1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2SM Talkin Sport

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Peter C, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +741 / 16
    Normally I don't listen to this show because there is always an anti Manly and pro Bulldogs flavour about it.
    But this week takes the cake, I tried to listen to it, but hearing all those inbred listeners whose views regarding the events of the last week are so twisted by their hatred of Manly, that it has put me off listening to it for life.

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    I like how people are now saying the Manly players were kicking Blair whilst he was on the ground

3. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +490 / 6
    On one of the angles I thought I saw Robbo pull a flick knife out of his sock...............it's just not on.

4. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    The anti Manly part of the show is only from the callers, not from Graham Hughes. He might be biased towards his doggies, which is is understandable, but he has been as fair as anyone in his opinions on firstly the Brett Stewart saga and now the events of last Friday night.

5. vidmar

vidmar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0
    I'm listening to 2SM (As I try to if I'm home office based) and I generally found them to be pretty fair towards Manly.
    Graham Hughes asked David Gallop the same questions that a lot of Manly fans would have asked regarding Brett's treatment from the NRL and (I think) been accurate and impartial regrding events on Friday - especially when callers have tried to "beat up" the story or push the "Anti- Manly" agenda

6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    yep Hughesy gives us a fair go, he is not a Gallop fan which you also have to respect him for. He was pretty tight with Lowey from their NZ commentary days, so that's where part of the Manly love comes from.

Tunks is a waste of space, packed into too many scrums.

7. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    On the 'not a Gallop fan', has any met someone who is? Universally hated it seems.

8. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    I'm positive we used nunchucks and knuckle dusters. In fact I'm sure I saw Gift in hell in a cell on Raw.

9. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    they are pretty much balanced today with the occasional moron that rings up

10. Bulli Eagle

Bulli Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    i've been listening (as i mostly do) to talkin sport since the game and i tell you what, i was THAT close to firing off an email to them the other with tunk's STUPID carrying on bout glenn. he is bias against us BIG TIME beyond common sense. i now try not to listen to it in the arvo on the way home when he's on. i agree with graeme hugheson this and the brett matter, as least he gives a somewhat CONSIDERED opinion. tunks, he just carries on like a bloody know-it-all. he ALWAYS talks over the callers when he doesnt agree with their opinion. i'm sick of him. we all should send an email to the head of the station to voice our disapproval (fat lot of good that will do) lol

as for the nuffeys ringing with a personal agendas in this matter......:rolleyes:

11. Andy 1972

Andy 1972 Active Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    All Gallop's fans seem to be at News Limited. Anyone reading their stories this week would think he was Mother Theresa.

Andy1972
    Manly Forever.

12. Central Coast Eagle

Central Coast Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    Yeah Tunks was driving me crazy on Monday and Tuesday, but Hughes has been level headed about the whole situation.

13. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    How funny was the caller Robby 'they are pushing Mobiles into the ground at Rookwood (a cemetery) to get more Manly Bashers on line :)

14. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,338 / 60
    Forgive them, for they know not wee from poo.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    Hughes was always anti manly until Lowey became CEO, but since then he has been excellent and all of them including tunksy supported snake through his trials and feel he was unfairly treated by gallop. Tunksy used to give me the ****s, however his role on the show is to be an idiot and a smartarse so just ignore him.

16. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I can live with blatant bias, because it's noticeble. I have more problems with the sly comments, Sterlo for example never misses an opportunity to put the boot in. He jumps on board the good things but you know he's still filthy about Jamie Lyon leaving the Eels.

17. ssar

ssar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 4
    Yea, I occasionally listen to talkin' sport a bit on the way home from work.

Hughes is a knowledgable & pretty fair guy.
    But Tunks, this week, has lost almost all credibility in my eyes, forever.

I too was mulling over wording an email have a go at him, and send similar to Continuous Call Team, Big Sports Breakfast & ABC Grandstand Sport.

Talkin' Sport, sadly, is rife with bloody ads and those stupid songs they play when coming back from a break/news etc. that's usually a crap song and they play way too much of it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +741 / 16
    Just caught the end of a conversation on this show, they were saying something about Steve Menzies talking to ASADA ,as if he's some whistle blower, WTF?

19. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,343 / 111
    Refer them to Beavers tweet the other day.

20. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Steve Menzies ‏@SteveMenzies11
    Just want to let u all know that Ive had no contact with ASADA at all.I know Manly are cooperating with ASADA & r doing all they can to help