2024 the year that will make or break Siebs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Hello my old silvertails friends. It's been a long time sadly, working long hours I don't get the time I used to to come on and enjoy some banter with the good guys on here.

But having some down time in Bangkok I thought I'd come on and make my call on what could happen this season.

There's alot of excitement around l, we have much more depth, brooks could be the great signing to take us to the next level. We have some real nasty bastards in the pack with brown and lodge who will show the other middles not to take a backward step.
Daly is like the finest bottle of grange he just gets better and better with age and then there's poor Tom the Ferrari that the media just can't stop talking about. I believe this side right now can be so much more than the one player team the media makes out.

So there's excitement about where we could go yes. We should be a middle of the 8 side pushing for top 4. But as I heard Justin Horo say we could almost as easily be bottom 4 and that's is true.

It's a critical season in the coaching career of Seibold and I have to say despite disagreeing with his signing I really want this fella to succeed. I love the way despite being an outsider he has embraced the clubs culture and ensured others have jumped on board.

However being a nice bloke doesn't mean you keep your job at manly it should always be about results. If it was just about being a nice bloke Peter Sharp would still be our head coach.

So anything less than the top 8 and I think Siebolds tenture should sadly come to an end.

There are a number of options if sadly it goes that way. Wayne Bennett - a last chance for him to win a comp.

Toovey let's be honest he should never have been sacked.

Then there's Matt ballin who's coaching has really developed under Kev Walters. He is now one of slaters assistants in origin and GI touted him and next maroons coach.

Hopefully we have a great year and arent talking about coaching options but if we fail to make the 8 it would need to happen. The muppet who owns the club has said a number of times it's a results driven business.
thanks for reading fellas
Cheers Cambo

Great post, can't take issue with any of it really, possibly except about Tooves, I think some of the senior players in the end were not that impressed with his style of coaching ('run hard make a break score a try'!)
Everything else you've nailed it, I reckon!

Hello my old silvertails friends. It's been a long time sadly, working long hours I don't get the time I used to to come on and enjoy some banter with the good guys on here.

But having some down time in Bangkok I thought I'd come on and make my call on what could happen this season.

There's alot of excitement around l, we have much more depth, brooks could be the great signing to take us to the next level. We have some real nasty bastards in the pack with brown and lodge who will show the other middles not to take a backward step.
Daly is like the finest bottle of grange he just gets better and better with age and then there's poor Tom the Ferrari that the media just can't stop talking about. I believe this side right now can be so much more than the one player team the media makes out.

So there's excitement about where we could go yes. We should be a middle of the 8 side pushing for top 4. But as I heard Justin Horo say we could almost as easily be bottom 4 and that's is true.

It's a critical season in the coaching career of Seibold and I have to say despite disagreeing with his signing I really want this fella to succeed. I love the way despite being an outsider he has embraced the clubs culture and ensured others have jumped on board.

However being a nice bloke doesn't mean you keep your job at manly it should always be about results. If it was just about being a nice bloke Peter Sharp would still be our head coach.

So anything less than the top 8 and I think Siebolds tenture should sadly come to an end.

There are a number of options if sadly it goes that way. Wayne Bennett - a last chance for him to win a comp.

Toovey let's be honest he should never have been sacked.

Then there's Matt ballin who's coaching has really developed under Kev Walters. He is now one of slaters assistants in origin and GI touted him and next maroons coach.

Hopefully we have a great year and arent talking about coaching options but if we fail to make the 8 it would need to happen. The muppet who owns the club has said a number of times it's a results driven business.
thanks for reading fellas
Cheers Cambo
Good read Cambo

Great post, can't take issue with any of it really, possibly except about Tooves, I think some of the senior players in the end were not that impressed with his style of coaching ('run hard make a break score a try'!)
Everything else you've nailed it, I reckon!
Hey bud hope all is well lach.

Agree that it is probably make or break for Seibold.

On paper, we have 4 legitimate stars - DCE, Turbo, Jake and Haumole

We have a very good 5/8 in Brooks.

One of the most talented young backs in the game in Koula.

And some really good first graders like Saab, Paseka and Garrick.

Plus, some decent depth around that, and some other youngsters that may hit this year.

There aren't any excuses.

They won't sack Seibs if we fail this year. They'll give him the following season and if we are struggling through the first 8-10 rounds of 25', he will be under intense pressure and be given the 'full support of the board' before being sacked a week later.

In the professional era, it's madness to only give a coach two seasons to make it work. So much goes into establishing a new regime, that turning over coaches every two years is fraught with danger. As much as I would hate to see us fail this year, I strongly believe a revolving door of coaches just makes turning the corner that much harder. I feel we should give him 3 years and if we haven't moved, then look to act. Anything earlier than that and we become the Titans.

Note: if we win the spoon, maybe earlier but missing finals, nah.

I'm not a fan, but we certainly cannot afford to see Seibold failing. It means we fail. It has already been the longest Grand Final drought in Manly history.

SeaBoldy’s little drain down at the airport about Souths choosing to stay in SD, rather than LV, might not help his cause. He has given Souths some added motivation.

Remember Anthony, sometimes:

IMG_9360.jpeg

Broken now. No coming back from this weak pathetic effort. Clueless coach, clueless leaders.

Seibold wanted someone to hold his hand last year. It didn’t take long for that to start blowing back on Manly.

Reminiscent of Brad Arthur holding Toovey’s hand in 2013, before that starting blowing back on Manly from 2014 onwards.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8