AF Who ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
AF Who ?
All our forwards have stood up big time .We still have Aloiao coming back too .
Jake ,Keppie ,Pas, Marty & Sips take a bow. Running hard , hitting hard .Laying a great platform for the spine to have plenty of time to create opportunities.
Not missing AFB at all !

Losing Vera was a blow, especially for so long. But the upside is that Sipley is getting a crack and Kapow and Paseka playing longer minutes. Keppie has been good too. Always good to have 4 strong props rotating through that middle. Paseka has come on leaps and bounds this season. I can see him being talked about as one of the best props in the comp by the end of the year.

The other upside to losing AFB is the salary cap, which was a big reason in granting his release. You can’t have two props on 800k a season.
Paseka is doing a job for much less and Aloiai is half the cost of AFB but almost as good when you factor in his quicker play-the-ball. He might not skittle defenders as much but he finds his belly and gets up quickly which is better than fighting for post contact metres whilst the defence sets themselves for the next ruck.

The current rotation of the big boppers is working well, Tent, Keppie and Aloiai starting and Marty and Sipley adding impact and energy off the bench.

Impressive against Hass, Lodge and Fledgler.

Another good challenge against the Eels pack that many people rate.

I agree Al is a big loss, but of the other injured players the only one who would improve us would be Davey. Unfortunately we won't see him again this season.
I can't comment on Lawton but if he is as good as some are claiming then he would also improve the pack, but I'd need to see him playing for Blacktown before thinking about replacing Froggy who has progressively improved over the past four weeks.

And .. after 12 months of absence .. they are playing like a pack ... hunting and killing as a unit ... the forwards look like they have gelled ... even Marty seemed to buy in ... Paseka, then Keppie and Jake taking a third direct hit up as a team ... and our halves and backs are capitalising ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8