3rd Party deals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: 3rd Party deals

I believe that if they are by a club related sponsor, organised by the club, or only available whilst the player is at the club, then yes, it counts.

If it is a sponsorship that would make no difference where they played (ie - Marshall and the Footy Show), then it doesn't count.

3rd party deals were introduced because some high profile players were able to command significant cash to promote a business or appear as a commentator (Ala Smith on Fox).

The NRL allows 3rd party deals with businesses that are not a current sponsor of the club and the club cannot make any guarantees in relation to any income derived from that 3rd party deal. I don't think the club can even arrange the deal, it has to be negotiated separately by the players agent.

Unfotunately some clubs such as the donkeys have abused the system through their thoroughbreds group of businessmen who routinely organise 3rd party deals to top up players contracts.

From http://www.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/salarycap/tabid/10434/default.aspx which outlines all cap restrictions for all club teams including Toyota Cup.

In 2006, the NRL also introduced an allowance for players who enter into Third Party Agreements with club sponsors. In 2011, the top 25 players are allowed to earn up to a maximum $300,000 from sponsorship leveraging but the total payments under these sponsorship leveraging agreements must not exceed $300,000 per club.

Third Party Agreements

Third party agreements are payments made by companies directly to players. There is no restriction on the amount a player can earn through third party agreements where he is being paid for his own intellectual property, without the need to employ club logos or names and where the company involved is neither a club sponsor nor are they acting on behalf of a club to secure the player’s services. An example of this is a player promoting a brand or product, for example, Billy Slater and Australian Bananas.

Many players do have third party agreements that are outside the salary cap. Individual players have registered third party agreements totalling in excess of $7.5 million in 2011.

All third party agreements must be registered and approved beforehand. This is to ensure that they do not become a way for clubs or players to use sponsors or third parties to undermine the salary cap. There are provisions for club sponsors to enter into agreements with elite players and for details see the Marquee Player Allowance section (which I believe is 300k *MB).

I started a thread about this a week ago, surely Penn, Quantum and Delmege could have mates not associated with the club to sponsor some players.

Hugh jackman could sponsor each player 50 000..

Is it weird that such a high profile supporter doesn't seem to be utilised by the club at all, if only for marketing( but the dollars would be nice too!)

The club had better not be sitting on there hands, it's kinda imperative they drop some good news this week!

haha I'll give DCE free access to the tipping comp, now that's value

joeboy said:
Hugh jackman could sponsor each player 50 000..

Is it weird that such a high profile supporter doesn't seem to be utilised by the club at all, if only for marketing( but the dollars would be nice too!)

The club had better not be sitting on there hands, it's kinda imperative they drop some good news this week!

The Wolfman could be in Wolverine!!!!

Gotta remember we need some for Foran also.......come on 1000 people for $500....how hard can it be

Come on...Eagles Angels....Lets start a fund....Lets get onto the big end of town....You all have connections.....just a few grand here a few grand there...here a grand there a grand...everywhere a superstar player staying.....

Emergency 3rd party

Ok so why not an emergency 3rd party agreement. If we the fans set up a $2 company and get 5000 fans to donate or buy shares to the value of $20 that's 100k to help keep dce. Hell 2companies and donate an average of $40 each that's two 3rd party deals of 100 k each??? Its that or Manly can register as a religion and stop paying tax and as we all worship on Sundays we are half way there. I think you only need 500 members to start a religion. Praise Bozo!

RE: Emergency 3rd party

a party? oooooh will there be a cake?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8