1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And Maria gets a week!!

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Mark from Brisbane, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 257
    Why am I surprised that JWH gets two weeks, and with an early plea just a week for the hit on Gifty.

Now, let me say from the outset that in years gone by this would not have even been a penalty, nevertheless the rules are the rules these days.

Now is it just "disillusioned me" again or does this smell of a rat...the rat being a "payoff" for the Penalty Count against his team and after poor little Trentie's ravings on Saturday and Sunday.

Maria has problems, we all know that, he's been done so many times before I have lost count, and so he does another shouder change and gets what really amounts to a "tap on the wrist" as a result.

I smell a rat!!

And fair dinkum, I think this game is going from bad to worse.

• Like Like x 3
  2. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    Mark you are becoming the Scrooge of league, NRL, bah humbug :D

3. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,845 / 192
    Silly B**ch lol

4. master blaster

master blaster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 4
    again Mark,I totally agree with you mate

5. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,739 / 125
    When you look at what Kingy got a weeks rest for compared to what Maria did to get a week off......the NRL judiciary system is a complete and utter JOKE.

With Maria's record of send off's and suspensions he should have gone for at least 4 weeks. To get only one week for that show's just how wrong the grading system is. Add to that the early guilty plea crap and it looks worse.

6. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,408 / 35
    What a joke, he should be spending 3 weeks on the sideline for that. The Judiciary is a joke.

7. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    I don't think it was much more than a penalty, and yes in years gone by wouldn't even of been that.

1 week is about right given his record. I know if that was Stevie Matai we would cop the week and move on.

8. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    If you think Matai would only have got 1 week for that you've been out blowin' in the wind again. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,816 / 53
    This is consistent with the NRL's stance of taking concussion of non-Manly players seriously.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,533 / 32
    The NRL should let the public know the amount of time involved for knocking out each individual player illegally. For instance we now know taking Gifty out of the game is only worth a week.
    Taking out a Thurston or Smith may get you the season....coaches could factor this into their game plan and it would make things a lot clearer for the fans.

11. Daddycool08

Daddycool08 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 4
    Maria gets a week.

King gets a week.

The three Melbourne blokes who did "that" tackle on McKinon got to play last week.

Go figure.

12. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,727 / 10
    East side story-
    Maria, I just met a thug named Maria...

• Like Like x 2