And now for something completely different...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well since your coming out as a comedian to the Silvertail faithful, I have been doing a bit of research Bob.
Firstly, Manly play the Titans 20th April Saturday night 5.30pm.
So downside is the "basement comedy club" has moved its gigs to Saturday night.
Not to be perturbed, I found another new comedy club at Ashmore. See below. They feature on Friday nights.

It’s a win-win for all of us. We pack out the comedy club. So even if you bomb Bob (which you won’t) you know we’ll still be cheering for you!@:p.
Then we front up on Saturday to see Manly v Des (and Foz. I was going to make an injury joke there, but I can’t. I really wish we could have kept him @:cry:).

And whilst looking through the upcoming comedy gigs at the basement, I see these two brothers below.

C’mon Bob, that’s just too delicious not to get a cpl laughs out of that…."You’re the undisclosed father." " You taught them everything they know, and they wouldn’t be killing it, but for your professional guidance"……ok I leave it there. See you on the 19th of April Bob.@:D
Good man... You're right about the date of the Titan's game - I looked here but they have the venues mixed up for the Titan's games in April/July.

Unfortunately, April doesn't work either as I'm heading overseas for 6 weeks (Japan and Ireland).
There's plans for sets in both country's so....

Nevertheless, I'm sure I'll be in QLD at some stage and we can re-visit.

I've seen the Stevenson boys a few times and they are very very good I thought so see them if you can?

Re the use of language.. My thoughts when writing and performing is "does the use of a profanity improve this line? "Will not using a profanity take away from the effectiveness of the line" if not... I don't use it.

So far I've not had to use "profanity"

Re my material, I like to think I'd still get a go at the Phoenix Club in the UK at some stage ...

Friggen is good, as in “friggen defective” : Mel Brooks, blazing saddles.

Actually let’s call Luke brooks “Mel” this season.

Good man... You're right about the date of the Titan's game - I looked here but they have the venues mixed up for the Titan's games in April/July.

Unfortunately, April doesn't work either as I'm heading overseas for 6 weeks (Japan and Ireland).
There's plans for sets in both country's so....

Nevertheless, I'm sure I'll be in QLD at some stage and we can re-visit.

I've seen the Stevenson boys a few times and they are very very good I thought so see them if you can?

Re the use of language.. My thoughts when writing and performing is "does the use of a profanity improve this line? "Will not using a profanity take away from the effectiveness of the line" if not... I don't use it.

So far I've not had to use "profanity"

Re my material, I like to think I'd still get a go at the Phoenix Club in the UK at some stage ...

Not too sure if Brian Potter would give you a gig, he had an eclectic mix of turns who made it onto his stage. Talking of which, I'm off to see Clinton Baptiste in a few weeks.

Thanks for that mate and yes, we had some fun on the Gold Coast with the MWTS tours...
Great to hear from you and I hope you and yours are all going well.
Unfortunately I'll not be able to get up there in July but hope to see you at some stage soon (Pun intended)
When I told the family I was going to perform stand-up they just laughed and said I must tbe joking so that was an encouraging start...
Or in the words of the late, great Bob Monkhouse "When I told my family I wanted to be a comedian they all laughed...... Well they're not laughing now"

General Discussion Forum
Reminds me of a joke involving a general…

Having just moved into his new office, a pompous, new colonel was sitting at his desk when an airman knocked on the door. Conscious of his new position, the colonel quickly picked up the phone, told the airman to enter, then said into the phone,

"Yes, General, I'll be seeing him this afternoon and I'll pass along your message. In the meantime, thank you for your good wishes, sir."

Feeling as though he had sufficiently impressed the young enlisted man, he asked, "What do you want?"

"Nothing important, sir," the airman replied, "I'm just here to hook up your telephone."

Not too sure if Brian Potter would give you a gig, he had an eclectic mix of turns who made it onto his stage. Talking of which, I'm off to see Clinton Baptiste in a few weeks.
You do know Clinton would have already known you were planning to see his show?

Re General forum

Vid asked before posting / has done a fair bit for the club over the years / it is the off season / no one reads the general forum / 3 weeks till we defend our pre season comp

Hi all,
Just an update for anyone who might still be considering coming to the show.

We now only have 26 tickets left for the show (capacity is 100) so as per the 3 previous shows here it's looking likely we'll sell out.

The SILVERTAILS promo code is valid until Wednesday so if you'd like ticket sand to get the diso**** best get 'em quick! - see details and booking site here Dad & Dave's present a night of stand-up comedy!

Hi all,

We now only have 26 tickets left for the show (capacity is 100) so as per the 3 previous shows here it's looking likely we'll sell out.

