when you have a guy playing 30 minutes and only making 1 damn run that went 12 metres (Leary).....yeah we could have used Nate out there, even if it was off the bench

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,722 / 10
    Is Myles missing us?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Wombat64

Wombat64 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Church Point
    Ratings:
    +1,369 / 37
    Rather stagnate than go backwards as fast as we have

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    You're not supposed to refer to the injuries GE, just lack of ability, lack of heart, lack of coaching etc. Get with the program!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Yes we missed his defense in the middle.

• Agree Agree x 1