A spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Stillman

Reserve Grader
Firstly, thank you Dan for maintaining this forum for conflict, celebration, heartbreak and YARTs for as long as you have.

You have given the most passionate maroon and white bespectacled a place to be ourselves under the privacy of clichéd user names and you owe us thousands of hours of our lives in the process. So thanks Dan!

I have been a passive member of silvertails.net for around 15 years now, making the occasional quip but mostly observing the chaos, helping to form my own opinions based on the varied views of our valued members here.

In this time I have formed the strongest opinions on our players, both positive and negative only for them to flip in a heart beat.

These opinions have been driven by my own observations, but also from the thousands of collective years of support from the silvertails.net forum members.

I was recently introduced to a Facebook group about our beloved, and the positivity was excruciating. The support following 2 of the weakest performances in my lifetime was unwavering and it reminded me of why we are silvertails, because we have our feet on the ground, we know the bad comes with the good and that a good challenging conversation is fun.

This forum is at its best when we are losing so keep it rolling fellas. Throw your wildest opinions in the air, we all want to hear them, that's Why we come back every bloody day.

Hopefully we pick up a lot more wins between the occasional reset of our Reality button and our last stretch of wins aligns with the biggest days at the end of the season.

Mitch in Berlin

Thanks @Stillman a great elucidation and reminder of the ST raisin detrer and the painfulness of too much positivity (speaking as someone who tends to be overly positive. Really I just like the colours so anything more is a bonus).
As for your occasional quips. There could never be too many quips, so never hesitate!

Thanks mate, it's always been my opinion that the community tends dictate its own direction and really it's not upon me to enforce my views or thoughts on everyone. That freedom in my opinion is a gift and should allow everyone to freely express and develop their own set of opinions. I should note, that I reference this specifically in regards to football, the players, the team and the club. I have strong feelings on other off topic areas that I see as dangerous and tend to stamp those out

From time to time we have had some people try to influence the tone of the site, some of those have been specific users, people from within the club or external trolls. We do our best and I say we because I do very little, it's mainly the moderators who help to facilitate the discussion. We do our best to foster open discussion about football, because blind loyalty is to love something to death.

I don't want to live or participate in a world where everything is perfect all the time.

Glad that you have enjoyed it and have seen the same thing we have with Facebook sites. We lose a lot of users to the Facebook groups because Facebook is the easy lazy option, but I also welcome that because that means we have a collection of loyal and dedicated people who seek a dedicated place to discuss things and that's the audience I would much rather be with.

Disclaimer: I am currently heavily medicated and half asleep

Are you familiar with supercallousedfragilemystichexedwithhalitosis?

Mahatma Gandhi walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of callouses on his feet. He also ate little, which made him frail and with his odd diet he (supposedly) suffered from bad breath.

Good thing we're wearing masks then :mask:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10