3 major problems with 2nites game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

nodd

Bencher
1. Having to admit that NSW were the better team and deserved the win.

2. That no-one knocked Ennis's head off.

3. Having to listen to coaltrain,steam train, runaway train, whatever other train He could think of, from R.Warren every time Taylor touched the ball.

My one problem was:

Jamie Soward

The little prancing poser taking shots for goal. I was in two minds each time he kicked. That he's a St Choker w**ker and he was playing for my Blue team.

OK he hit the upright on his first attempt then hid in the defensive line for ages until he had to kick down field on the 5th each time. That was the only time he was seen.

Then he set up the winning try.
God I hate his kicking style - the prancing pony or was it those pigeon steps he does - puffs his non-existent chest out - then he boots - and they were bloody good kicks!

But we won! yaaahhh!

Now he's back to St benny's team again so I can despise him once again!

lismore_fan said:
My one problem was:

Jamie Soward

The little prancing poser taking shots for goal. I was in two minds each time he kicked. That he's a St Choker w**ker and he was playing for my Blue team.

OK he hit the upright on his first attempt then hid in the defensive line for ages until he had to kick down field on the 5th each time. That was the only time he was seen.

Then he set up the winning try.
God I hate his kicking style - the prancing pony or was it those pigeon steps he does - puffs his non-existent chest out - then he boots - and they were bloody good kicks!

But we won!   yaaahhh!

Now he's back to St benny's team again so I can despise him once again!

read this article, it made me spill my cocopops

Jamie Soward has nothing left to prove after shining on State of Origin stage

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/soward-silences-the-doubters/story-e6frexv9-1226076054353

Another major problem is Mark Gasnier! He is absolutely useless and runs sideways more than a crab........

Soward saved a few tries. His first goal kick was all nerves. Then kicked them fromthe sidelines.

QLD took over for 10min after that missed kick. Thats the only the 70 other mins were all Blues!

Soward reads the play very well he seems to always be there covering in defense, he also impressed me by trying to tackle Taylor, that was gutsy from a small bloke, not so gutsy of Taylor to run at the smallest bloke, but Queensland will take any advantage they can, and sportsmanship takes a very distant back seat.

As for Gasnier, he is average at best at this level, he fills a hole but adds absolutely nothing.

I am hesitant to mess with this team too much but if I had to make changes the two players I would lose would be

Gasnier and Creagh, with Hayne in a very dubious position, especially if he sulks the whole game like last night.

Uate had a top game IMO and I would love to see the go forward and defense of Wolfman and Uate as the wingers. They both eat metres and run like forwards, would probably have the edge over the wingers for Queensland.

Jennings, if fit would come in for Gasnier and really anyone could fill in for Creagh the big cat.

We looked more dangerous in attack with Gidley, but looked weaker in defense. but Gidley running from dummy half and playing sometimes as a pseudo half really helped. P.S. I hate Gidley especially last year as captain, but he had a very solid game last night.

Hayne looked like he was sulking and going to cry half the game, and for mine still does not deserve his spot in the team with so many other quality wingers running around at the moment.

Bird is another who probably needs to lift his game, especially in defense, who plants their feet on their line, and he did it several times through the game, he redeemed himself with a few good runs though.

Choc was solid, but didn't do anything special, not sure where all this praise for him has come from. He had a solid game for sure, but was a long way behind Gallen.

Gallen, what can you say, that was a true captains knock, and one of the best perfomances for a forward or any NSW player for a long time. That was the sort of game that you will say "remember than origin when Gallen, played 80 minutes out of position in Prop and showed everyone up?"

What an incredible game by a bloke I didn't really like that much before this year, always a solid player but had an attitude problem. He has totally turned things around and was outstanding last night!

Daniel said:
Soward reads the play very well he seems to always be there covering in defense, he also impressed me by trying to tackle Taylor, that was gutsy from a small bloke, not so gutsy of Taylor to run at the smallest bloke, but Queensland will take any advantage they can, and sportsmanship takes a very distant back seat.

As for Gasnier, he is average at best at this level, he fills a hole but adds absolutely nothing.

I am hesitant to mess with this team too much but if I had to make changes the two players I would lose would be

Gasnier and Creagh, with Hayne in a very dubious position, especially if he sulks the whole game like last night.

Uate had a top game IMO and I would love to see the go forward and defense of Wolfman and Uate as the wingers. They both eat metres and run like forwards, would probably have the edge over the wingers for Queensland.

Jennings, if fit would come in for Gasnier and really anyone could fill in for Creagh the big cat.

We looked more dangerous in attack with Gidley, but looked weaker in defense. but Gidley running from dummy half and playing sometimes as a pseudo half really helped. P.S. I hate Gidley especially last year as captain, but he had a very solid game last night.

Hayne looked like he was sulking and going to cry half the game, and for mine still does not deserve his spot in the team with so many other quality wingers running around at the moment.

Bird is another who probably needs to lift his game, especially in defense, who plants their feet on their line, and he did it several times through the game, he redeemed himself with a few good runs though.

