2021 Rugby League World Cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

HoldenV8

Journey Man
The 2021 Rugby League World Cup is quickly turning into a fiasco with Australia and New Zealand now officially pulling out of the tournament.

In other news, Pommy fans rejoice now that they can actually win it. Though it would be a massive laugh if they couldn't do that either.

They need to pull the plug on the tournament instead of ploughing on with it. And England would still struggle even without Aus/NZ, it's the worst group of players for decades

News said it has been cancelled but that could be premature.

Poms are blowing up as they would have had a chance of winning something this year.

In some ways it will be a shame to have the comp cancelled. The RFL needs the money. Plus it will give us a few extra weeks of footy to watch.

It’s a disgrace ARL should be ashamed of themselves
Totally agree. Pretty lightweight excuses from PV and the NZ camps. Too dangerous yes?
Given the Olympic team is in Japan and other sports seem to be able to manage the 'dangers' seems like the ARL and NZ are just acting like prats.

Personally, I hope those in charge down here see sense and the Kangaroos and Kiwis play in the World Cup.

Seriously, even after all they've had to go through in the past couple of years ... I doubt many of the Aussie and Kiwi players would turn down the chance to represent their country in a World Cup. Can you honestly see players like Tom and Jake declining to play for Australia?

And besides, when it comes down to it there are still going to be NRL players representing other nations like England and Pacific island nations like Tonga, Samoa, Fiji and Papua New Guinea. What's V'Landy's going to do, veto any NRL player from representing their country in the World Cup?

Last edited:
All the pacific islands are free to pick anyone from aus/nz with heritage relating to those islands. They could field some awesome sides.

I'd be nervous as a kiwi official, those guys play for Tonga, Fiji or Samoa, get in touch with their cultural roots, they may not come back to play for NZ at all. Like Lolo.

Aus/nz sitting this world cup out may end up being the best thing to happen to international league. If I was the irl I would incentivise playing for tier 2 teams as an F@@! You to aus/nz. If they earn the same playing for tier 2 as tier 1, who would they pick?

All the pacific islands are free to pick anyone from aus/nz with heritage relating to those islands. They could field some awesome sides.

I'd be nervous as a kiwi official, those guys play for Tonga, Fiji or Samoa, get in touch with their cultural roots, they may not come back to play for NZ at all. Like Lolo.

No chance, they'll always crawl back for the money unless the pacific nations match what Aus/NZ play their players

Disgraceful decision which you suspect reeks of NRL clubs self interest. The players who don't want to go should be able to let the selectors know. If ARL and NZRL only have enough players for one squad then pick a combined AU/NZ team.

The Wolrd Cup organisers should invite the NZ Maoris and Australian Indigenous to take the places of the Roos and Kiwis. Lets see if the ARLC and NRL stand in the way of that!

The Rugby League World Cup is set to be postponed by a year and played in 2022 in the UK.

The NRL are expecting an announcement from World Cup organisers that the decision to delay the tournament has been made, following the withdrawal of Australia and New Zealand.

NRL club CEO’s had called for the World Cup to be postponed until next year in the belief that it will be a safer and stronger tournament in 2022.

Reports from the UK over the last 24-hours echo the belief from within the NRL that after a series of emergency meetings between organisers and government officials, the tournament will be rolled over to 2022.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8