Are we missing Myles?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I miss the 2011 grand final side. How blessed we were - so many great players in their prime - snake, gift, Lyon, foz, DCE, watmough, matai, wolf man, Ballin, - and the rest. A special era. We were spoiled, which makes the current situation harder to handle, but I'm confident we will rise again built around the turbos, walker and parcell. You need the tough times too to fully appreciate the good times - it builds character.
Spoiled is right Terry. Once in a decade side in modern rugby league. Personally I just don't get the sacking of Tooves, yes it was political, but still a poor decision for an owner to make. Be that as it may the decision to appoint the coaching staff we have is all the more bewildering.

Is it possible we could be missing Myles more than we thought we would?
With last nights effort so poor and some really soft tries scored it had me wondering. How much are we missing his experience in defence?

Buhrer and the 2 halves missed 60% of the tackles missed by the team of 17 .
More players made 100 metres plus then nearly all games played in '16.
We didn't miss Myles .

I'm prepared to still give TB the benefit of the doubt. Has had quite a few distractions for a rookie coach to deal with. I don't think his two assistants are doing him any favours though. They are supposed to be the hard headed experienced ones - see little evidence of what they bring to the table. I think TB is more of a people/mentoring type coach - just needs some football nous in support. Tooves is in my top 5 all time manly favourites, but I don't think he was the long term solution. Think we were starting to stagnate under him.
I agree to a point. For a start I didn't know Trent had TWO assistant coaches. If Cartwright is not a non event enough who is the other jub? We 'll never know what Geoff would have become, but at least he should have been given a chance to recruit some quality players. To me they bought a kid a stamp collection with Barrett. I reckon it's a strange choice, just a petulant dummy spit, to just show us all who's boss. Glad it's Penn's dough not mine. My $10 wouldn't go far.

Tapaw his replacement is hopeless in defence, esp in the centre.

Rushed out of the line. Doesn't have many missed tackles because he doesn't get close.

Our team is better served with myles in the forwards. And Tapaw in the back row. With Behrer and Jake.

But Green. Heaven help us.

• 😆
Reactions: R3
Seibold did his assistant coaching running the water last night.

Minister of Defence they hyped him up as in the pre-season......should be Missing in Defence because that is what we do a lot of right now, go missing in defence.

We actually made more metres in attack last night than the Tits did (1576-1471) and Starling with 52 was the only starting Manly forward not to run over 100 (Jake with 160 and Kapow with 153 both broke 150). But despite us actually having more runs (76-70), we only had 47% possession and when we did have it we only completed 27 of 37 sets (73%).

Offloads were about even (15-14 Tits) and we only made 12 more tackles (349-337). However, we missed 26 tackles to 16 and our kick metres without DCE were horrible, 350 to the Tits 471. Errors were just about even (9-8 Manly) and they won the penalties 10-6.

Godinet, Koroisau and Buhrer with 4 each contributed almost half of our missed tackles. Even Darcy Lussick who is prone to miss a few only missed 1 while making 28.

Did we miss Myles? Stats wise probably not. Myles makes metres and makes plenty of tackles, but he does miss more than a few tackles as well. But when you have a guy playing 30 minutes and only making 1 damn run that went 12 metres (Leary).....yeah we could have used Nate out there, even if it was off the bench

I'm prepared to still give TB the benefit of the doubt. Has had quite a few distractions for a rookie coach to deal with. I don't think his two assistants are doing him any favours though. They are supposed to be the hard headed experienced ones - see little evidence of what they bring to the table. I think TB is more of a people/mentoring type coach - just needs some football nous in support. Tooves is in my top 5 all time manly favourites, but I don't think he was the long term solution. Think we were starting to stagnate under him.
Rather stagnate than go backwards as fast as we have

We definitely missed Nate in defence.
I think he has copped a bit of unfair criticism this year due to the teams poor form across the board.
Jake made 50 tackles and 150 plus metres on Monday night!
With Myles in the team he would not of had to make that many tackles and Nate would of toughened up the middle.
Two wasted bench players in Leary and Matthew wright didn't help
Either.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8