An article for anyone who wants Hasler back

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

tookey

First Grader
Canterbury Bulldogs' frightening salary cap reality blocking their recruitment drive

14 players off contract. $800,000 spare in their salary cap.

It’s the frightening reality dooming Canterbury’s recruitment drive, according to Channel Seven reporter Josh Massoud.

‘’If you thought their salary cap was bad this year, wait until you see it in 2019 and 2020,’’ Massoud told the Big Sports Breakfast.

‘’The figure I’ve heard is that Canterbury have (14) players off contract and they only have $800,000 to spend next year.

‘’About half their squad is taking up about 90 per cent of their salary cap for next year, so they somehow have to fit 12 players into $800,000.’’

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...stwood-aiden-tolmam/8b802vpw8o3c1d0mckwbac8xf

I don't want DESpicable back. The way he left was unprofessional, to say the least, and then poaching staff and players was un-Manly. He doesn't deserve to represent our great club.
On to the Dogs: I read the Morris twins are on $700,000 each and their contracts are up. That will save the Dogs $1.4m next year but they won't be able to replace the twins with such quality three-quarters. At 32 the twins will be lucky to find a club willing to pay half their current salary and offer contracts for more than two years.

Good to see he learned from his mistakes at Manly. I recall "Hoops" on 360 talking about back ended deals and he said "that's how you win". Someone tell that to the Dogs haha

Not a great article, not clear and confusing. 12 players to resign on $800,000. As noted earlier the Morris twins on 700k each and Eastwood & Tolman on 1.5m between them. The article should read, 14 players to resign on maybe $3.7m. Not as big a disaster as the headline states. It would have been good for the journo to disclose which players are on back-ended contracts for next year.

Not a great article, not clear and confusing. 12 players to resign on $800,000. As noted earlier the Morris twins on 700k each and Eastwood & Tolman on 1.5m between them. The article should read, 14 players to resign on maybe $3.7m. Not as big a disaster as the headline states. It would have been good for the journo to disclose which players are on back-ended contracts for next year.
To be fair that assumes that every player is paid the same amount next year as they are this year....which we know does not happen with back ended contracts (as an example Foran might be on 300k this year and 700k next year)

The numbers are probably made up anyway so i can understand why they weren’t too concerned about how they were presented

Don't really want him back but if he did happen to become our head coach then that all he is, let the CEO look after the contracts.
That goes for any coach we have, keep away from back ended contracts. They may be great in the short term but that is part of the reason we are in the mess we are now.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10