The SILVERTAILS promo code is valid until Wednesday so if you'd like ticket sand to get the diso**** best get 'em quick! - see details and booking site here Dad & Dave's present a night of stand-up comedy!
Hey Vidmar how does the seating work? Is it first in best dressed?

Hey Vidmar how does the seating work? Is it first in best dressed?
Once you have your show tickets you'll get a note to advise booking a table on the Dad & Dave website (they use the Open Table software) - if need be, there's a section in the booking form for you to request to sit with others who may have made a seperate booking (I know a few people that have bought their own tickets and then on the table booking requested "can we please sit with our friends Jenny & Jerry smith " etc)
This is the best way as it's going to be a full room and you'd want to have a table sorted (all seats have a good view so there's no "tiers" as such)

Hi all,

Thank you for the update on your Great show @vidmar but I am working nightshift on Wed 14th of February
I hope to make it another time

Dad & Dave's present a night of stand-up comedy!​

After 3 sold out shows, comedy is back at the brewery! Live music and drink/meals deals from 6pm with comedy from 7.30 - 9.00

By Bob Stevenson Comedy
Follow

Date and time​

Wed, 14 Feb 2024 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM AEDT

Location​

45 Mitchell Rd
45 Mitchell Road Brookvale, NSW 2100
Show map

Refund Policy​

Contact the organiser to request a refund.
Eventbrite's fee is nonrefundable.

About this event​

Few tickets left and only $27.78​

Wednesday, 14 February
  • 3 hours
  • Mobile eTicket
Come and join us at Dad & Dave's for another night of fun and laughter as we welcome a great line up of comedians to the brewery.
The brewery food truck has been chosen as Opentable’s Diners’ Choice for the best burger in Australia so come along for a meal pre-show and taste what all the fuss is about?
Check out the mouth-watering burger menu offering a range of classic and vegan items guaranteed to satisfy your cravings.
The comedy starts at 7.30 with our MC Freya Morton starting the fun and introducing our line up:
Bob Stevenson
Rodney Owen
Steph Broadbridge
Steve Hoskins
Sean "Woody" Woodland
We're looking forward to a lot of fun so come along and join us!

Avoid dissapointment - Tickets are essential as these nights usually sell out before the event

Frequently asked questions​

How do I book a seat or tables for my group to get the best views of the show?

Please go to Brewery Bookings — Dad & Dave's Brewing once you have purchased your show tickets. Let us know if you would like to be seated with others who may have purchased their show seperate to your booking so we can help with that too.
Is there an age limit on this event

Yes, due to the nature of the event patrons need to be 18years of age or older.
Can I bring pets?

We love pets and have several oursleves but sorry, no pets are allowed tonight - sorry!
Is there parking close by?

Yes, there is plenty of free on street parking available.

Life is Better When we are all Laughing
Picture complements from Bob Stevenson Comedy .

1707105466069.png

Hi all,
In way of an update, the show at Dad & Dave's brewery on Wednesday is now sold out so no more tickets available.

Thanks to Dan, the mods and everyone for their support.

In closing... if you still fancied seeing some of my stuff... you might be interested to know that I’ve been selected to perform in a heat of the Sydney Comedy Championships on Tuesday 20th Feb at the Bank Hotel in Newtown (close to Newtown station).

The audience votes for their favourite and the winner gets $100 plus entry to the final at the Comedy Store so I’m keen to recruit a “favourable” crowd 😊

There’s early bird 2 for one deals available (so only about $8 to get in) and it’s usually a lot of fun so if any of you guys might fancy a cheap funl night out (all welcome bring family & friends!) I look forward to seeing you - details here:
Sydney Stand-Up Comedy Championships

Cheers
Bob

Hi all,
In way of an update, the show at Dad & Dave's brewery on Wednesday is now sold out so no more tickets available.

Thanks to Dan, the mods and everyone for their support.

In closing... if you still fancied seeing some of my stuff... you might be interested to know that I’ve been selected to perform in a heat of the Sydney Comedy Championships on Tuesday 20th Feb at the Bank Hotel in Newtown (close to Newtown station).

The audience votes for their favourite and the winner gets $100 plus entry to the final at the Comedy Store so I’m keen to recruit a “favourable” crowd 😊

There’s early bird 2 for one deals available (so only about $8 to get in) and it’s usually a lot of fun so if any of you guys might fancy a cheap funl night out (all welcome bring family & friends!) I look forward to seeing you - details here:
Sydney Stand-Up Comedy Championships

Cheers
Bob
Congratulations on another sell out performance feathered friend Vidmar
Great to see a Manly Man do well

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10