Announcement market

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I've got '72, 73, 76, 78, 87, 96, 08 and 2011....

and I may be just pulling the pi$$....or on it!

Good work!!

I just wish I had that many Henschke Hill of Grace , a far far better wine which I didn’t discover until the early 90’s.

Most of the above were about $80-$100 when purchased, the 98 one I think was about $250 and I said “ that’s it I’m not paying that for a bottle of wine I may never drink”.

They are now both close to $600.

I’ve been offered quite a bit for the early ones ( on a Facebook wine appreciation group), they are in fact completely resilient to the stock market / interest rates.

Those 5 bottles that cost me about $600 in total would be worth around $5-$6k.

So no chance I’m opening one to drink, although I have opened a few in the past.

Good work!!

I just wish I had that many Henschke Hill of Grace , a far far better wine which I didn’t discover until the early 90’s.

Most of the above were about $80-$100 when purchased, the 98 one I think was about $250 and I said “ that’s it I’m not paying that for a bottle of wine I may never drink”.

They are now both close to $600.

I’ve been offered quite a bit for the early ones ( on a Facebook wine appreciation group), they are in fact completely resilient to the stock market / interest rates.

Those 5 bottles that cost me about $600 in total would be worth around $5-$6k.

So no chance I’m opening one to drink, although I have opened a few in the past.

I looked at their website after you mentioned them.

How can a bottle be worth $800? I can understand the cost of making a bottle can be anything (if the staff wear solid gold clothes, etc) but can a $800 bottle be 8 times 'better' than a $100 (or 4 times better than a 200 one - you get my point).

I remember having a $250 bottle over dinner one night... I think at cha cha char's in brisbane and that was pretty good.

The 1976 grange was pretty good too, I'm happy I rescued it before my dear ole mum used it as cooking wine for the Christmas roast! lol

But... $800? Help me Mark!

PS no announcement re coaches, sorry

I looked at their website after you mentioned them.

How can a bottle be worth $800? I can understand the cost of making a bottle can be anything (if the staff wear solid gold clothes, etc) but can a $800 bottle be 8 times 'better' than a $100 (or 4 times better than a 200 one - you get my point).

I remember having a $250 bottle over dinner one night... I think at cha cha cha's in brisbane and that was pretty good.

The 1976 grange was pretty good too, I'm happy I rescued it before my dear ole mum used it as cooking wine for the Christmas roast! lol

But... $800? Help me Mark!

PS no announcement re coaches, sorry

It’s easy.

Demand -Supply

Demand might be 20,000 bottles
Supply is 1000

Charge what you like and they pay it!!

Ah ok, Silly me. I thought it may have something to do with taste!

It’s a great wine , to be honest the best you can get BUT $800 a bottle , which is $160 per 150 Ml glass.....think about that, $160 for a SINGLE glass of wine.

At that price no thanks!!

I had my first Hill of Grace in 1989, at that point it was $35.

It’s a great wine , to be honest the best you can get BUT $800 a bottle , which is $160 per 150 Ml glass.....think about that, $160 for a SINGLE glass of wine.

Jesus turned water into wine...

My mate from schooldays is a vigneron in the Barrossa Valley. He has a very interesting take on what is seen to be good wine.
One of my favourite things is to read him a wine critics review of a wine that he has ACTUAL knowledge of....

Wine makers share some good wine among themselves, and sell the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok to put everyone’s mind at rest and ease concerns around any upcoming announcements, I had a members council related email conversation with an influential staff member on Tuesday.

I asked about coach situation (maybe slipped in Des name) and the reply quote was “and there will be some announcements in the near future that will bring a smile to your face”.

And before you ask it wasn’t with Cuzzo. NB. Note the plural
NB the coaches name wasn’t confirmed

Rest easy the announcements are coming

Yep. We used to drink it all the time. Had no idea it had gotten so ridiculous!

Mark I was at a weekend work conference in hunter valley in 2000, late on the friday night the sales rep from Adelaide brought us a glass of brandy each which cost $140.
I said to him I ain't getting into a shout with you lol.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10