Amazing news . . .SOO to get 10 mtrs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
can they not just either actually enforce all rules, or at least rule evenly?

One of the things I don't like about State of Origin is that the refs enforce the rules very differently than in NRL games. They let the players get away with much more foul play. The game would be a much better spectacle if the rules were enforced in a similar way to NRL games.

žzzzzzzzzz. Talk talk talk something something pressure the refs. SOO has become so predictable these days, i long foer origin of old.
Totally agree . Have very little interest except to see how DCE goes.Find it very hard to support a team lead by Gallen - filthy player and so ignorant. And it never starts on time !!

They need technology that puts a laser on the ground 10 metres from the tacled player. This sort of technology cant be that hard to organise for the highly paid nrl commissioners.

Is it just me, or is it that the reason more indiscretions, foul play, cheating is allowed by the referees in big matches, (SOO, GF's, Tests between GB & Aus), is because the Refs are physically afraid of the players. Usually the players tower over the refs these days, they actually look puny. Behaviour by players such as James Graham, Cum Smith, would be intimidating.
What's happened to the 'marchem back 10 for backchat ' rule ? You don't see that anymore. The refs are scared to rule on tries, forward passes, etc etc, lost all confidence, authority.

Watched a "classic" SOO on Fox last night, from about 2001/2... Man that was good football. No wrestle, quick play the balls, charging hard at the line getting smashed, a few little stinks with ZERO niggle, real hits with shoulders under the ribs and off the cuff ball play including off loads, short balls and set plays!

The current management have f*cking murdered footy. Absolutely cold blooded killers they are. They've let coaches like Bellyache and De$$ie change the fabric of the game: It's not footy any more its athletes with a rubber ball playing the same boring game plan. 5 rucks by the weight lifters and kick the rubber thing to the high jumpers. Simples.

Simple, and yet so very sad at the same time.

Edit: writing this I realized that I could literally rant for 10-15 minutes on this subject.. They've ruined. My. GAME.

:(

Last edited:
Saw Bellyache on TV last night trying TO TAKE YET STILL MORE authority away from the referees. Our game is rapidly becoming an NFL Stopathon. Why do we as fans stand for it ? !!!
Something must be done.:envy:

Totally agree . Have very little interest except to see how DCE goes.Find it very hard to support a team lead by Gallen - filthy player and so ignorant. And it never starts on time !!

Malcolm Knox wrote a great article recently saying how crap the quality of origin footy is. And don't tell me again how "intense" it is. Not only do we have to sit through the game, we've got to endure all the mind numbing hype that comes before it.

How pathetic is it when the NRL (Greenturd) has to remind the refs how to do their job. Well guess what d1ckhead Toddy, game one has been lost, why didn't the fools get dropped for being incompetent.....The NRL have got everything wrong at the moment, they would not know how spell pro active. Farking pathetic mob.

What has happened to the NRL edict about quick play-the-balls? I thought at the start of the season we were going to see a change, but to my eye the play-the-balls are just as slow and ponderous as ever.

The Walker brothers need to get involved at NRL level. Then maybe things might change. They would breath life into this dying game. To me they appear to be the only ones doing something innovative. Short kick offs, short drop outs, quick play the balls, importance of time in possession, etc., being more important than westling, slow play the balls, holding down, etc. When the NRL hierarchy and coaches realise that this is the way the game should be played then things will improve.

The Walker brothers need to get involved at NRL level. Then maybe things might change. They would breath life into this dying game. To me they appear to be the only ones doing something innovative. Short kick offs, short drop outs, quick play the balls, importance of time in possession, etc., being more important than westling, slow play the balls, holding down, etc. When the NRL hierarchy and coaches realise that this is the way the game should be played then things will improve.
A lesson, also, for 2V, perhaps?

Is it just me, or is it that the reason more indiscretions, foul play, cheating is allowed by the referees in big matches, (SOO, GF's, Tests between GB & Aus), is because the Refs are physically afraid of the players. Usually the players tower over the refs these days, they actually look puny. Behaviour by players such as James Graham, Cum Smith, would be intimidating.
What's happened to the 'marchem back 10 for backchat ' rule ? You don't see that anymore. The refs are scared to rule on tries, forward passes, etc etc, lost all confidence, authority.
The American answer would be all referees should carry guns.....

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7