A poke in the eye for the idiots

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just announced he has been given leave to appeal and it will be heard ASAP, most likely friday night. News is on the front page

I really don't think the appeal will be successful. I don't think the point is whether he hit Marsh with his spit, or how far away Marsh is, or whether one leg is a little more behind the other one. It's more to do with the action of spitting and the intent therein. To me it seems clear that he spat in a offensive manner towards Marsh, regardless of whether he was trying to hit him or not. His action was intimidatory and deliberate. The argument that players spit all the time on the feild doesn't wash, sure everyone who plays sport probably spits plenty of times, but they choose to do it in a non-offensive, non-confrontational way, i.e in the back play.

Dunley knew what he was doing, he had time to give Marsh a verbal spray than to let loose with his low act. He deserves the 4 weeks. End of story.

I disagree - how can intent be proved?

It looks bad from behind Marsh because a zoom lens is employed and the space between them is forshortened.

The Ch 7 camera shows the golly lands miles away from Marsh. I just fail to see how spitting within a metre of another player deserves 2-3 weeks more than a spear tackle which endangers their life.

Which causes more disrepute to the game?

Channel 9m showed another camera angle on the footy show last night and Fatty said "I hope they don't show that"

Dunley is gone! sorry!

What did that angle show?

Interesting how one angle can show a clear miss whilst this one shows ??????????

They will push the line that the onus is on a player to ensure that nothing goes near another player! Not intent but outcome will be the issue!!!

As I have said - intent is subjective.

Why is the onus of proof on the player to show that he didn't intend?

[quote author=byso]
War....War....What is it good for....Absolutley nothin!

Say NO to War! Behave lads! Not all on ME are children!

Say no to war??

coming from a Liberal!

[/quote]

Gold!

[quote author=Daniel]
[quote author=byso]
War....War....What is it good for....Absolutley nothin!

Say NO to War! Behave lads! Not all on ME are children!

Say no to war??

speaking of war, i think we will be invading Bali sometime soon!!!!!

coming from a Liberal!

[/quote]

Gold!
[/quote]

Still trying to figure out Quotes huh Pepsi?

I have to stand corrected and count myself as one of the idiots. I still can't believe it, he should buy a lottery ticket. Anyway it's good for us.

Dunley successful in appeal
May 27, 2005 - 8:20PM

Page Tools
Email to a friend Printer format
Manly hooker Shayne Dunley has successfully appealed against a four-match suspension for spitting after a two-hour NRL judiciary hearing in Sydney.

Dunley's reprieve frees up the tough Manly utility for Sunday's clash with Penrith at Brookvale Oval.

Dunley was banned for four matches on Tuesday night after successfully having his grade five contrary conduct charge downgraded to a grade four.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8