Apologies and explanation about the recent banning of a user, important!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi everyone,

It is a very sad and rare occurrence that I have to make these posts, however information has come to light that I feel I need to make public in order to obtain a bit of closure and repair some damage the user has done.

Over the past few months we have been dealing with a user who took up more moderation time than any other user ever has in 10 years, that user constantly found cause for complaint and set about systematically trying to undermine everyone and everything on the website, continuously causing problems and causing arguments. These were done both in public, private forums and private messages. Whilst as moderators this happens from time to time it eventually got to the point where we could no longer excuse the behavior and in all honesty we should have cut that person off a lot earlier, however for various reasons we gave them more leeway than usual.
This user was banned last night, and will no longer be permitted to take part in the website, I won't share the private events that lead to this but needless to say there were threats, abuse and harassment involved and eventually I took the decision to ban them permanently despite them being a premium member.

Since the banning it has come to light that this person had also been sending abusive private messages to various users on the site, not just moderators but other general users too, threatening violence and harassing them many times simply because at some point the other person had posted a contrary view to the now banned member or had simply liked another persons post. On top of this that user was also sending multiple private messages enticing people to leave silvertails this had been going on for several days/weeks. We suspected this had been happening and the person had been harassing people to the point they either agreed or stayed away for fear of running into this user.

Harassing users particularly in Pm as well as enticing others away from the site are clear breaches of the rules and should be reported immediately.

Most of this persons victims have reported this information to us but I fear there are probably more that either haven't come forward or have not yet seen the full and true danger of this individual.

I ask that if someone is sending you threatening private messages on this site with tone that clearly shows harassment and abuse please report them, no one should have to put up with that kind of behavior especially not for simply expressing an opinion on the forums, this site is built around the principle that you can freely express an opinion on football without any fear of being abused or victimized we encourage free thought and disagree that there needs to be a party line that needs to be followed and that everyone has to be blindly positive or loyal. We don't subscribe to the "true supporter" idea and believe wholly that everyone's opinion is valid and being a fan of a team does not mean you have to agree with everything that goes on with that team and staff, in other words you are free to share your thoughts without fear of retribution!

That was shattered by this individual who harassed and attacked in private and tried to justify it by trying to be a martyr and lie and malign in public.

So going forward please report such activity we want you all to enjoy the experience here. I know that I have learned more about footy by discussing the actual game and plays through the years and my knowledge has expanded massively by being part of the robust and amazing discussions we have, I want to encourage that because when you understand the game you really do learn to love it more and appreciate great plays no matter who is behind them.

So in summing up I wanted to apologise to those that suffered the harassing pm's and posts by this user and hope it has not deterred you from using the site further, I also wanted to apologise for not taking action sooner.

Hopefully we can move forward from this incident and not have to deal with further incidence such as this.

Let's look forward to next year!

Dan

I am so sorry you had to deal with this Dan and for those who copped anything unwarranted. I have had a few slanging matches here but with adults who understood the perameters of the argument and will admit to occasionally adopting a sarcastic tone.

But it's hard to cater to everyone on a site like this and you and the mods are doing a terrific job.

All the best. And keep up the good work. We love you's all.

Thanks mate, it's no secret who that user was and it is a relief to know I don't have to worry about logging in and seeing a post or pm from them stirring up some form of trouble

It's a shame people can't have a banter without going over board. No need for all that has happened. Sounds like it got way out of hand. Thanks Dan and the mods for all their work. Sorry to all the fellow posters that had a rough time.

I did not get abused, pm'd or invited to leave the site.

Frankly, I'm feeling a little left out. What ? Aren't my contributions valuable enough to warrant a little abuse.

From here on in, look forward to a more controversial simon64.

SACK EVERYONE. :-D

simon64 said:

Frankly, I'm feeling a little left out. What ? Aren't my contributions valuable enough to warrant a little abuse.

m sure we can work something out, maybe a Silvertalls Dunk Tank

Was it Weidler? Couldn't hammer us enough in the papers so he joined the forum..?

Sorry to hear that @Dan

I hate seeing users banned but it is very clear that in this case you certainly had no choice.

You are a very easy going site owner Dan so if you had to Ban someone im sure it was absolutely warranted. Keep up the fantastic job and thanks for providing us all with this great site.

Cheers Dan. Hope the poster finds an adequate way to get some help for issues which seem to run pretty deep. Participating here did not seem helpful to that poster and seemed to cause that person stress and unfortunately, stress to many other members and mods as well.

Happy Silvertailsing people.:D

Haha i got some absolutely cracking PM's. Even though he had put me on his ignore list which meant I couldn't fire any back. Didn't really worry me though. I had a feeling they guy might have been a Kangaroo short in the top paddock.

Registered in January -----> nearly 3000 posts already.

Wow

Dan said:
simon64 said:

m sure we can work something out, maybe a Silvertalls Dunk Tank

I'll get the smugglers out Dan.

In all seriousness though, it takes a fairly concerted effort to get yourself banned. Hopefully the offender (whose identity is unknown to me) is happier without the aggravation.

Keep up the good work Dan.

So Dan ,
Couldn't the alleged offender just start a new membership under a different username ?
(Once he recovers )

Usually by now one of this sites various ironstines have come up with a witty play on words to let us plebs know who's being talked about.

*waits patiently

GE should have posted more pictures of puppies :)

Seriously though, no need for any explanations etc Dan, I am sorry it was you that got lumbered with this and the other ST's that were on the receiving end.

Pablo said:
Usually by now one of this sites various ironstines have come up with a witty play on words to let us plebs know who's being talked about.

*waits patiently

Check Bones' video :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7