2025 recruitment & retention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Great point , I think they’ll have about 3.4 million to spend , which really means about 8 million.

They will be doing some serious damage to the player market for 2025.

It’ll be virtually impossible to get any of the top players , for any position they want .
They’ll offer a top forward , $500k on the cap , $350k in third party payments and a sign on bonus of 50% off a 1.8 million Bondi apartment that can be flicked in a few years for a 2 million profit.

And they’ll fund the players kids private school education for the life of the contract & any extensions.

And Uncle Nick will ensure they get the latest , greatest car for them & another for their wife.

I’m not sure any club can compete with that, it’s a complete Rort , it’s happening and the NRL turn a blind eye.
But if that was us wouldn't be allowed on bit
Roosters will be contenders for years to come
We are just a minor player these days sad to see
Can't see a title in the 10 years sadly

And Uncle Nick will ensure they get the latest , greatest car for them & another for their wife.
I’m not sure any club can compete with that, it’s a complete Rort , it’s happening and the NRL turn a blind eye.
I say Power to Uncle Nick and the Roosters
Power to All the ones that have the ability to rise above mediocrity

Nick came from a war torn poverty stricken Greece with Nothing and turned his challenges into opportunities
Not all people have the ability to turn their challenges into opportunities
This why we should admire and respect people that do and we should aspire to be like them.

The salary cap is a challenge for all clubs
Some clubs find difficulties and the smart ones find opportunities AND prevail

Excuses ..
But we dont have rich benefactors ?
Really?.... Neither did the Roosters before they found Nick
The Moral of the story
Lets Stop fking Winging and start fking find ways in making progress
Excuses are a sign of incompetence and a total waste of time

EXCUSES ARE FOR LOSERS !
1714809857836.png

Last edited:
So Brown is injured - AGAIN. Sorry, with a top heavy salary cap, we can't keep paying players to ride the pine any longer (and I've said before, that includes ANYONE in that top 30) - let another team pay to rehab them.

Secondly, we need to get leaner, faster, fitter, more mobile (particularly in the forwards). I think our backline is pretty set.

Lastly, character guys are great, but we need more than just tackling machines from some. It's 2024 - look at Yeow at Lock for example, or Hookers like - well - all the rest who can run, pass, kick, make a line break, score etc.

Recruiting for 2024 with 4 spots needing to be filled by June 30 is interesting with the balance for 2025.

Off contract end of 2024.

Nathan Brown - In discussions for contract extension.
Gordon Chan Kum Tong - Nothing of note for extension as yet.
Jamie Humphreys - Nothing of note for extension as yet.
Karl Lawton, - Gone
Matt Lodge - In negotiations for contract extension.
Ray Vaega - Nothing of note for a contract extension.
Corey Wadell - Nothing of note for contract extension.

2025 New top 30 Additions.

Dean Matterson
Clayton Faulalo
Aitasi James

2024, 26 players currently signed in the top 30.

2025, 23 players currently signed in the top 30,

Dollars wise in the cap is one of the variables along with positional in the squad, getting a decent backrower for this season is a challenge with what’s available and the duration of the contract.

The only players not used in the 30 squad this season are Brad Parker, Jake Arthur, Jamie Humphries and Ben Condon.

Woods and Matterson on development contracts have been used.

LOOK I know we've a good team and very confident we'll go far this year. We might not win for sure top8, and how long has that been??? But I'm 90% sure we'll make the top4. We'd be much better if not almost $1million sitting at KFC allday JS.

Look at the stats, We just lost to the eels away 24-28 but beat them at home 32-18. Beat panthers 32-18, and when have they lost even with a reserve team. Beat the Titans away with the drama there and they've been playing great lately and against Dessie. And didn't come prepare against ex coach flano who told all our secret away 12-20. Currently on 11pts, if we learn how to finished games off ( 24-28 eels away ) ( 22-22 Warrior away ) ( 24-26 faiders at home ) and dragon 12-20 away, we would be on 18pts leading the competition. We're still sitting 5th fellow Eagles take it easy long way to go to start changing the team. Its a close competition this year hang in there. We've got the players but as long as they TURNED UP.

