1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alex McKinnon

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by bones, Mar 24, 2014.

1. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Hope he is OK. That looked sickening the way his neck buckled underneath himself. He almost looked like he tucked his head under intentionally to try and roll over in the tackle.

2. joeboy

joeboy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +419 / 16
    How ****ing ruthless is cam smith arguing about a penalty while the guy is motionless on the ground and then after he is stretchered off. the penalty is for lifting cammie, true he moved his head, but it still would've been a penalty if it was just his face that hit the ground first! Get a grip you merkin.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Frogz

Frogz Don't mess with the goat, he has photos. Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,392 / 36
    Both Brandy and Noddy say that he shouldn't get charged...Fark me, Ive heard it all

4. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,747 / 57
    Guy could end up in a wheelchair and Smith wants to argue a penalty while Kingdog gets suspended for tackling someone. F***ing joke NRL.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    Sickening - hope he comes up ok.
    Best of luck mate.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    There were 3 spear tacklers and only Bromwich and McLaen on report :huh:

The kiddie was moving his arms, but it was a sickening tackle.

Lets see the NRL sweep this under the purple carpet :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Jeez this sounds horrible, I hope the guy is ok

8. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    Oh yeh, then when he started to realize how bad it could be he almost seemed to go out of his way to show he was concerned......what a tool. And the commentators kept saying how concerned Cam was. Must be good to be perfect like Cameron Smith is.

• Like Like x 2
  9. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,747 / 57
    Burgess gets one week for nearly taking a guys head off. Someone tell me this isn't rigged please.

10. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    If anyone gets any updates on the kid let me know

11. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +829 / 10
    Smith saying it was McKinnon's own fault for tucking his head back in. No acknowledgement from Smith that if he wasn't illegally lifted in the first place then McKinnon doesn't have to make a choice at all.

Not just that one tackle either.

The Storm appear to have replaced the third man coming in low and pulling the tackle down (now illegal), with instead the third man coming in under the thighs and lifting him over.

12. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    I do hope the boy is ok, it was a sickening tackle and an even more sickening display of petulance from captain drizzle, seriously when are the pinkies gonna stand up to this guy, he virtually referees games now. He is unfit to be a leader in our game after what he said tonight when a fellow professional was in a precarious position.

Rack off Smith!

• Like Like x 3
  13. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/alex-mckinnon-stretchered-off-in-neck-brace-after-horror-landing-from-awkward-tackle/story-fni3gf5j-1226863635897

14. wedgetail eagle

wedgetail eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,731 / 10
    The penalties favoured Melbourne 15-7 !!
    Of course, they favoured Melbourne, they should be called the Melbourne Possums, as they're a protected species.

15. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    I don't tweet much but I did put out a Silvertails tweet to Knights and Mckinnon telling him our thoughts are with him

• Like Like x 8
  16. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    It was pretty sickening watching it. He did contribute heavily to the way the tackle ended up but seeing him pointing to his mouth guard asking someone to take it out, so I presume he could breath properly was just about frightening to watch.

17. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    Yep I didn't want to watch it, but stupid telegraph sites assume you want to auto play videos so it started rolling and I ended up watching it. Pretty distressing thing to watch and my personal opinion is that the media shouldn't be showing it.

Apparently was moving his arms when he left, but no word on the legs. Really hope he is ok

18. Daveagle

Daveagle Well-Known Member

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Just another reason why mums will not let their kids play footy. Within a generation there will not be the numbers of quality players to keep the game alive .

Hope Alex makes a full recovery in the near future

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    They certainly drove in that tackle, but the actual process of the tackle wasn't too bad to be honest, and although someone was injured and sadly so, it just seems like a tragic accident, there didn't appear to be any malice in it

20. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    The onus of duty of care is with the tackler. Doesn't matter what McKinnon/GI did, as they are vulnerable.

The chilling, somber words of the Fox sideline man, when asked about an update is enough to expect the worst. He said that the Knights will make a statement :(

Thoughts and prayers to the kiddie :angel:

2013 Spear tackle :
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/serial-offender-richie-faaoso-must-receive-a-hefty-penalty-to-send-a-message-on-spear-tackles/story-e6frext9-1226630694654