1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8 from 8

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Daveagle, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Daveagle

Daveagle Well-Known Member

Hervey Bay
    +176 / 0
    Of the 8 premierships we have won, all 8 teams have been coached by an ex Manly player! I could be wrong but I would hazard a guess that at some point they were all ex captains also.

It's not a coincidence, it's a proven formula and it is in the clubs DNA that success comes from within.

Thanks Geoff, you bled for our team as its pound for pound toughest player ever. Hold your head high champion, you deserve so much better than this cowardly hatchet job.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. davohan123

davohan123 Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+971 / 55
    There are threads already made where u can post your appreciation of 2V's but I whole humbly agree with your post. I would love us to make the 8 just to rub it into management!!
  3. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

+6,479 / 117
    1972 and 1973 - Ron Willey - ex Manly player but was a Berries (if you will) junior.
    1976 and 1978 - Frank Stanton - ex Manly player and Sea Eagles junior.
    1987 and 1996 - Bob Fulton - ex Manly player but was a Wollongong junior.
    2008 and 2011 - Des Hasler - ex Manly player. Although born in Gosford I think he was a Penrith junior. Not 100% sure about that though.

That's our 8 premierships. All coaches were ex-Manly players, but only one was a local junior.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. master blaster

master blaster Well-Known Member

+674 / 4
    yeah Des is a penrith junior mate,you are a 100% right
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+6,247 / 44
    I thought this was a thread about my footy tipping
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

+6,619 / 118
    I thought it was a thread about what we need to win to get to the grand final.
    • Like Like x 1