5 weeks of dominance to come?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle9413

Forward Pass
I think this 5 week period will be our strongest this season:

Round 17: Dragons (Brookvale Oval)
Round 18: BYE
Round 19: Warroirs (Nib Stadium, Perth)
Round 20: Rabbitohs (Allianz Stadium)
Round 21: Knights (Brookvale Oval)

I know it is to little too late, but let's just focus on giving Jamie Lyon the Farewell he deserves. I expect us to win against the Dragons, Warriors and Knights, including the BYE (8 points). Who knows with the Rabbits game.

Have you seen our team? We havent won a game since April.

Will be lucky to win 2 of those games, plus the bye. Absolutely no hope of beating the Warriors.

I actually think the Newcastle 17 is better than ours now that injuries have taken so many players.

But you are right its our best opportunity to grab 8-10 points, I just dont see it happening.

Its not impossible.

We get back DCE, Killer and Walker from Origin (we will lose him for 1 more game) and we could go ok. Not saying we'll win every game there but I'm not discounting it.

Gotta have something to at least look forward to.

Oh, and the game after the Knights? doesn't-matta at Pirtek on a Friday night.

Its not impossible.

We get back DCE, Killer and Walker from Origin (we will lose him for 1 more game) and we could go ok. Not saying we'll win every game there but I'm not discounting it.

You would think that only losing 2,1 and 1 players to each origin would see us kicking ass during this period.

Its not impossible.

I was actually wondering about Morgan, he's out for a month does that mean Walters will pick DCE as utility or go in with 4 forwards as its only a dead rubber?

Interesting. Calling DCE into the Qld team would definitely piss off a lot of Qld supporters.....and a few of their legends.

Might be worth it just for that alone lol.

I was actually wondering about Morgan, he's out for a month does that mean Walters will pick DCE as utility or go in with 4 forwards as its only a dead rubber?
Morgan did nothing in either Origin 1 or 2 so they may as well replace him with a forward.

Will be surprised if DCE is selected:
a) Not in great form
b) For whatever reason it seems like some people inside the team (as well as some two-headed deadbeats with access to a megaphone or microphone) don't want him there.

Chances are he would be the scapegoat if Queensland lost the game anyway.

Last edited:
positivity is great to see, but i cant see it happening... in regards to getting lyon,dce and walker back, weve HAD them on the park together, and looked like a team with no idea how to construct an attacking set of 6, i dont see that changing over night... imo the dragons and warriors should do us fairly easily, i think we are on par with the knights and bunnies so those are 50/50 games for mine

DCE and Lyon in the halves will at least give us a decent kicking game other than what amounts to midfield bombs while Walker in his best position at centre is an attacking option with his speed on the right edge. It should also mean we have better late tackle options.

That combination in those positions has only played one full game together - against the Sharks. They then played another half a game against Canberra before we lost both DCE then Lyon and we were well in that game at 6-6 until DCE's injury.

I know it is to little too late, but let's just focus on giving Jamie Lyon the Farewell he deserves. I expect us to win against the Dragons, Warriors and Knights, including the BYE (8 points). Who knows with the Rabbits game.

Just love your optimism mate, if you are right you'll make a lot of us on here very happy.

I'm hoping for a least two wins before the end of the year , the game v the Knights and the far less likely ( but emotion may play a factor) round 25 clash v the Raiders which I'd suggest is where we will be saying farewell to not only Jamie Lyon but the 2 others as well.

A glorious upset win, for their last home game would certainly put a smile on my dial.

Look I can see a unicorn jumping over a rainbow. Wow so pretty.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8