Anyone else over Voss?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
i just watched the womens origin & the bloke never shuts up.
the whole game he barely paused long enough to let his offsider have any input.
the only thing i can think is that he must be paid by the word.
To me he's in the top three of most annoying commentators, he's got to be the worst that Fox has to offer although Ginane isn't far behind him and don't get me started on Cronk and then there's Blocker, geez the list is endless

Yep, he's painful to hear.

I hate the way he even talks over the bunker when they're reviewing a decision.

Every other commentator stops to listen so everyone tuning in can hear what the bunker is saying, Voss just talks nonstop, inane dribble over the top of it.

just a wall of noise mashed together with unfunny quips
Good description.
Wish there was an option to mute the commentary but still hear the crowd and players and ref.
Recently I muted the call on a game because Voss was ruining the experience. He's definitely got worse, its like he thinks his commentary is the reason everyone is watching the footy.

I've never enjoyed the Vossatron's over the top commentary. Ginane is another one who irritates the sh1t out of me.

I think it's the way they try to sound like knockabouts that p1sses me off. Baldy Hooper is another one who does his best to sound hard.

The word "SLAP" repeats inside my mind whenever they speak - spinning around on an unbreakable loop.

Loves the sound of his own voice .
His pre rehearsed quips are far from funny.
He is a celebrity only to himself.
Tosspot of the highest order.

I've never enjoyed the Vossatron's over the top commentary. Ginane is another one who irritates the sh1t out of me.

I think it's the way they try to sound like knockabouts that p1sses me off. Baldy Hooper is another one who does his best to sound hard.

The word "SLAP" repeats inside my mind whenever they speak - spinning around on an unbreakable loop.

careful, if it spins backwards you'll be hearing Pals...!

It's like Voss is in the wrong role.

There used to be one person commentating the game, one sidekick, one ex player of sorts chiming in now and again (usually a storm/Bronco/roosters player getting his contract topped up), and a sideline commentator.

Voss' style was the sidekick style but they've thrown him in a lead type role and it's not that good.

Unless I've got it all wrong (possible!)

I'm lucky in that I usually tune the commentary out but I read in another thread people were sick of him so I listened. I think there were 3 sets of six in a row where he didn't call a play once, just went on about the game as a whole, and trying to be funny.

edit: A few years ago now, I emailed him and asked if he could check a couple of footy things for me, and to his credit he did and got back to me - which made him a good guy in my book.

He also read out a comment of mine on his show 'The Sunday roast' so he can also recognise comedic genius! -lol- (though unsurprisingly Gus and Geyer didn't get it).

I realise these two things don't make him a fine commentator, but wanted to share a 'decent guy' story.

I cannot bear him. Never shuts up. Never calls the actual game Someone needs to take away his red cordial.

I just wish these guys would realise that they are on TV and NOT the radio...
They don't need to "call" the action - the audience have eyes.
If only they would just identify the players currently in shot (for the benefit of audience that don't instantly recognise all NRL players).

This is what Rabs USED to do once upon a time (Amco Cup). Now he's too busy cross promoting Nein programs & sharing quips with his buddies.

I just wish these guys would realise that they are on TV and NOT the radio...
They don't need to "call" the action - the audience have eyes.
If only they would just identify the players currently in shot (for the benefit of audience that don't instantly recognise all NRL players).

This is what Rabs USED to do once upon a time (Amco Cup). Now he's too busy cross promoting Nein programs & sharing quips with his buddies.
You could tell when Rabs' eyes & memory started going a few years ago when he'd pause midflow & obviously look down at a team list to read out the name of a player currently onscreen who he could only identify by the number on their back.

I was so happy when 9 sacked him and I thought we were done with him for good. Then Fox gave him a role...he started out as Warren Smith’s understudy but eventually started getting the main game. Smith is much better and should be the top caller.

most commentators these days are not interested in calling the game; they are ‘hype machines’ tasked with extracting artificial excitement in every moment of the match. I had to turn off the tv when Mick Ennis started going on about Nathan Cleary...I wouldn’t have been surprised to learn that Ennis was stroking himself...it was one superlative after another, delivered with that ‘bogan bloke’ tone.

Let the match play become the focus again and save all the discussion based stuff for the newspapers. Also, Vossy needs to leave all the Dad Jokes aside - “this is Parra-dise” every time the Eels score a try at BankWest? I mean c’mon, that’s so lame.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8