1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A win puts us on the verge of ........

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Canteen Worker, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    The semis.

If we can win this weekend (big ask but not impossible considering the urgency of our cause) it puts us very close to certs for the semis. Dogs look gone and the Warriors and Roosters are struggling a way back.

We also need to win to stay in front of Storm, get in front of Sharks, Tigers etc to avoid the dreaded end of season trip to Suncorp. We have to get their first and I am not putting the cart ahead of the horse but I can sniff the semis and the only Semis I have seen for 9 years have been on Pennant Hills Rd. !pray: !pray: !pray:

2. c_eagle

c_eagle Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If we win on Sunday and the Raiders lose, we are certainties just about. The Bulldogs will have to win all their games and we'll have to lose all of ours, providing the 2 teams below us in the current top 8 don't falter aswell.

3. SilentBob

SilentBob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Everything keeps falling our way.

4. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    Well you blokes say that Manly is God's country

Personally I think North East NSW is much closer to heaven

5. Corso_Pete

Corso_Pete Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    If we beat the Knights I am confident that I will be buying admission tickets for the 2nd weekend of September.

We really have to finish better than 8th though, the thought of a going to Suncorp really does not enthuse me at all, I would much rather a journey out west to Parramatta, much better chance of winning there.

6. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    im hoping to play the tiges, they are inexperienced and could faulter - with hill, bk and beaver we have more finals experience, both are young teams that will learn a lot

7. c_eagle

c_eagle Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If the Cowboys beat the Tigers, we are equal 4th with 3 rounds to play. Only if we win, of course.

8. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    And one would think the Warriors game is something of a gimmee for us.

They have a round 26 bye so their minds will surely be on Mad Sunday/Monday.

9. c_eagle

c_eagle Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It will be Stacey Jones' last game in the NRL, I dare say they will be fired up.

10. SilentBob

SilentBob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Or hung over after his last game at Ericsson.

11. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    So CW, what you are saying is that THIS is the most important game of the year! Go Manly!

12. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Methinks there's been too much friction between Stacey Jones and team for them to be overly emotional about his departure.