ALMOST SMASHED MY TV LAST WEEKEND :-((((

We are with teams like Sharks, Raiders, Tigers, Dragons, Eels, Titans, Bunnies, Dogs, Knights to name a few. Its a premiership every 20-25 years at best.
I tend to agree.
The NRL is split into major clubs, talent-rich clubs and minor clubs. The major clubs are:
Easts because of their backers and influence in business and within the NRL.
Brisbane, because they have such a huge base for fans and talent, and financial influence.
Melbourne, because of their financial strength and good management.
These three will always be in contention.
Then we have the clubs with great RL nurseries:
Penrith which, apart from its mammoth junior talent, attracts talent from western NSW regional areas. It also gets financially strong backing from its Leagues club.
Warriors have, potentially, the strongest junior talent of all, taping into NZ and the Polynesian nations.
Wests Tigers have a wide talent pool because of its geography, but they can't seem to get much else right.
Parramatta. Similar to Wests.
Souths have good juniors, backers with deep pockets and a rabid supporter base. Something has gone wrong over the past 12 months, but they will recover.
The only other club I see as being a potential powerhouse is Canterbury, primarily because of its rich Leagues Club.
As for Manly, we are really up against it in terms of junior talent and financial clout. Sadly, I fear that unless we can gain the support of the big hitters in business, like Easts have and we use to have when Arko was in charge, then we are little more than a small suburban club that will struggle for on-field success.

I tend to agree.
The NRL is split into major clubs, talent-rich clubs and minor clubs. The major clubs are:
Easts because of their backers and influence in business and within the NRL.
Brisbane, because they have such a huge base for fans and talent, and financial influence.
Melbourne, because of their financial strength and good management.
These three will always be in contention.
Then we have the clubs with great RL nurseries:
Penrith which, apart from its mammoth junior talent, attracts talent from western NSW regional areas. It also gets financially strong backing from its Leagues club.
Warriors have, potentially, the strongest junior talent of all, taping into NZ and the Polynesian nations.
Wests Tigers have a wide talent pool because of its geography, but they can't seem to get much else right.
Parramatta. Similar to Wests.
Souths have good juniors, backers with deep pockets and a rabid supporter base. Something has gone wrong over the past 12 months, but they will recover.
The only other club I see as being a potential powerhouse is Canterbury, primarily because of its rich Leagues Club.
As for Manly, we are really up against it in terms of junior talent and financial clout. Sadly, I fear that unless we can gain the support of the big hitters in business, like Easts have and we use to have when Arko was in charge, then we are little more than a small suburban club that will struggle for on-field success.
100/% Feathered friend
An Organisation is only as Great as the Great people it Invests in

4 before June 30. High likelihood those 3 Blacktown members signed for next year might enter early. That leaves 1 brand spanker to join soon.

Recruiting for 2024 with 4 spots needing to be filled by June 30 is interesting with the balance for 2025.

Off contract end of 2024.

Nathan Brown - In discussions for contract extension.
Gordon Chan Kum Tong - Nothing of note for extension as yet.
Jamie Humphreys - Nothing of note for extension as yet.
Karl Lawton, - Gone
Matt Lodge - In negotiations for contract extension.
Ray Vaega - Nothing of note for a contract extension.
Corey Wadell - Nothing of note for contract extension.

2025 New top 30 Additions.

Dean Matterson
Clayton Faulalo
Aitasi James

2024, 26 players currently signed in the top 30.

2025, 23 players currently signed in the top 30,

Actually does Hoppa have a top 30 contract in 25 as well?

We have a little bit of cash to splash for 2025 source: trust me bro

I’d say after the first domino falls and Fifita decides where he’s going we will get more clarity on the player market for next year.

We have a little bit of cash to splash for 2025 source: trust me bro

I’d say after the first domino falls and Fifita decides where he’s going we will get more clarity on the player market for next year.
How’s your injury healing up paul kent 😄😄😄😄😄

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11