Alleged Leniu incident.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There are two issues being conflated in certain posts.

Firstly, there is the personal growth and development aspect... an often touted belief that encourages the individual to take responsibility for how they choose to react to stimuli. Control what you can within your "sphere of influence" (Covey). It's a belief that is often encouraged to empower an individual.

The second aspect is behaviour that potentially hurts, harms or offends others. In this case, language that has a clear historic precedent as racially offensive, and is generally looked upon as having no place in contemporary society.

To put these two together and come out with the idea that Ezra is being over-sensitive, or needs to "toughen up" reflects either a degree of ignorance (at best) or arrogance (at worst). From an individual perspective, yes, it's fine to adopt the belief re: sphere of influence in order to tackle challenges we face. This includes the choice to call out unacceptable behaviour, and hold others accountable. This is exactly what Ezra has done. Taking personal responsibility for choosing to respond the way he has, Ezra has held Leniu accountable for his behaviour, and empowered himself and the many others who are (and have been) affected by racism in some form or another.

This choice by Ezra demonstrates strength, courage and integrity...

Pretty simple to me , it’s 2024 not 1974

Good natured banter is rife and you just have to accept that as a player , but anything ( ANYTHING) of a racist nature is just not acceptable.

I don’t think Spencer deserves to be outed for 8 weeks as some have called for , but he needs a lesson & others need to be aware of that lesson.

2-3 weeks is suffice

Good natured banter is rife and you just have to accept that as a player , but anything ( ANYTHING) of a racist nature is just not acceptable.

I don’t think Spencer deserves to be outed for 8 weeks as some have called for , but he needs a lesson & others need to be aware of that lesson.

2-3 weeks is suffice
Agree 2-3 weeks makes sense. Apparently Latrell is saying more than half a season which is just ridiculous. I am sure if a Manly player said it in an act of stupidity very few here if any would be asking for 8 weeks plus.

Agree 2-3 weeks makes sense. Apparently Latrell is saying more than half a season which is just ridiculous. I am sure if a Manly player said it in an act of stupidity very few here if any would be asking for 8 weeks plus.
They need to send a message , but it’s not like he’s taken someone’s head off and they are in hospital for 3 months as a result. 2-3 weeks is a lesson , but not over the top.

They need to send a message , but it’s not like he’s taken someone’s head off and they are in hospital for 3 months as a result. 2-3 weeks is a lesson , but not over the top.
Might come down to whether he is prepared to show any remorse. If he does, a lighter penalty for sure.
But if he wants to say there's nothing wrong with calling Indigenous players monkeys I'd be perfectly happy for him to be deregistered, full stop.

2-3 weeks is suffice

Montoya got 4 for his slur, so I think that's probably what Leniu gets.

Will be interesting on how they will have evidence of the allegation, none of the on field officials heard it.

Haven’t seen anything from the game footage that picks up the allegation.

Does the judiciary bring in lip readers to try and capture this or do they rely on the word of other players that heard this?

A large can of worms this one if they have no actual evidence, lots of pressure on the games administrators on how this is handled.
From what Leniu said after the game I'd say it's a safe bet he said it, he didn't deny it rather he made out it was just one of those funny things said in a game

He's out for 8+ weeks I reckon. If it had have been a normal round prob 4 but given it was in Vegas and 60million yanks watching its a bad bad look for the game. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets double digits just to make a point.
I agree with you, because this was V'Landys showcase event I reckon he'll make an example of Leniu to ensure everyone playing in future such games are on notice

I watched the game again today and I saw walkers carry on. What a dead**** he is there was nothing in Saabs celebration that warranted it. At the start of the season he said I’m not getting involved in that stuff anymore. What a flog, I would hate him to wear the manly colours.
Walker is flog, he's the worst sportsman in league, his reactions over the years to anyone who's scored against Souffs is deplorable, easily my most hated player closely followed by Latrell

Should get 2 weeks, possibly 4... BUT I'm pretty sure the NRL are really going to make a big thing out of this especially as it was said during the Las Vegas season opener and is now also news in the US. The NRL would be embarrassed by this and it actually tarnishes the whole " taking the game to the USA"

They will want to show exactly where they stand and there is no place for racism in the game or anywhere else for that matter

8 weeks!

I guess this will sound like I'm just out of touch, but peoples' feelings seem to get hurt very easily in this generation.
I read today that Sam Kerr hurt a policeman's feelings with some words.
It seems to me that we are in the middle of a type of McCarthyism era with our Wokeism attitudes. Guess we'll have to rewrite the old nursey rhythm about Sticks'n'stones.....

I guess this will sound like I'm just out of touch, but peoples' feelings seem to get hurt very easily in this generation.
It seems to me that we are in the middle of a type of McCarthyism era with our Wokeism attitudes. Guess we'll have to rewrite the old nursey rhythm about Sticks'n'stones.....

Racially based too from Kerr, allegedly. Will be interesting as she's Australia's darling at the moment.

Sam Kerr's words were alledgedly racially based.

Given historical events, and some not all that historical, racially based words will hit harder than calling someone short (for example).

Clearly there is some sort of law Kerr has broken. I highly doubt there is a don't laugh at short people law, although anything is possible.

Not sure if it is irony but I find anyone who generalises with the use of the work "Woke" is pretty out of youch

I take on what you're saying, Who. You have framed it as current generation being too sensitive. I think there is a healthy argument to suggest that perhaps we are just less tolerant of certain behaviours that were once ignored. It gets called out more readily, which can give the illusion we are hurt too easily.

IMO, the important issue is not about how sensitive or resilient people are (that's a personal decision for each of us)... the issue is to not condone, minimise, excuse, or trivialise behaviour that is potentially hurtful, divisive, and adds zero value to contemporary society.

Not sure if it is irony but I find anyone who generalises with the use of the work "Woke" is pretty out of youch
I'm out of Youch?
I like that.

• 😆
Reactions: lsz
I take on what you're saying, Who. You have framed it as current generation being too sensitive. I think there is a healthy argument to suggest that perhaps we are just less tolerant of certain behaviours that were once ignored. It gets called out more readily, which can give the illusion we are hurt too easily.

IMO, the important issue is not about how sensitive or resilient people are (that's a personal decision for each of us)... the issue is to not condone, minimise, excuse, or trivialise behaviour that is potentially hurtful, divisive, and adds zero value to contemporary society.
Very well stated.
But I wonder: does this mean that sarcasm is now dead?

The 3 Facts that fcks up highly sensitive footy players
The fact is No ones useless words can get under our skin without our consent

Another fact is that Mentally people tough can take useless words and not be fazed by them

The last fact is that to win a game you target weakness areas in players
Ezra Mann has exposed his high sensitivity weakness to the world and he is prone to be a psychological target . Players will not call him monkey but they will niggle him after they clean him up in tackles and stir him up when he makes a mistake and that is part of the game
You’re a ****ing loser. I wish you’d get permanently banned from this site. It’s actually embarrassing to know that there’s other supporters who act like you.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8