666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
Guys like Hodko and Carney with their questionable form and injury situation and only then serving as a stop cap measure , is probably not the best way to go and when there are already of course a couple of contenders in the club . Important to get some combinations to gel or some familiarity before next season but still time to look at other options essentially without injury or other concerns . I am not sure what the go is with Carney , he has signed with and returned to the Nth Qld Atherton club and maybe to even look at a post footy career. The other consideration is that D C E played every game last year and Green only missed one or two i think , so at least some reasonable depth in the halves is really required if there are some or more half"s injury issues or concerns next season

I hear support for Norman & carney

Quickest way to ever to stifle tom , jake and every other player who are our future and are rebuilding our manly culture

Keep them away at all costs

From Buzz’s Monday column

SHOOSH
Don’t be surprised if the Manly Sea Eagles make a play for Parramatta Eels five-eighth Corey Norman as a replacement for Blake Green.

Good to see he took enough of a break from the turps to glean some fresh rumours from this forum.

If they where on the open market now I say their would be a massive bidding war and would fetch much more than what they are on at the moment. I say the exention is fair for both parties at the time.
Jake and Tom were resigned at a time when the Dragons were quite publicly reported as being prepared to offer a package deal slightly more then they finally signed with Manly . Almost certain, they never intended to leave Manly but a fairly substantial and market value contract was still really necessary for both to contently stay with the Sea Eagles . As for Norman , talented player but best to avoid his services and presence at Manly , me thinks .

Not to mention Snake was a once in a generation footballer with blinding speed. Therefore if it can happen to him, it can certainly happen to Hodkinson who was a limited but wholehearted and honest first grader; nothing more.
if Snake had an injury free career I have no doubt he would have stayed Kangaroo fullback, and Slater would have had a completely different rep career.

I’m back ( not that I ever really left).

Never realised how much free wifi was available in Asia, it’s everywhere!!

Had I known I wouldn’t have made such a fuss about being away.

Anyway at least I’m in the same time zone now!

Yeah, I hear they even have electricity now as well!

lol

Welcome back! Enjoy rehab. :)

Where's our presents?

if Snake had an injury free career I have no doubt he would have stayed Kangaroo fullback, and Slater would have had a completely different rep career.

You could be correct there. Although Slater was the incumbent Kangaroos fullback after the Centenary Test, Snake was actually chosen as the first choice fullback for the 2008 RLWC squad after his great form at the back end of the NRL season. Unfortunately however he had to pull out of the squad with a shoulder injury and he never got another chance. His 2009 never really got going for reasons we already know, then he did his knee again during round 1 of 2010 and by the time he came back in 2011, Slater had cemented his spot in the national team.

With Qld continuing to dominate Origin the only chance Snake would have had to reclaim his test spot was either a NSW win (didn't happen) and/or Slater getting injured. Ironically, he did get injured during the 2011 Four Nations, but Snake wasn't in the squad having once again being ruled out with injury before it started after great form leading to Manly's 8th premiership, and it was Darius Boyd who took over moving from the wing.

Unfortunately for Snake, after his one test in Wellington in 2007, his international career was killed by a series of injuries which greatly helped Slater's international career. Its a sad thing because although I may be biased, I think Snake was the better player. He was faster, had better skills and was a better defender. But with his rep career record and his record with Melbourne, history will show Slater as the better fullback with all but Manly fans.

Last edited:
Norman is a pretty talented player but his negative influence (I'd presume) would make it not worthwhile.

You do good things on a football field regardless of the number on your back. Gutho played 8 games at 5/8 last season and the Eels lost 4 of them. So they won a measly 4 games last year with Gutho at 6.

He has no kicking game to speak of and he is runner of the ball. If he was so devastating at 6, I doubt Mitchell Moses would have been sounded out. It's pretty clear to anyone with little more than a casual interest in the game that Gutherson was a stop gap solution at 6 for the Eels.

I think some of you guys have a partial set against Gutherson because he walked out. The claim about Parra only winning 4 of 8 while Gutho was 5/8 neglects to indicate the players absent esp Norman for many of those games. Meanwhile Gutho was star of at least 5 of those games averaging 20 tackles a game, 8 line breaks, 4 tries, and as I continue to point out I am only one voice. Check out the assessments of the media. They brought in Moses because they wanted to firm up the backline. French is not a full back. Gutherson is. They were strengthening the three spots after having only two of those spots with a class player filling in. I suggest those with this set against Gutho check out some of the comments on the Parramatta supporters site. Will get things in a little better perspective.

Dear Moderator that merged my thread ....

It may have been lost on you, but the reason I created a separate thread was to get away from the asinine stupidity of a thread that is asking me to vote for dead people and players who don't even play for Manly ..

The distinction may be small in your mind ... however I assure you the difference between reality and fantasy is worthwhile maintaining .... otherwise we are no better than North's supporters dreaming of a return ... and therein lies madness!

Dear Moderator that merged my thread ....

It may have been lost on you, but the reason I created a separate thread was to get away from the asinine stupidity of a thread that is asking me to vote for dead people and players who don't even play for Manly ..

The distinction may be small in your mind ... however I assure you the difference between reality and fantasy is worthwhile maintaining .... otherwise we are no better than North's supporters dreaming of a return ... and therein lies madness!

Come on Woodsie. Where's your adventure. Vote for Dally Messenger at 5/8. I understand he's not under contract at the moment.

I hear a rumour from a mate at Dogs that $Forme isn't particularly happy that Des isn't going to be at Bankstown next year. That was one of the main reasons he signed as he respects Des and feels like he can help him get back to his best.

Does he now look to get out and come back to another environment that is familiar and supportive ??

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10