• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought Woods went ok....but in a fast game at times looked sluggish and that lost ball on 2nd carry could have cost us big time.
Maybe bought more to the players than any of us know as he is experienced and played every rep level.
Personally would go for Keppie, who will be stinging after being dropped and simply has more youthful zest and mobility in his game and I reckon his best is yet to come.
In saying that, Woods does add to the squad imo and his effect is a positive 1 and a Massive congrats on being on the big arena to take down those Storm grubs.

Congrats to Woodsie. He got to live out his dream and should've had the try as well. He's a stop gap though and I don't see him being there long term this year. But I also have my doubts on Keppie as well. Toff certainly cemented his recall though.

He did just ok imo. Likely technically no better than Morgan Boyle would have but his enthusiasm was infectious and the other senior players seemed happy having him out there. We need this kind of energy every week.

I said in another thread he looked at bit rusty.
He also looked like he was enjoying himself - bet he's not missing St George!
Think it was Woods who told Jake to challenge his supposed knock on near the Melbourne line. Good call.

This is from his Insta stories...

Screenshot_20230415-082039_Instagram.jpg

Some of you are such hard markers , first game , no pre season training , probably one training run , nervous no doubt , drops a ball ( yes an error but guess what so did our million dollar fullback ) , doesn’t perform like the top prop in the game and you want to shaft him straight way.

Most of you have pre determined he’s crap , and wouldn’t matter what he did you’d hate him.

Good on him for last night, wasn’t a 5 star performance, but he did the job he was asked to do.

Was surprised that Arron was given the nod ahead of Keppie but can only assume that the coaching staff had enough valid reasons for it . Never had that tearaway type of play [ Woods ] but quite deceptively seems to make good and consistent yardage and effective enough in mid field defence . Experience no doubt a not inconsiderable factor as well . Toff has to be in the mix somewhere and Bullemor still doing good . Still rate Keppie regardless just have to see how it pans out over time and with the competitive nature of the comp at present , going to need some necessary level of depth , especially in the pack . Reckon that Samual Fainu still has something really worthwhile to offer in Manly i st grade when he will finally get a shot

I thought he went ok i would play him again next week too, thought sipley had earned his chance at least 2 to 3 weeks ago for blacktown so wont hurt keppie to match that level of enthusiasm and intensity and win his spot back

I think he will settle in nicely once he fully gels with the team. I think he deserves the opportunity to prove himself off the bench over the next couple of weeks vs the Tigers and Titans. Then we will know if he is fully up to it for our huge game vs the Broncos in 3 weeks time.

After a great win, it's easy to stand in defence of Aaron Woods, but he is not going to be good enough against top sides later in the year. He should plug an injury hole and nothing more. His stint last night was bog average.

Watching Souths, they have Moale and Suluka-Fafita coming off the bench; young tearaways with leg speed. They look like serious footballers and then we have a plodder like Woods come off the bench. In games where one team turns up and the other doesn't, you can get away with the type of stint that Woods gave last night. At Allianz, in September, you sadly won't.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8