Choc was solid, but didn't do anything special, not sure where all this praise for him has come from. He had a solid game for sure, but was a long way behind Gallen.

Gallen, what can you say, that was a true captains knock, and one of the best perfomances for a forward or any NSW player for a long time. That was the sort of game that you will say "remember than origin when Gallen, played 80 minutes out of position in Prop and showed everyone up?"

What an incredible game by a bloke I didn't really like that much before this year, always a solid player but had an attitude problem. He has totally turned things around and was outstanding last night!
Great summary Dan.
Spot on re Hayne - he sulks big time. He is like a spoilt 2 year old.
I thought Choc was impressive apart from his stupid error on their goal line. He always seems to chuck in an error like that. Gasnier I agree is past it. Uate is awesome. Really damaging. And as for Gallen. Inspirational. I too didn't like him but gotta respect his effort big time. Our Hoppa - amazing. He is so gifted and strong.

I thought Soward played alright (though I still can't stand the bloke) but I do have one complaint about his style. He sits 15m behind the line in attack, which obviously is to give himself more time, but unless he kicks (in which case he will have to run everyone onside) he puts the team back an extra 10m or so. There were times when he ran the ball and NSW lost 5-10m on the play because he couldn't make enough ground to negate his positioning. When we play the dragqueens, we can certainly make use of his cowardliness and really stop their go-forward.

I think some of the earlier comments have come from people who watched the match on TV, where you don't always get the right overall impression. I was lucky enough to have great seats near the fence near the 40-metre line and from my observations:
* Gasnier is no longer anything special. Could be replaced by Jennings if the latter is fit
* Soward had a poor game except for the last minute try he set up. It was only the second time he ran in the match. He does not get involved enough for a 5/8 at this level, and then defends on the right wing where he was shown up several times. I'm not a big fan of his, but there is no ready-made replacement now that Toddy is off the drink
* Lewis is a great player, and should start
* Choc was excellent, despite carrying an injured ankle for the last 30 minutes. He should have received a penalty when pushed over playing the ball near the Qld goal
* Hayne was OK imo, and Uate awesome
* Gallen's performance was as good as they get
* Hoppa Jrn's injury looked serious to me
* Ricky Stuart proved me wrong in this match, but I reserve my judgement until/if NSW wins the series

bazeagle said:
I thought Choc was impressive apart from his stupid error on their goal line. He always seems to chuck in an error like that.
I think Choc was fishing for a penalty, if he had just concentrated on a quick play the ball we probably would have scored anyway.

Gallen reminds me of a WWF wrestler has gone from villain to hero in a short space of time, wonder when he will go back to villain :)

Utility Player said:
bazeagle said:
I thought Choc was impressive apart from his stupid error on their goal line. He always seems to chuck in an error like that.
I think Choc was fishing for a penalty, if he had just concentrated on a quick play the ball we probably would have scored anyway.

Gallen reminds me of a WWF wrestler has gone from villain to hero in a short space of time, wonder when he will go back to villain :)

I thought that they were hanging all over him and gave him no chance to play the ball, they should have been penalised before he dropped it anyway.

Then on the replay seeing slater grab his leg and pull it to make him fall just confirmed it and made the ref look a fool by saying "You shouldn't have walked forward"

He was hard done by on that one, but they know how to play Choc in the ruck

I thought Gallen was well deserving of MOM and Lule Lewis seemed to be everywhere when he came on. Lewis should be in the run on side and not off the bench.

I have had a new found respect for Gallen for some now, he has taken all the bulls**t out of his game and actually plays the game.

Agree about Gasnier and Hayne. Overrated, overpaid tossers.

Hoppa Jnr had a great debut. The man can play any position. It was great to see him score a try against that scumm sucking feral poonce Slater.

Daniel said:
Then on the replay seeing slater grab his leg and pull it to make him fall

It's good to see that I'm not the only one who spotted the Grub doing that.

The Who said:
I think some of the earlier comments have come from people who watched the match on TV, where you don't always get the right overall impression. I was lucky enough to have great seats near the fence near the 40-metre line and from my observations:
* Gasnier is no longer anything special. Could be replaced by Jennings if the latter is fit
* Soward had a poor game except for the last minute try he set up. It was only the second time he ran in the match. He does not get involved enough for a 5/8 at this level, and then defends on the right wing where he was shown up several times. I'm not a big fan of his, but there is no ready-made replacement now that Toddy is off the drink
* Lewis is a great player, and should start
* Choc was excellent, despite carrying an injured ankle for the last 30 minutes. He should have received a penalty when pushed over playing the ball near the Qld goal
* Hayne was OK imo, and Uate awesome
* Gallen's performance was as good as they get
* Hoppa Jrn's injury looked serious to me
* Ricky Stuart proved me wrong in this match, but I reserve my judgement until/if NSW wins the series

I especially liked the bit where you hinted that Todd Carney was boring and **** now he's sober. I thought the same thing the other day. Take yourself off the clothesline Todd. NSW needs you!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7