All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
What has swung me in favour of Pearce is his aggression .. without being ridiculous he plays with passion and often aggression.

This is something our left side has lacked with Green who was more the controlled tradesman ... a bit of hot blood may just make Winterstein and Kelly fire.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Seems he wants to come to Manly but his manager is determined to get the best possible deal out of us.

I agree with this SeaEagleRock8. He obviously wants to come to Manly but the money on offer is just not quite competitive enough with the other two. I'd say Gorman is busily trying to find a suitable TPA or sell off a lower order player or two. If the money is there we have him.

manly al

First Grader
I agree with this SeaEagleRock8. He obviously wants to come to Manly but the money on offer is just not quite competitive enough with the other two. I'd say Gorman is busily trying to find a suitable TPA or sell off a lower order player or two. If the money is there we have him.
All fair calls but i would just substitute ' obviously wants " to just prefer. Maybe the length of any contract plus relocation are also still playing on Junior"s mind but if it just comes down to money and which it probably will , at this stage we can not compete with the knights , so could be a case of reverting to plan ' B ' but would that be for this week or next week ?

The Who

Journey Man
How has Newcastle still got money in their cap? They have bought a heap of players, and because they are Newcastle they have had to pay overs for them.
I find all this speculation about player movement nauseating.
Eight days ago Channel Ten announced that Manly had signed Pearce. Done deal, according to this 'reliable' media source.
I am a former journo and I'm sickened by this generation of made-up stories. Because there is now a 24-hour media cycle once reliable news sources are concocting stories just to fill up space. There is very little difference now from the once journalist-resourced Fairfax and News Ltd publications and TV networks than to the fairy tale women's gossip magazines where 90% of content is fabricated.
Let's all grab a Bex and have a good lie down. The facts will all be revealed prior to the 2018 season, which is all that matters.

Jigzkiller

Bencher
Eight days ago Channel Ten announced that Manly had signed Pearce. Done deal, according to this 'reliable' media source.

The only source they had was that we released Green on the same day (and Gorman stated it was just a coincidence) so these twitter clowns like readingtheplay and Neil Evans made up stories about a deal being done when it is as clear as day that no deal has been done. Doesn't mean he won't sign with us but to suggest a deal has been done is and was a lie.

How has Newcastle still got money in their cap? They have bought a heap of players, and because they are Newcastle they have had to pay overs for them.
I find all this speculation about player movement nauseating.
I am a former journo and I'm sickened by this generation of made-up stories. Because there is now a 24-hour media cycle once reliable news sources are concocting stories just to fill up space. There is very little difference now from the once journalist-resourced Fairfax and News Ltd publications and TV networks than to the fairy tale women's gossip magazines where 90% of content is fabricated.
Let's all grab a Bex and have a good lie down. The facts will all be revealed prior to the 2018 season, which is all that matters.
Women's gossip magazines have more substance.

Ned

Bencher
They'll just get the best squad they can and release other players to get under the cap, they will have at least one halfback surplus to requirements if they get Pearce so Hodco or Lamb will get a nice paid holiday in England I'd expect.

The merry-go-round could continue for a while, especially if the rumors about Hayne are true i.e Taking his post season leave, collecting $180K from the titans then seeking a release to go to Parra when he's due back at training!!!

manly al

First Grader
What has swung me in favour of Pearce is his aggression .. without being ridiculous he plays with passion and often aggression.

This is something our left side has lacked with Green who was more the controlled tradesman ... a bit of hot blood may just make Winterstein and Kelly fire.
Just to be a contrarian , on the left side and maybe in my dreams , Lane and Parker [ or Tom Wright ] Most likely but , Baz will still start out with the status quo left edge for at least early next year , with or without Pearce .

manly al

First Grader
They'll just get the best squad they can and release other players to get under the cap, they will have at least one halfback surplus to requirements if they get Pearce so Hodco or Lamb will get a nice paid holiday in England I'd expect.

The merry-go-round could continue for a while, especially if the rumors about Hayne are true i.e Taking his post season leave, collecting $180K from the titans then seeking a release to go to Parra when he's due back at training!!!
Doubt that the Knights will release Lamb and there is nothing stopping Hodco from playing hardball if he does not wish to leave and to complicate their cap situation . James Feeney has already left the club i believe so admittedly that is one less half available there now .

Ned

Bencher
Doubt that the Knights will release Lamb and there is nothing stopping Hodco from playing hardball if he does not wish to leave and to complicate their cap situation . James Feeney has already left the club i believe so admittedly that is one less half available there now .
Trust me all these clubs will release anybody they if the opportunity serves them best, just look at how JR got into this situation to start with, and he's a 10 year premiership winner with 230 odd games for the team. If it means they get a crack at the premiership Lamb will go to the slaughter for sure.

As for playing hardball same could be said for Ferris and parcell last year, but look what happened. Some players will dig their heels in to get every cent due even if it means playing reserve grade but most actually like the game and playing it at the highest level so will choose a new opportunity over one that's already gone stale.

manly al

First Grader
I guess that if we also include Tom Symonds , Gutho and Hiku for that contention , you make some quite valid points there .

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned
Knights offering pearce 5 year deal.. iv been telling you hes going there. Twice the money. Gorman saying manky making moves still lol yeah because weve lost him.. maybe bobby should of stuck around for this last 1

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16