1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$7-Million overhaul

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Who, Aug 11, 2011.

1. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,843 / 103
    I read that Belmore is being completely revamped for $7-Million, and the photos seem impressive. My question is: how can they do so much for $7-M when Brookie seems to look pretty much the same after several $Millions have been spent? Don't we have a commitment for this kind of money?

2. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Have you got a link to the photo's mate? Surely Since no one plays at Belmore, Brookvale could use this funding!

3. The Who

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,843 / 103
    Page 97 of today's Telegraph. Try leaguecentral.com.au

4. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,767 / 72
    The council put a bike track around the back of the Oval, did some gardening and put new roofs on the stands for approx $7 mill...........................

5. Blake

Blake Active Member

North Narrabeen
    Ratings:
    +90 / 1
    Im pretty sure my tile out the front of Brookie probably set the council back several million. Sorry guys.

6. The Who

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,843 / 103
    The irony is that Canterbury can't play at Belmore until 2015 because they are contracted to ANZ Stadium. This will be just a training facility. (There are 12 photos on www.leaguecentral.com.au). It looks tremendous.

7. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Essendon have just announced a redevelopment of their own to a new training facility which will cost close to $30m and guess what? They have secured federal and state funding as well (not for the full amount mind you).

8. Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +742 / 16
    Because Warringah Council has always been divided over any redevelopement of Brookie,I doubt it if the council has ever lobbied State and Federal Governments for any funding.
    To my knowledge the only lobbying came from Kerry Sibra when they received $6 million from the Iemma government.

9. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,245 / 7
    Have the club in conjunction with the Council form a strategic partnership with one of the TV renovation shows & develop a production in which Manly supporting tradies are given the opportunity to work on a Brookie redevelopment.

Good economic & tourism outcomes for the region, while getting a low cost Brookie revamp.

10. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    The Block - Brookvale Park

11. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    The problem is that while money is available, and everyone seems to he getting it the owners of the ground are not asking for it. ie. the council. How many studies, community consultations and redesigns do we need?

12. CussCuss

CussCuss Active Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 1
    I believe the plan is to spend 90% of it on designs for grounds that hold 2000 people.

13. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    That many?