1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone thinking

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Copa Eagle, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Copa Eagle

Copa Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    That this game is going to be in a walk in the park is nuts ! The warriors are in the GF for a reason beating 2 teams with a well disciplined game plan. Their defence of late on their goal line has been extremely good. Dont get me wrong i am quitely confident, although its not going to be a walk in fairy land like most of us are thinking. We have to remember that this is a GF and anything can happen ! We cant get ambushed !

2. mcatt

mcatt Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    100% agree. The Warriors are one hell of a team and deserve nothing but respect! It's fine to be confident with our teams ability, I know I am, but any sort of cockiness is silly.

3. Copa Eagle

Copa Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    I know Des will have the boys raring to go, the main thing is respect, respect for the ball and posession, and respect for the team that we are playing, they are a very changed team since we last played them. They have a new structure. If we go in there like storm did we will get ambushed and then we'll be embaressed !

4. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    I'm a little worried about Robbo being peppered with bombs on the goal-line. They will target him all day.

5. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Are you worried about Robbo under the high ball? I'm not. The only reason they'll bomb Robbo is because Hoppa is on the other wing.

6. brookiegreg

brookiegreg Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Mate it'll be bombs galore from both sides.

Did anyone see the Warriors game a couple of weeks ago where they got cut up 40-10??

How did the other team do it and where were the weaknesses? That was against Brisbane wasn't it. Manu blew it bigtime spilling 5 or so bombs from what I remember the papers saying.

7. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Robbo caught everything Broncos threw at him up there, and he was playing out of position! Hopa catches like the fullback he used to be.

Manu cant run backwards, so aim for a foot behind him, or his groin :p

8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    It's a weakspot for sure. Robbo is dependable in the air but not fantastic, prone to make a drop here & there to boot. Normally he isn't someone that you'd worry about but with Inu lining up on his side of the field it makes me a bit nervous to say the least.

9. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 26
    This game WILL be a walk in the park because our team is focussed and will give the Warriors the respect they deserve. They will then proceed to dismantle them and notch up another big scoreline.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I can't remember Robbo ever having a problem under the high ball. The only concern is if the bomb is on top of him and he can't get a leap at it and the opposition are jumping above him, but that's the same for any winger in the same position. Inu is a bit of a freak under the high ball to be honest so the "blocking" of him would be crucial so its not so much the wingers but the others to help out.

11. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    i am concerned but im gaining confidence in the fact that the tigers and melbourne pack arent as big or as savage as ours. While brisbanes pack is and we all know what brisbane did to the warriors in week 1.

The key for us will be to strike early and then bash the **** out of them.
    I wanna see that 2008 line speed.

12. Lennox Local

Lennox Local Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Brisbane made more metres than our forwards last Friday, we let them come to us more, outside of their 30. I'd be more comfortable if that didn't happen this weekend.
    Robbo bloody safe as a bank under the high one. Full confidence in him. Got another 3 tries in him too reckon.

13. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    I try not to think, it's a terrible habit

14. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +653 / 6
    i'm the same, especially at work where they only pay me below the neck- i'm not paid to think.