All NRL Games [Round 8, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Something to do with submarines which explains the black diagonal stripes but personally I can’t see it
I think they’re going for a dazzle camouflage scheme. Popular in WWI and still in use interwar and on occasion in WWII.

French light cruiser ‘Gloire’, c.1935:

IMG_9656.jpeg

A fair bit of feeling sorry for Souffs from commentators... mentioning periods of hanging in there and putting up some fight... Sure, they are missing Trell, but this team on paper should not be putting up performances like that. Pathetic.

I presumed @Under the Sticks knew this, hence the "I can't see it" comment
My presumption is that he wasn’t thinking along those lines. However only UtS can answer that.

This is from the Squall’s website.

“Melbourne Storm 2024 O'Neills Mens ANZAC Round Jersey

….The jersey also pays homage to the dazzle camouflage used by the Navy through WWI and WWII. Unlike other forms of camouflage, the intention of the dazzle is not to conceal but to make it difficult to estimate a target’s range, speed, and heading.* HMAS Melbourne(I) used this camouflage in WWI, as well as being featured on the floor of one of The Shrine courtyards.“

*That is the only submarine-related connection.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10