• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
According to this list http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/teams/manly-sea-eagles/#8YxfZxKq0ClQtCK3.97

which isn't 100% accurate, after the 2016 season we will have another bunch of guys who have been squad members coming off contract:

Buhrer, Burgess, Hodges, BJ, Leary, Potato, JSL, T-Red, Jorge and (lol) Williame. Then pretty much all the old dudes the following year. Honestly apart from Buhrer I can't see them keeping any of them. And for 2017 I doubt they'd keep anyone other than the Turbo's. Possibly Hiku.

I really hope Bozo the clown has a plan here because the roster by season kick off in 2018 will be possibly 5ish of the current group (Turbo's, DCE, Parcell, Api, Lus****) - so signings are going to be vital. You'd also hope they have a plan for the cuurrent u20's other than let them sign elsewhere.

#concerned

You are right about the future. Our Holden cup teams best players MUST to be retained.

Our retention program is confusing. Why are we letting quality juniors leave? I know we can't keep them all but the rumours that Pearsell and Knight may be lost to the club is astonishing mis judgement. As someone who regularly watches the Holden cup team. These 2 players provide the platform for the Tommy turbo and Demetroiu to cause havoc.

Come on Penn clan this is our future your gambling with.

Some think because we lose someone like gutherson that the end is near . I think the opposite , I loved gutho be let's be honest he has played 5 nrl games . If it was tom or jake t I'd be very annoyed they are the future of this club along with dce they will build another juggernaut.

What is worse we only have DCE signed for 2019. Good as he is he cannot win games on his own.
DCE's deal was announced as being a lifetime deal. As long as he is in the NRL he will play for us. Which given recent events means he will most likely be Parra's #7 in 2 seasons...

As for Gutho - is it possible that the club looked at his health issues and let him go? We've been pretty good at letting injury prone guys go lately. Choc, Gifty, maybe add Gutho to that list...

Maybe they figure they don't need Pearsell because they got Parcell?

I had erased that from memory and you just brought it right back...thanks for that. What was he smoking that night...I mean seriously.

I had erased that from memory and you just brought it right back...thanks for that. What was he smoking that night...I mean seriously.
Haha that comes into my head whenever I hear two things that sound alike and need a really **** house joke!

DCE's deal was announced as being a lifetime deal. As long as he is in the NRL he will play for us. Which given recent events means he will most likely be Parra's #7 in 2 seasons...

As for Gutho - is it possible that the club looked at his health issues and let him go? We've been pretty good at letting injury prone guys go lately. Choc, Gifty, maybe add Gutho to that list...

Yeah, the same club that said that JWH had limitations as well.

If Gutho preference is to play FB then where does he fit in the pecking order of things when you have the likes of Stewart, Tom T and Hiku ahead of him?

No. Surely not.
According to the club's heartfelt media release it was all about allowing Gutho to play for another club so that he could fulfill his potential - and play against Manly because we obviously are so sh..t-hot and stocked with stars that we failed to make the finals for the first time in a decade.
It has, however, caused a rethink among our marketing department and our new motto will be: Manly & Gutho. Stronger Apart.

If Gutho preference is to play FB then where does he fit in the pecking order of things when you have the likes of Stewart, Tom T and Hiku ahead of him?
Exactly... It could be a Chee-Kam type of move. Go away for two years, get some experience and then come back.
I think the Eels have signed him as cover for Hoppa, who must be gone. The only spot available for him at the Eels seems to be wing if Hoppa stays.
With all the players we've signed that can play multiple positions, he was going to be treading water for quite a while however, when Killer and Skivvy retire, there'll be heaps of opportunity.

Well Barrett must have a **** load of player management to learn. What a **** coach. Let's just look at the grand finalist shall we. Bennett asks Milford to move from full back to 5/8 for the benefit of the team and its done and it's a success. Green moves Michael Morgan again from full back to 5/8 he moves and it's a success.

Gutherson has played plenty of 5/8 in NSW cup the last couple of years. We need a 5/8. So rather then talk him into the move we piss him off to the Eels?

It is still a **** decision.

In reality 5/8 is a position just in name. How many play there off a scrum. Normally it is one pass to a big forward who hits it up. The good halves play five eight as well some on one side of the ruck and another ball handler on the right eg DCE and Foran. Thurston plays both sides as Barrett wants DCE to do. Soward and Marshall are hidden in defence so I think Gutho could have been given a chance. Who else? If Lyon you then put Hiku in the centre,........no thanks.

Well Barrett must have a **** load of player management to learn. What a **** coach. Let's just look at the grand finalist shall we. Bennett asks Milford to move from full back to 5/8 for the benefit of the team and its done and it's a success. Green moves Michael Morgan again from full back to 5/8 he moves and it's a success.

Gutherson has played plenty of 5/8 in NSW cup the last couple of years. We need a 5/8. So rather then talk him into the move we piss him off to the Eels?

It is still a **** decision.
I think you'll find Parcell will play 5/8

I'm just annoyed they've let Gutho go. Sounds like Gutho way moved on to fit Isaac John into our top 25.

I would suggest Barrett must plan on giving him plenty of top grade time if the top 25 is so important.

Other wise I am sure a second tier deal could have been struck for Isaac if we only wanted a back up half.

If I'm wrong. then hey wouldn't we still be better keeping Gutho. He Plays 5/8 in the 2's to provide that cover. But hey he's someone who is still an option in the backs especially wing.

Isaac if he's only a depth signing cover 5/8 or hooker. Sorry I thought we had enough no 9's?

Seriously I can't fathom it. But John being our star 6 who must be in the top 25 to not blow the 2nd tier cap is the only thing that kind of makes sense.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2