And now for something completely different...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
And Now for Something Completely Different

Greeting All,

For the past 5 years or so I've been writing and performing stand-up comedy and it's been going 4really, really well.

Last year I set a goal to perform in 5 different countries which I achieved by performing in Aus, NZ, the US (Montana & Hawaii), England (London's West End) and Scotland.

I was also aiming to perform to sold out shows at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival (the largest performing arts festival in the world) so, in August I flew to the UK and performed 6 nights at the Fringe with a solo show "Not my first rodeo..." (and sold out the last 2 nights!) - the show actually featured some story's including Sea Eagles “material”!

Over the last 18 months, as well as writing and performing comedy, I've also run a few rooms locally where we present 6 comics in a night of stand-up, and they have been well received and generally sell out (c 100 - 130 people) and we’ve had some great nights!

I’m often asked by people to let them know when we’re next performing, so Dan and the mods have kindly allowed me to post here to share that the next show is at Dad & Dave's Brewery in Brookvale on 14th Feb (Valentines Day)

Doors open at 6 and the comedy runs 7.30 - 9pm : Tickets are $25 plus booking fee

It’s a great local venue, they offer a fantastic range of beers, spirits and burgers and we have a great line up of award winning comics who are well known on the Aussie circuit including performances at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival, the Adelaide and Perth Fringe’s and the Sydney Comedy Festival and the Edinburgh Fringe.

More details and tickets can be found here Dad & Dave's present a night of stand-up comedy! so please share and, if you use the promo code SILVERTAILS at checkout before noon on Feb 7th, you’ll get a 20% discount on tickets (subject to availability).

Hope to see you there!

Cheers
Bob
Follow me on instagram at Bob_Stevenson_Comedy
GO MANLY!

Last year I set a goal to perform in 5 different countries which I achieved by performing in Aus, NZ, the US (Montana & Hawaii), England (London's West End) and Scotland.
Let me guess - you have to keep on the move because after performing your show they never let you back in?
@:D @:D @:D

1706072258081.png

Is this you?

Much to my surprise the Mrs has agreed to make this our valentines date night. I'll be there.
Comedy makes for a great date night, it's a lot of fun and we reglarly get a lot of couple new and not so new coming to the event.
Plus, the brewery have food truck that was chosen as Opentable’s Diners’ Choice for the best burger in Australia so get there early (doors open at 6.00pm show runs 7.30 - 9.00) and let them do the cooking and washing up?
Hope to see you there and come and find me to say G'day?

Greeting All,

For the past 5 years or so I've been writing and performing stand-up comedy and it's been going 4really, really well.

I was also aiming to perform to sold out shows at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival (the largest performing arts festival in the world) so, in August I flew to the UK and performed 6 nights at the Fringe with a solo show "Not my first rodeo..." (and sold out the last 2 nights!) - the show actually featured some story's including Sea Eagles “material”!

Cheers
Bob
GO MANLY!

Best of luck in the future, hope it goes well.

Jokes aside (yep!) it's a big change so credit for taking on something so completely different. I'll try to get there to cheer you on (you'll get more cheers if you pop a few Eels jokes into the routine) :)
(by coincident just reading Shaun Mikallef's book currently, interesting 2nd career in comedy)

Good Onya Bob - it takes plenty of guts to get up there and do comedy! Hope it all goes well, if you are ever doing a gig up on the Gold Coast I will be there

Much to my surprise the Mrs has agreed to make this our valentines date night. I'll be

Comedy makes for a great date night, it's a lot of fun and we reglarly get a lot of couple new and not so new coming to the event.
Plus, the brewery have food truck that was chosen as Opentable’s Diners’ Choice for the best burger in Australia so get there early (doors open at 6.00pm show runs 7.30 - 9.00) and let them do the cooking and washing up?
Hope to see you there and come and find me to say G'day?
I'm a bit disappointed that I can't be there, I just love comedy but the wife and I will be on-board a cruise ship somewhere in the pacific on the 14th, I hope you've got plans for a return engagement Bob I'd really love to come

Thanks for the positive response guys and safe travels and have fun on the cruise Eagleron!
The brewery are keen to promote the comedy and as long as we continue to get the crowds then I guess they will continue hosting us so, hopefully it will contimue to be a monthly thing with different acts each month.
The week of the show above I've actually got another set in a show in Darlinghurst and I've also got a gig at a private party (availble for weddings, funerals Bar Mitzvah and corporate LOL)
I've played quite a few venues around the Sydney area (see the gig guide on my web page) and there's plenty of places availble for me to do sets each week.
Domestically most of my stuff is Sydney based but when I travel interstate then I'll probably find rooms that will book me (I has a great time in Darwin last April for example) so whilst I have no immediate plans to visit the Gold Coast it might come to pass at some stage Wheel (I hope you and yours are alldoing well?).
There are plans for performing in Tokyo in April and a couple of shows for the Dublin Liverpool FC supporters club in Ireland in May but that's a different story!

Greeting All,

Over the last 18 months, as well as writing and performing comedy, I've also run a few rooms locally where we present 6 comics in a night of stand-up, and they have been well received and generally sell out (c 100 - 130 people) and we’ve had some great nights!

I’m often asked by people to let them know when we’re next performing, so Dan and the mods have kindly allowed me to post here to share that the next show is at Dad & Dave's Brewery in Brookvale on 14th Feb (Valentines Day)

Doors open at 6 and the comedy runs 7.30 - 9pm : Tickets are $25 plus booking fee

It’s a great local venue, they offer a fantastic range of beers, spirits and burgers and we have a great line up of award winning comics who are well known on the Aussie circuit including performances at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival, the Adelaide and Perth Fringe’s and the Sydney Comedy Festival and the Edinburgh Fringe.

More details and tickets can be found here Dad & Dave's present a night of stand-up comedy! so please share and, if you use the promo code SILVERTAILS at checkout before noon on Feb 7th, you’ll get a 20% discount on tickets (subject to availability).

Hope to see you there!

Cheers
Bob
GO MANLY!
Thank you for sharing Bob
It takes Courage to be on stage and Charisma to fascinate the audience with your fun show
Sounds like a great evening and I will try to make one of your shows in my busy schedule
I wont say Good luck , I will say Good Talent as Talent overrides luck

Greeting All,

Hope to see you there!

Cheers
Bob
GO MANLY!
You could make a whole show out of the 'performance' of Mr Plod when he played for Manly!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8