A week off Silvertails

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

cc eagle

Bencher
I think I'll try and give ST a miss this week, so disappointed last night, I'm depressed, even more so when I read all the negative posts knocking our team, throughout the week we were the popular team, everyone loved our style of attack, so we played crap against the No 1 team.
So another game next weekend, who knows how we'll play, could easily turn around and we have 90% completions.
Anyway I'll tune back in to STs Friday ready for the next big game.

But I may come back sooner @:D

I think I'll try and give ST a miss this week, so disappointed last night, I'm depressed, even more so when I read all the negative posts knocking our team, throughout the week we were the popular team, everyone loved our style of attack, so we played crap against the No 1 team.
So another game next weekend, who knows how we'll play, could easily turn around and we have 90% completions.

Life comes with positives and negatives unless people live in a life of denial

And behind every negative is the beginning of a new adventure and chapter

Have a nice break feathered friend and what ever you do find a way to enjoy your self :)

Maaaaaattte ... a tip ... don't ever .. ever ... ever say ... "you're wrong dear" ... or read the game thread ... for both these things are certain to lead to brain damage ...

I said I was going to avoid the game day thread last night and I did last 20 minutes.

I expect you’ll be back to drink the drug that is Silvertails.

Why avoid ST. Don't understand what that will achieve. We've got 1 but hopefully 3 weeks left in the season then it's 5 months of boredom till it kicks off again. Make the most of it while you can is my philosophy. Who thought after Round 4 we'd be here at this stage still in it.

People are upset because there are players giving 50% effort. If we tore in and lost (like the last time we played Melbourne), so be it, well played, we tried. But there are a LOT of players who need a good look in the mirror at their performances this week.

Des needs to initiate a media ban. They let the gusto go to their heads and got embarrassed. This week, they'll likely cop a hammering (deservedly), so Des should shut the blinds, get their heads right, because The Chooks (even with 60% of their team out) would beat us easily if we came out with the same pathetic attitude.

People are upset because there are players giving 50% effort. If we tore in and lost (like the last time we played Melbourne), so be it, well played, we tried. But there are a LOT of players who need a good look in the mirror at their performances this week.

Des needs to initiate a media ban. They let the gusto go to their heads and got embarrassed. This week, they'll likely cop a hammering (deservedly), so Des should shut the blinds, get their heads right, because The Chooks (even with 60% of their team out) would beat us easily if we came out with the same pathetic attitude.
I did agree with Zorba this morning, when he said we didn't play finals footy, lack of intensity and aggression and played like it was just another game.
Bunnies showed the way to play in finals

Honestly, I would feel much worse being a Penrith fan. After being rampant all year, they laid a massive egg last night and now have to go through Melbourne, and that's if they get through a likely local derby with a suddenly in form Parra OUCH.

Manly have met Melbourne and despite the loss copped their lumps and came out unscathed. Manly are still alive and well. It was good, from when Melbourne got to 18 in front Manly expended no energy and just got through safe. They essentially only had to play 60 minutes of footy.

Easts on the other hand were smashed from pillar to post and despite getting the win they are on last legs. Manly will have the chance to work on a grinding patience game with them utilising the forwards because that is what it will take to beat the bunnies in 2 weeks. If we play laterally against Souths we get owned. That's why Croker will be a big in, and we have the chance to get that momentum. Bunnies can only be beaten through the forwards, and bringing in our backs on the back of forward momentum (oh, and holding the F%&King ball).

I think we will be much much better having played two games of finals footy before the qualifying final, so I'm bullish about our chances.

All in all, no damage done and I think we are well in the fight.

NYEagle

Last edited:

Cheer up CC, remember we're still alive! Whilst there are some negative posts on here, there are also many positive ones and they really soothe the disappointment for me.

Not sure where you're located, but I can assure you being in lockdown Silvertails gives me a huge distraction from Covid and all the doom and gloom. Without this forum, I would certainly have been mentally low these last few months.

Hang in there, all is not lost yet!

At least as far as I can see,we haven’t had any of the hare brained ideas that came out after the first 4 rounds like moving DCE to dummy half or TomT to centre etc

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8