1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are the scum the real deal?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Brewski, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Brewski

Brewski Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I understand they have played almost every game at home (or so it feels like it) but they are on top of the table and have the best attack and best defence in terms of points scored and points allowed.

Are they really that good?

I really believe the next month or so for them will be where they make or break their season with a whole heaps of away games. With the draw the NRL have given them they have a lot of confidence now and can they keep that confidence going away from home?

2. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    They are really that good.......i hate to say it but its 2006-2009 all over again

They will figure in a big way at the end of season

3. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    Bellyache will get coach of the year at this rate, can see the push now about how he has rebuilt a champion team from the ashes of the salary cap scandal.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    Top 4 team. They will play a few more away games now, so may lose a few.

Very good team, especially at slowing down the ruck with apparently legal tactics. Their 1,6,7 & 9 are excellent "ball handlers"

We own them anyway. That 40-Nil tattoo on their head is permanent.

5. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,843 / 103
    They got thrashed by the Cowboys.

Manly and Illawarra have been competitive in every match.

6. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    Manly have not and will not get thrashed!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Cameron Smith is easily their most important player. You nullify him then you beat the Storm easily.

8. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Lucky to hold off a Benjiless Tigers - i doubt they are. The thing i will confess is they play to their potential every weekend but doubt they have any more in the tank to go another level come finals - others will - A fit Tigers team is a scarier proposition.

9. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Tigers hold no fear for me,I must admit after monday im a bit more thinking Parra can make it,im not sure though because last monday would have been heartbreaking,their next game is make or break

10. Brookie

Brookie Well-Known Member

Swinger Hill
    Ratings:
    +216 / 4
    useless ****s if you ask me!

11. mcatt

mcatt Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Yes they are the real deal. The origin period was always going to be tough on them, yet they are getting through it very well. I think everyone in the top 5 has shown enough to suggest that they are a serious threat this year.

12. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,246 / 7
  13. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    Melbourne will come a cropper at some point. They are not the team Illawarra and Manly are.

14. mcatt

mcatt Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Underestimating Melbourne is very silly IMO. Any team with Slater, Cronk, Widdop and Smith as their backbone, are a threat. They have plenty of talented players mixed with honest toilers who Bellamy is getting the best out of.

15. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Saints arent really that much of a title threat imo,they wont get there

16. The Gronk

The Gronk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Susan had the Storm missing the 8 a couple of weeks ago. Does he still stand by this?

17. north coast eagle

north coast eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0
    How is it that they can be way over the salary cap, let go of some players and buy a whole lot more players that in many instances are better than the ones they let go?

18. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    It's the old 3 card trick.

19. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Be serious - they are exceeding expectation but are deserved top 8 material but if we met them in a final theres little doubt its a Manly win by 20+. It was mentioned earlier - shut down Smith & more importantly the go foward & they have very little. Take round 1 away - Manly have improved by 200% since then......

20. silvertail

silvertail Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 6
    The will do well if they continue to get away with over-stepping the mark with dubious tackling techniques.

Just not in the spirit of how the game should be played. Bellamy is a disgrace and the dirtiest coach that I can recall in recent years. He is the architect of a whole new tackling terminology.

Their defence is winning them games but we can break them. They are back to their dirty best in the ruck and that will be hard to compete with unless refs start paying more attention. Their attack is OK but our defence is solid enough.

All comes down to how the ruck is ref'ed. Scum.

• Like Like x 2