And now for something completely different...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And Now for Something Completely Different

Greeting All,

For the past 5 years or so I've been writing and performing stand-up comedy and it's been going 4really, really well.

Last year I set a goal to perform in 5 different countries which I achieved by performing in Aus, NZ, the US (Montana & Hawaii), England (London's West End) and Scotland.

I was also aiming to perform to sold out shows at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival (the largest performing arts festival in the world) so, in August I flew to the UK and performed 6 nights at the Fringe with a solo show "Not my first rodeo..." (and sold out the last 2 nights!) - the show actually featured some story's including Sea Eagles “material”!

Over the last 18 months, as well as writing and performing comedy, I've also run a few rooms locally where we present 6 comics in a night of stand-up, and they have been well received and generally sell out (c 100 - 130 people) and we’ve had some great nights!

I’m often asked by people to let them know when we’re next performing, so Dan and the mods have kindly allowed me to post here to share that the next show is at Dad & Dave's Brewery in Brookvale on 14th Feb (Valentines Day)

Doors open at 6 and the comedy runs 7.30 - 9pm : Tickets are $25 plus booking fee

It’s a great local venue, they offer a fantastic range of beers, spirits and burgers and we have a great line up of award winning comics who are well known on the Aussie circuit including performances at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival, the Adelaide and Perth Fringe’s and the Sydney Comedy Festival and the Edinburgh Fringe.

More details and tickets can be found here Dad & Dave's present a night of stand-up comedy! so please share and, if you use the promo code SILVERTAILS at checkout before noon on Feb 7th, you’ll get a 20% discount on tickets (subject to availability).

Hope to see you there!

Cheers
Bob
Follow me on instagram at Bob_Stevenson_Comedy
GO MANLY!
Anyone that drops a Monty Python reference must be good so will try and get there @vidmar. :thumbsup:

I'm sure I'd get a lot more views if I took my pants off in the middle of state parliament. Doesn't make it appropriate.

If every Silvertails poster spruiked their side hustle in the RL forum it'd be pretty annoying to sift through that to find news about the team - which is what I'm here for.
Lol, fair point. But in fairness Vid is not just ‘every Silvertails poster’ some here may not know his history but it does merit certain special consideration (or so the powers that be have deemed on this occasion)(which I applaud)(which is not to say I’ll applaud his comedy act, we’ll see 😆)

I'm sure I'd get a lot more views if I took my pants off in the middle of state parliament. Doesn't make it appropriate.

If every Silvertails poster spruiked their side hustle in the RL forum it'd be pretty annoying to sift through that to find news about the team - which is what I'm here for.
Wasn't defending Vidmars right to post comments about his upcoming comedy show, just pointing out that the General discussion forum is scarcely commented on or viewed, compared to the footy forum.

For those that have had the Great pleasure of knowing our Great Manly Man Vidmar
Would appreciate his Great presence is appropriate any where on this forum

The Great Vidmars Presence is our Forums Great Privilidge feathered friend @eaglebuzz
I hope you can make it to one of his Great shows

Last edited:
Thanks again for the support.

To confirm, before I posted, I purposely contacted Dan and the Mods to ask permission to be able to post details of my show on this part of the forum.

As mentioned, there are other threads but I’m sure you’d understand I was looking for best exposure which is why I wanted to post here.

To those considering coming along to a show that will be a lot of fun… thank you and hope to see you there – don’t forget to use the Promo Code?

If it’s not for you then thanks for looking anyway

Cheers

Thanks again for the support.

To confirm, before I posted, I purposely contacted Dan and the Mods to ask permission to be able to post details of my show on this part of the forum.

As mentioned, there are other threads but I’m sure you’d understand I was looking for best exposure which is why I wanted to post here.

To those considering coming along to a show that will be a lot of fun… thank you and hope to see you there – don’t forget to use the Promo Code?

If it’s not for you then thanks for looking anyway

Cheers
Way to go Vidmar. Wait till the daughter sees this. I told her on one of Marks tours years ago that you were not just a funny bugger, but a smart funny bugger (doesn’t need to swear to be funny…unlike her father).
As a self-appointed comedic connoisseur, I have been a lover of comedy for 40 years. But particularly live comedy. My wife and I were regulars at the ‘basement’ comedy store at the Gold Coast Arts Theatre for years (and it’s still going Bob on Friday nights, and we play Titans up here this year….so how good would that weekend be! ..hint, hint).
My life coach is Bill Burr, then Ricky and Dave. But I love watching YT gigs especially in New York of the up and coming. It is bloody brutal at times, seeing how hard it is . Man it takes massive nuttlege to get on that stage. Whether it be open mic night or even further up the bill. I have nothing but the utmost respect for those that can do it. I would’ve loved to be a fly on the wall when you dropped that on the family Bob!🤣 ( I bet mid-life crisis got mentioned!🤣).
But you only get one shot at life. And if you can pack it all in while keeping the family happy, I say well done to you Bob.
And I applaud @Dan for letting people like yourself, @maxta , and @globaleagle get a bit of front page exposure. We should be proud of our Silvertail family living their dreams.

