1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a little stat for you blokes who want to smash hasler

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Cameron, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    hes now equaled bozo's record of 6 straight final series appearences

yet some arseclowns are calling for him to be punted

i wonder wat the vibe on here would be if the below side had played all year

stewart
    robbo
    farrar
    matai
    wolf
    lyon
    foran/hodko
    king
    ballin
    kite
    choc
    rodney
    g stewart

rose
    perry
    joe
    trex

2. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,700 / 256
    No smashing from me Cambo....although I think if he were to look back over the year he might have done a few things differently, but is that any different to any of us....hindsight is a wonderous thing to have...just a pity none of us have it.

3. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    none of us have hindsight???

I've found that in evidence to be one thing that isn't in shortage around here Mark..

4. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,700 / 256
    Fro....they just THINK they have hindsight....ie read experts "after" the games.

5. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    isn't that the very definition of hindsight though Mark? being able to know something after the fact?

6. Innes

Innes Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have no doubt we would have won this comp with all players on deck. Big call, but to compete with the number of set backs we have had this year is a feat in itself.

7. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    We have a serious problem with depth in certain positions. Not having a reserve grade hurts us. Our fullback and star winger have played one game between them this season. We lack pace as a result. Two many teams have run 80 metres or so to score when we have been dominant in the ruck.

It is not the coach that this the problem.

8. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    I take it I'm one of the 'arse-clowns' to whom you refer by daring to suggest that Des may have become stale. No-one is 'smashing' Hasler, as you state. And it's not a case of having 'hindsight'.
    For many months Forum posters have suggested that the team make-up, and the tactics, needed changing. The way we finished the second half of the season must surely show that we 'arse-clowns' had some valid points. Or are you happy the way we played?
    If Des is the sole selector, coach and tactician, then he is the one responsible for selecting certain players, and not getting the best out of others.
    Why doesn't someone ask Des now if he'd do things differently, with the benefit of hindsight?
    Of course much of the blame is on the players - but who keep picking the same non-performers?

9. paski_10

paski_10 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Des, in my opinion, is the best man and the right man for the head coaching job at Manly.

10. ERNIE FOR NO7

ERNIE FOR NO7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 1
    I am not going to argue one way or the other.

BUT let me tell you Des's decision to make the players stand  up during the half time break on Sunday  is the most absurd thing I have ever seen in sport.

I have a coaching background in athletics and I can tell you athletes are told never to stand still before an event. Standing still is far far worse than walking an even jogging.

It tightens leg muscles. It is absolutely performance detracting and no one with any sports science background can argue different.

11. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    True, true, Des just doesn’t take things seriously enough.  Lifes a joke for Des, he’s far too flippant, light-hearted, air-headed
    (here he is pictured in a rare thoughtful pose, moments after our greatest ever triumph)

[​IMG]

12. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,803 / 53
    Congratulation Des.

Six finals series in a row, two grand final appearances and one premiership is an excellent achievement.

13. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    I guess he is lucky the storm lost all their points.

14. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,803 / 53
    Although if they hadn't cheated we could be talking about 3 premierships instead of one.

15. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Look, I'm not a great fan of the Great Man.  He's human.  Coaches come and go, Ron Willy is an example of being punted the year after he won us a grand final.  That's life.  I'll see how he goes next year, but this year hasn't been one I'd be proud of, if I was him.  His selection of certain under performing players is a worry and the lack of an identifiable game plan is of concern.  Changing tactics when our speed went, wasn't evident as well.  The lack of improvement in certain players skills is another.  The retention of disloyal players is also a negative.  I didn't rate Bobby Fulton as a coach either.  There you go.  How democratic is that.

16. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,084 / 284
    Womens bottoms are definitely MY cup of tea. Does that mean I have good hindsight?

That was almost a Jatzism ! Hehehehehe

17. ayjay007

ayjay007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Des has a plan!Our fitness will pick up.By the end of the season we'll be fit and playing the full 80"!Under the radar!Ooops,seasons nearly over-same probs as start of the year.
    Des can't play the game for the guys,but if 40-0 was all Des,then a bad year has to fall to him a bit as well.

18. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    He has done great job again this year.

Getting a team riddled with injury, suspension and poor refereeing to the finals has been a great effort by both the coach and the players.

In Des I have 100% faith.

Cambo, nice use of the term arse clown.

PS Hows that wrist band thingy going.

(edit) Hey this is my 500th post.

19. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122
    And Ox couldn't play. You are a most discerning critic. Crap opinions, but very discerning.

20. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    If this has been a great year then I'm going to start selling ice to the eskimos. You lot have to be kidding yourselves.