1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adequate

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Matabele, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Did what we had to do. Put a weakened side away with aplomb. Bravo.

2. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Yep nothing special. Weather didn't help. Defense looks really committed and we are really playing tough physical style, which is what really makes me think we are a big chance this year. Some lazy stupid penalties cost us some momentum at times. Attack got a little disjointed, really should be scoring points when you get 3 sets back to back. Did what we needed and got the two points.

3. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    We're only 1 point behind the Queens now. Should go ahead of them in 16 days time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,115 / 287
    We had Michael Robertson, William Hopoate, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough & Shane Rodney all unavailable. We are just as under manned as them.

We beat them like for like. I had them beating us by 8, due to complacency !!

5. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    I agree but don't underestimate the Cowboys defense tonight, it was quite good. This is also the best part of our game atm, we are only conceding 1 try a game lately!!!

6. chrisos

chrisos Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 19
    Happy to get the win,our on line defence was very impressive,we did enough in attack,too many undisciplined penalties though,if they had JT tonight he would have given us headaches,we can definitely improve on that win though.

7. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,840 / 103
    Yeah, we were better than just adequate. We never gave them a sniff of a win.

8. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    The Cows did defend well, I thought, and even without Matt Scott they were still plenty tough in the forwards. They'll beat a lot of teams this year. They already have:)

9. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I wonder if Tariq Sims will get breezed through the NSW revolving door for Game III?

10. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    Stuart won't change a winning side.

11. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,747 / 57
    The Cows were never in it. We blew them off the park and then just practised our defending for the rest of the game. A good tough hit out and still won by 20 points. Parra will be similar cannon fodder next week and then its the big one. Of course as usual the NRL manage to **** up the biggest game of the season with their no idea scheduling. How good would it have been to see he Steelers v Manly Sunday arvo at the SFS instead of Monday night in drudge town.

12. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    The last time Stuart was in charge of a winning side Dally Messenger was a boy.

13. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    In reply to your prediction I then had us winning by 16.

Na na ne na na !! ;)

14. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Stuart won't have a winning side.