Thanks for that mate and yes, we had some fun on the Gold Coast with the MWTS tours...
Great to hear from you and I hope you and yours are all going well.
Unfortunately I'll not be able to get up there in July but hope to see you at some stage soon (Pun intended)
When I told the family I was going to perform stand-up they just laughed and said I must tbe joking so that was an encouraging start...

Just seen this now Vidmar - you are killing it Champion and if your performing anywhere like Brisbane, Goldy, Sunny Coast or better still Toowoomba....let us know and 100% will be there.
It's well worth keeping this thread dive and when Vid is performing can get times and places as Silvertail fans are ALL over the country, so could get along when the opportunity arises.
Massive congrats Vidmar - Go Manly - Go Liverpool and Go you good thing 👍

Sadly, it seems most of today's comedians think it mandatory to swear. Now, some may actually be funny, but I always feel the swearing demeans themselves
I’d also include the N-word from the black comedians. The last Netflix special for my main man Dave Chapelle felt like he was using it as filler. And I love Dave.
The best Aussie comedian I’ve seen who uses minimal language is Carl Baron.

Thanks for that mate and yes, we had some fun on the Gold Coast with the MWTS tours...
Great to hear from you and I hope you and yours are all going well.
Unfortunately I'll not be able to get up there in July but hope to see you at some stage soon (Pun intended)
When I told the family I was going to perform stand-up they just laughed and said I must tbe joking so that was an encouraging start...
Well since your coming out as a comedian to the Silvertail faithful, I have been doing a bit of research Bob.
Firstly, Manly play the Titans 20th April Saturday night 5.30pm.
So downside is the "basement comedy club" has moved its gigs to Saturday night.
Not to be perturbed, I found another new comedy club at Ashmore. See below. They feature on Friday nights.

It’s a win-win for all of us. We pack out the comedy club. So even if you bomb Bob (which you won’t) you know we’ll still be cheering for you!@:p.
Then we front up on Saturday to see Manly v Des (and Foz. I was going to make an injury joke there, but I can’t. I really wish we could have kept him @:cry:).

And whilst looking through the upcoming comedy gigs at the basement, I see these two brothers below.

C’mon Bob, that’s just too delicious not to get a cpl laughs out of that…."You’re the undisclosed father." " You taught them everything they know, and they wouldn’t be killing it, but for your professional guidance"……ok I leave it there. See you on the 19th of April Bob.@:D

Well since your coming out as a comedian to the Silvertail faithful, I have been doing a bit of research Bob.
Firstly, Manly play the Titans 20th April Saturday night 5.30pm.
So downside is the "basement comedy club" has moved its gigs to Saturday night.
Not to be perturbed, I found another new comedy club at Ashmore. See below. They feature on Friday nights.

It’s a win-win for all of us. We pack out the comedy club. So even if you bomb Bob (which you won’t) you know we’ll still be cheering for you!@:p.
Then we front up on Saturday to see Manly v Des (and Foz. I was going to make an injury joke there, but I can’t. I really wish we could have kept him @:cry:).

And whilst looking through the upcoming comedy gigs at the basement, I see these two brothers below.

C’mon Bob, that’s just too delicious not to get a cpl laughs out of that…."You’re the undisclosed father." " You taught them everything they know, and they wouldn’t be killing it, but for your professional guidance"……ok I leave it there. See you on the 19th of April Bob.@:D
Harrigans at Calypso Bay have comedy nights every few months if you want a good laugh with a great view

Honestly , it’s still the off season, so who cares what’s in this section ???

In the middle of footy season I couldn’t agree more.
This had been one of the best, if not the best, off seasons for discussion of the actual team in the RL thread I can remember. I think in large part to "The Manly Way" and some intrigue around the top 17.

The wheels have fallen off in the last week or so. I've said my piece about it now, I'll leave the non-RL threads to the people who are interested in them.

This had been one of the best, if not the best, off seasons for discussion of the actual team in the RL thread I can remember. I think in large part to "The Manly Way" and some intrigue around the top 17.

The wheels have fallen off in the last week or so. I've said my piece about it now, I'll leave the non-RL threads to the people who are interested in them.
I do get your point , 100%, and I commend the club for the social media engagement on the off season , however in a few weeks when we have the trials I’d agree with you totally, until then it’s still the off season.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8